Lake Casitas 8th Annual Rally - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2009, 02:42 PM   #121

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Scratch Steve & Gloria in #58. I don't think we'll be making it.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #122

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Just a quick note to ask your help. We have a waiting list for the rally .. we are asking everyone to please post a cancellation BEFORE actually canceling at Lake Casitas , or email or PM me, - in order to give those on our waiting list a chance to register.

We are hoping no one in our fiberglass group cancels... we are looking forward to seeing everyone at the rally.

Thank you for helping.
Carol and Jim
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:58 AM   #123

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Exclamation

Thanks, Carol and Jim for your efforts with the waiting list. Just to let you know, the Lake still does not show any cancellations from this group and have no open sites in the B loop now. I continue to call every day. I'll let you know if I have success.
Really looking forward to the event! That is Halloween- do we do Tricks or Treats ???
Martha
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #124

Trailer: 1990 Burro 17 ft
Hi,
I was also wondering if there is still space AND if there will be trick-or-treating. We have a 5 year old who will miss it otherwise. Well, that is if we can get a spot.

If that loop -B- is closed, is there another one near that we might be able to book? We don't mind a dry-camp spot at all.
mish p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:04 AM   #125

Quote:
Hi,
I was also wondering if there is still space AND if there will be trick-or-treating. We have a 5 year old who will miss it otherwise. Well, that is if we can get a spot.

If that loop -B- is closed, is there another one near that we might be able to book? We don't mind a dry-camp spot at all.

Hi

I sent you a private message.

Please sign up in EGRET if you can't get into BASS.

We can always have a few trailers Trick or Treat for your 5 year old. We have loads of friendly, fun people going to be there. He will love the ice cream social too.

Hope to see you there.
Carol and Jim

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #126

I've had several ask about Halloween and if we are doing anything. Yes, we will be there that weekend.

How about putting something out on, or around, your trailers ... that's always fun.

If we want to do trick or treating, it would mainly be just adults. Hey, I'm open to any fun ideas. We might have a few children and in that case, I would like to have a few trailers that would volunteer to hand out candy, or a small toy ... please let me know if you would be willing.

Another idea that I have passed by others, a parade. Everyone that I've approached loves the idea. This would be a fun parade - Pets dressed up. It can be as little as you like, as outlandish as you like. Anything from a scarf to a costume. It's up to you. The main idea is the parade. We can walk around the campground........ Costumes might be funny, cute, pretty, scary, or ?
Bonnie has offered to bring prizes.

Any other ideas that you have for Halloween, please let me know.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #127

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Oh! I'm decorating my trailer of course and will have candy to give out.....and I will probably dress up. Gracie would freak out at a parade but Ryder would like it....will have to dig through the dog costumes for him. I'm starting to make a scary miniature village and planning on bringing the first section of the creation!

I'm so excited! I love Halloween...can you tell?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #128

That's super Liz. It should be fun...

Anyone wishing to dress up and walk in the parade - or just walk in the parade - all are invited. It's just for fun!
Old 10-10-2009, 11:03 PM   #129

Hi Everyone,

We're getting close now to the rally and this mail is to bring everyone up-to-date. We are expecting approximately 40 trailers. Please come to space B50 for your name tag and roster and if you have a plastic name tag holder, please bring it to reuse..

If you find you need to cancel, (we sure hope not) please let me know first - we have a waiting list of anxious folks to come to the rally. We are recommending that anyone that cannot get into Bass, to please reserve in Egret.

Thursday:
No planned activities, however, we do plan to show a movie in the evening ... if weather cooperates, and if timing works out for those arriving. This is early bird day to setup, relax and watch everyone arrive on Friday.

Friday: Weiner Roast and Talking Stick
On arriving you will find a campfire where roasting hot dogs over the fire will be Friday nights dinner for anyone who would like to join in. Bring your own hot dogs, chips etc. (No need to stop for dinner on the way to camp).

SATURDAY:
Now this is a full day. Of course, you only need to do the activities that you are interested in.

Trailer Weighing: Fred Simson will bring his scale and has offered to weigh your trailer,at your campsite,
If interested, please sign up with Fred in space B49.. Times will vary as you sign up.

10:00 to 11:30 Open Trailers : Time to Open up your "home" and show your mods

1:00 ICE CREAM SOCIAL Volunteers needed: set tables up, & help dish ice cream.

Also and most important ...

There will be approx 70 people or more, so we need lots of Ice Cream - 1/2 gallons of ice cream, vanilla would be best, or bring your favorite. - we need sauces, toppings, chopped nuts, ... crushed pineapple, strawberries (cleaned and cut), bananas, etc. Whipped cream . Cookies or Brownies always welcome.. Yum. (This is Potluck Ice Ceam ... Bring your favorites.)
** If anyone would like to bring white tablecloths instead of ice cream and toppings, please let me know...

2:00 Dutch Oven Cooking class
Lori, again, has offered to do the Dutch Oven Cooking class. If interested, please email Lori, ASAP, for a recipe and ingredients to bring for the class. lori[at]downadustyroad.com. This is always a fun way to learn the Dutch Oven way of cooking. Lori and Mike will be in Space 44..

2:00 - 3:00 Bring Camp items to sell, trade or giveaway .. tables will be set up under the trees on the grassy area. CD's, DVD's, Books too! Please plan on staying with your items and remove any items still there.

