MN June 8-12, 2011: Scamp/fiberglass gathering, Duluth. MN - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2010, 05:32 PM   #21

Trailer: Compact ll
Registry
Hi, the Nelsons of Thompson Falls, Montana are planning to attend (we thinK) as part of a trip to the East Coast and back through the Heartland. We believe we are 3 days driving to the West of Duluth. '92 13' Scamp.
R. Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 PM   #22

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hello Nelsons.

We look forward to meeting you. If you come across MT 200 you will have to give us a report. We have never driven that road, are there places to gas up?

We generally go across Hwy 2 when we head east. On that road, in ND, the only overnight places are Walmart parking lots.

Plan to allow time for us to meet in Duluth and if you do the UP on the way east allow time for that great area too.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #23

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Hello Nelsons.

We look forward to meeting you. If you come across MT 200 you will have to give us a report. We have never driven that road, are there places to gas up?

We generally go across Hwy 2 when we head east. On that road, in ND, the only overnight places are Walmart parking lots.

Plan to allow time for us to meet in Duluth and if you do the UP on the way east allow time for that great area too.

Nancy
Hello! Have not decided Highway 2, or 200. We live on 200 about 50 miles from Idaho and have driven that route several years ago to Bismarck. No problem with gas, but will find out about camp sites and let you know! Thanks for the heads-up on Highway 2 in N.D.! have not camped in a Walmart.....yet. Looking forward to meeting you and other fiberglass people! and we will spend time in the U.P. before dropping down to Virginia to see family. Weather in June in the North woods? We went to Memphis last Sept, wonderfull, but still hot and muggy. take care, wade and paula nelson
Old 12-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #24

Wade and Paula,

We have always used Hwy 2 because it has been a very good surface. I think summer of 09 they had a nasty construction project on the Montana side just before Culbertson. Culbertson is usually our first night stop. They have a community park on the east side of town where they allow overnight (no service, just a small parking lot). The park also has flush toilet that is open. We have also stayed at Ft. Peck, they have overflow so we could fit in without reservations. We prefer to stay above dams, so we were upstream.

Williston and Devil's Lake both have WalMart. Williston has a new Wally. The old one had a parking lot that we never wanted to repeat. That was when we discovered the community park in Culbertson and have stopped there every time.

We do not like overnighting in Walmart but when push comes to shove it is convenient, free, and safe.

Will be interesting to learn if 200 in Montana is good surface as I have wanted to try that road. We did drive 200 in part of ND and enjoyed that, but I don't think we followed it all the way across ND. We do try to avoid interstate but have driven that many times too. Then we stay at T Roosevelt Natl Park.

Nancy
Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #25

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Wade and Paula,

We have always used Hwy 2 because it has been a very good surface. I think summer of 09 they had a nasty construction project on the Montana side just before Culbertson. Culbertson is usually our first night stop. They have a community park on the east side of town where they allow overnight (no service, just a small parking lot). The park also has flush toilet that is open. We have also stayed at Ft. Peck, they have overflow so we could fit in without reservations. We prefer to stay above dams, so we were upstream.

Williston and Devil's Lake both have WalMart. Williston has a new Wally. The old one had a parking lot that we never wanted to repeat. That was when we discovered the community park in Culbertson and have stopped there every time.
We do not like overnighting in Walmart but when push comes to shove it is convenient, free, and safe.

Will be interesting to learn if 200 in Montana is good surface as I have wanted to try that road. We did drive 200 in part of ND and enjoyed that, but I don't think we followed it all the way across ND. We do try to avoid interstate but have driven that many times too. Then we stay at T Roosevelt Natl Park.

Nancy
Thanks for the info on highway 2, I believe that you would like highway 200, not many pot holes or traffic here in Montana, and a pretty drive too. I see on the map there are camping grounds on 200 in No. Dakota, that will be interesting to check out. Can't wait for summer! Wade
Old 01-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #26

Trailer: Bonair Oxygen 2002
Registry
Duluth! So close to home! Our little Oxygen travels through there 10 times a year and perhaps, if it's alright with all of you, we'll find a spot for our Oxygen at your gathering.

Trevor and Tracy
Trevor and Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
Welcome Trevor & Tracy. We would love to have you attend. Our group always enjoys seeing different rigs. Remember to mark the calendar for April 1st and phone in your reservation.
Diane & Dave
DianeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #28

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Oh goodie, we will get to see an Oxygen!
Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #29

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Pete and I are planning to host a different style of the traditional evening music, in an effort to include more participants, promote variety in our music, and distance ourselves from that intimidating sense of performance. Whatdayathink...a Music Circle for players and dabblers?

I plan to shag along my bass and some flutes to jam along with everybody. I'm hoping that you'll dust off the instruments from under your bed and join in the circle. Doesn't matter if you know 1 tune or 100, or if you play the spoons or bagpipe. Wanna sing a song, join us. We music makers like it when folks visit or sing along when the spirit moves them. We're out for a good relaxing evening of just plain fun, playing music together.
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:36 AM   #30

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Craig View Post
Pete and I are planning to host a different style of the traditional evening music, in an effort to include more participants, promote variety in our music, and distance ourselves from that intimidating sense of performance. Whatdayathink...a Music Circle for players and dabblers?

I plan to shag along my bass and some flutes to jam along with everybody. I'm hoping that you'll dust off the instruments from under your bed and join in the circle. Doesn't matter if you know 1 tune or 100, or if you play the spoons or bagpipe. Wanna sing a song, join us. We music makers like it when folks visit or sing along when the spirit moves them. We're out for a good relaxing evening of just plain fun, playing music together.
Just leave room for us to set around and GRINN!!!
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #31

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
You've got it! Grinn all you want, but no scoffing!
David Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 10:26 PM   #32

Is anyone interested in doing a group hike to Ely's and Bardon's Peak on Thursday or Friday?

Advantage of doing a group hike: you don't have to hike alone, you get dropped off and picked up at the end of one or two segments. Segments are around 2 miles and 4.3 miles. Hike will be uphill, a bit of scrambling. You will have a guide, not really needed since the trail is well marked.

Read about the hike and see the map at this link

Duluth Trail Sections

Nancy
Old 01-30-2011, 10:33 PM   #33

Hiking sounds fun if I were about 40 yrs younger. I will be waiting at the campground for all the worn out hikers to return. This ole grandma just would never make it. Hope some of you do decide to go though. Go for it! Have fun!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #34

Update to Eggfest-Duluth

One of our talented planning people has constructed a web page with information detailing the event, activities in the area, and sights to be seen. If you are interested in attending, check out the sight: http://sites.google.com/site/eggfestduluth/
Yea its been 20 or 30 below this winter, but we haven't shoveled 2 ft. of snow.
D & D
Old 02-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #35

I have tried 4 times and it says "not found"
Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #36

Karalyn, I wonder if the URL wraps on your computer. Try the link below.

http://sites.google.com/site/eggfestduluth/

Hope this works for you. It works on both of our computers, didn't matter for us that it was wrapped.

Nancy
Old 02-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #37

Thanks Nancy. Is anyone else having difficulty ?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:13 PM   #38

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Great Info!!!!!

Karalyn---I'll wait with you!!!!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 07:33 PM   #39

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
The link worked fine for me. Great information. Thanks
BruceG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #40