Labor Day Weekend--Saratoga, CA--Informal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-04-2008, 07:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Talking

Hi All,

For anyone who would like to come, I'd like to do a *very* informal Scamp/Fiberglass get together at Sanborn Park located near Saratoga, CA. Just come as you are, no planned activities, no pressure!

I plan to leave home right after work on Friday, and get there prior to the gate closing at sundown. The camping sites have water and electric, with a dump station available. I have reserved site 15 E.

For more information about this park: http://www.parkhere.org/portal/site/parks/...xtcurrchannel=1

What is really neat about Sanborn, is that a theater company puts on *free* live Shakespeare Shows on Friday and Saturday nights! (They do ask for donations.) For the 2008 season they will be doing The Comedy of Errors and Twelfth Night. The shows are based on Shakespeare, but do have a twist!
For more about this see http://www.shadyshakes.org. The show starts at 7 pm, but you really should plan on being at the outdoor theater at 6:30 pm.

Possible daytime activities: For adults there is wine tasting on Saratoga’s main street, for the younger set, there is a small nature museum (also free). Plenty of trails for the hikers, grassy areas for the kids & picnickers.

We got our Scamp last year and have really enjoyed trying out camping (and backing in) at this small county run park. We’d love to meet some other “Scampers”. There are only 15 sites, so RSVP quickly if this sounds interesting!

To RSVP with the park: www.gooutsideandplay.org
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Maggie,

I'd love to come but with Labor Day so early in the month on the 1st, it conflicts with a golf tournament I go to the last week of August.

I'd be there in a heart beat if I could. I lived out near Saratoga for number of years, Monte Sereno, prior to moving to Sonora. I haven't been back in that area for about 10 or 12 years. I just never seem to get down to the Bay Area anymore. I've always loved Saratoga.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
I'd really like to do that! I'll have to think on it a little. I used to work in Saratoga--like 25 years ago--s'pose it's changed a bit!
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #4

Trailer: 1990 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
To RSVP with the park: www.gooutsideandplay.org

If anyone is looking for some last minute plans for Labor Day Weekend -- There are 3 spots left in the RV area!
Maggie S. is offline   Reply With Quote