3:15 Halloween Pet Parade Meet at space B50 (Uptons)
Since our Lake Casitas rally is over Halloween, we want to include your pets. It's for fun.. dress your Spooktacular pet up in as little as a scarf , or in a costume. We'll walk around the park area and there will be fun prizes. Can be scariest - cutest - funniest - prettiest - whatever ... Please join in with your pets. (Costume means any portion of, and simple or wild)).

Please be sure the costume is light and comfortable enough for them to wear. (Remember it could be hot out). Costumes should never be too tight but loose enough to remove easily from your pet. (Not heavy or bulky).

4:00 Wine Tasting Volunteers Needed.
Please email Bonnie if you can help... "Bonnie Copeland" <bonmail[at]pacbell.net>

We're doing it again this year as it's always a huge hit. Bring your favorite bottle of wine for tasting.. Please give it to Bonnie in site B45 by 1:00 on Saturday for preparation for the wine tasting at 4:00. Appetizers are always welcome for this.

Saturday Dinner ... No Planned Potluck
Everyone will be on your own for dinner on Saturday. An appetizer to share before dinner and/or a dessert to share after dinner would be great.....(An impromptu potluck sometimes happens).

Sunday Easy day...

11:30 Leftover luncheon. Bring your food to share.

Say goodbye to those leaving, relax, play a game, chat about mods, take a walk, and maybe go to dinner as a group to Ojai.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #130

Trailer: 1974 Trails West Campster
Send a message via Yahoo to Katie Byrnes
Unfortunately, I need to cancel. I want to stay near my Dad who fractured his right hip early July - was home for a week - then fell again & fractured his left hip.

I will wait to officially cancel once I hear back that someone is ready to jump in and take my spot.

Make it great, and see you all next time!

Thanks,

Katie B
Katie Byrnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 11:27 AM   #131

Hi Katie

I'm really sorry about your dad .and I understand why you need to cancel. Thank you for letting us know. Please don't cancel .. I'm sure we can fill the space with a fiberglass trailer.

I have Marianne on our waiting list. They are now reserved in Egret and have been waiting for a space in Bass. I sent you a Pm also.

Carol

Old 10-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #132

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Unfortunately, I need to cancel. I want to stay near my Dad who fractured his right hip early July - was home for a week - then fell again & fractured his left hip.

I will wait to officially cancel once I hear back that someone is ready to jump in and take my spot.

Make it great, and see you all next time!

Thanks,

Katie B
Hi Katie

I send you a PM with my contact information. Sorry about your Dad. All the best.

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #133

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Hi Katie

I'm really sorry about your dad .and I understand why you need to cancel. Thank you for letting us know. Please don't cancel .. I'm sure we can fill the space with a fiberglass trailer.

I have Marianne on our waiting list. They are now reserved in Egret and have been waiting for a space in Bass. I sent you a Pm also.

Carol
Hi Carol;

I send Katie my personal contact info in a PM

Thanks for your help
Marianne

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #134

Hi Katie and Marianne

I'm hoping timing works out great for you both.

I only wish Lake Casitas would work with us a little better wit a cancellation and someone trying to get the space.

Carol
Old 10-19-2009, 11:15 AM   #135

Trailer: Bigfoot 2500 Series (25C9.6E 'Yeti')
Send a message via Yahoo to Pat And Arleen
Oreo, Arleen and I have our costumes ready to go on Sat.

PS we can help with the ICS on Sat.
Pat And Arleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #136

Pat and Arleen and Oreo

Thanks for helping with the ICS.. and we're looking forward to seeing the costumes.

Carol
Old 10-20-2009, 07:21 PM   #137

PANIC REQUEST .. We Need A site and a Campfire Volunteer.

============

PANIC IS GONE... Thanks to Alexandra and Mataniu, we have space 54 for the campfires. Now we just need plenty of wood.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:00 PM   #138

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Quote:
PANIC REQUEST .. We Need A site and a Campfire Volunteer.

What's a rally without a campfire? We might find out..

As of now, we don't have a campsite for the campfire. If I remember right, the larger campsites good for a group are: 8, 14, 20, 41, 47, 48, 49. 51 to 57.. There's probably others.

If you can volunteer, please let me know ASAP.

Plan on bringing wood for the campfires ... we hopefully will have someone volunteer.

(If we don't have a campfire ... does anyone have a BBQ .. we could use 4 BBQ's and have a wiener roast....) We will have about 75 people.
We are willing to give up our site to the cause. But not having been there before not sure if our site will be suitable. However we will pack the wood in the pick up and if there is a better place we will not have hurt feelings.

We can't have a weenie roast without a fire!
Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #139

Quote:
We are willing to give up our site to the cause. But not having been there before not sure if our site will be suitable. However we will pack the wood in the pick up and if there is a better place we will not have hurt feelings.

We can't have a weenie roast without a fire!

Hi Alexandra

Thank you for volunteering your site. Yes, your site would be perfect. We had it there once before.

And Yes, please do bring wood - the evenings are cool and we will use a lot of wood.

I sent you a separate message.

Carol

Old 10-22-2009, 06:50 AM   #140

Trailer: 1999 21 ft Bigfoot (2500 series)
Quote:
Hi Alexandra

Thank you for volunteering your site. Yes, your site would be perfect. We had it there once before.

And Yes, please do bring wood - the evenings are cool and we will use a lot of wood.

I sent you a separate message.

Carol
No worries we will load up the truck and here we come. We are not leaving here until afternoon and will be getting there after three I figure.

Alexandra B is offline   Reply With Quote