AZ Lake HAVASU (near Quartzite) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
Lake HAVASU (near Quartzite)

I'm taking the baby-Girl, out and about, to see the world!

From the North Coast of Oregon to the Quartzite Rally on Feb. 7th. Since I have a cousin to the old Havasu (my Compact II), I would love to go there and see if any dinosaurs might still be there (either these trailers or the OLD folks who worked in the factory to produce them).

Maybe my California 'buddies' (How about you, Bob?) can give me some history on these hard tops (as compared to my pop-up Compact II). And if you think it worthwhile to even try to find some relic of that past civilization.

Also, I forgot the name of the young man...also from CA I think, that was doing a history movie on all of the different fiberglass trailers. He's a member of this site, but I can't find him without his name.

Also, just a side issue, can anyone suggest a way back to OR, that DOES NOT INCLUDE those horribly high mountains (Shasta through Medford). I'm deathly afraid of Heights, and coupled with my fear of driving on ice and snow, I was paralyzed with fear, coming down here. Truly tortured. Would there be a quicker route than catching HWY 101 at Crescent City, other than having one of those huge military helicopters, dangle me and the trailer over the passes and then drop us gently back onto I-5, at Canyonville. Or if it costs the same helicopter ride price, maybe I could ride as far as Roseburg.
Help in any way would be most gratefully appreciated!
Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Also, I forgot the name of the young man...also from CA I think, that was doing a history movie on all of the different fiberglass trailers. He's a member of this site, but I can't find him without his name.
Matt, H
Last Activity: 07-16-2012 10:30 PM

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ary-37971.html
Old 02-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
I
Also, just a side issue, can anyone suggest a way back to OR, that DOES NOT INCLUDE those horribly high mountains (Shasta through Medford). I'm deathly afraid of Heights, and coupled with my fear of driving on ice and snow, I was paralyzed with fear, coming down here. Truly tortured. Would there be a quicker route than catching HWY 101 at Crescent City, other than having one of those huge military helicopters, dangle me and the trailer over the passes and then drop us gently back onto I-5, at Canyonville. Or if it costs the same helicopter ride price, maybe I could ride as far as Roseburg.
Help in any way would be most gratefully appreciated!
Barbara
Barbara first off make sure you go out to the Desert Bar while your in the Lake Havasu area! Go on the week-end live bands - trust me its your kind of place girl. You can thank me later

re avoiding the Mountains - sorry but that really is the best direct route., There are others ways but if the weather turns on you they are way worse - roads not as well maintained & likely to close. Just watch the weather forecast closely and stop in at Seven Feathers for a hot tub and drink to congrats yourself for having done it.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 02:57 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
If you are really scared about heights but not scared of night driving then drive the pass at night. You can't fear what you can't see. It can be very tiring though if your anticipating doom and gloom all the way. I have this same problem going over Bridges and high over passes. Moutain roads and steep drops dont bother me. Looking down is not an issue for me, but looking up is a big problem.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote