Lake San Antonio Spring Rally - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2008, 12:47 AM   #181

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Hi all,

Here is a current list of activities for the Lake San Antonio Rally that we would like you to consider participating in. Several you have not read about before. Check them out.

Mike and I would like to provide a Chili and Cornbread dinner for the group on Friday night and Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls and coffee on Sunday morning. I need you to let me know if you plan to attend.

If you want to participate in the Dutch Oven workshop on Saturday afternoon, please email me and I will get you a recipe to cook. We will cook all the dishes together and all will be cooked and ready for the Potluck Dinner.

Lisa Montez is planning on bringing supplies to make craft "Story Cards". Please let her know if you plan on joining her.

Bobby Mayer has offered to bring some small basic agility equipment and let people try it out (on leash.) and a workshop on clicker training on Saturday afternoon. Bring your dog's favorite treats.

We will have a Trading Table available during the Saturday Open Trailer time. Bring RV appropriate things to give away, trade, or sell.

Gina has offered to have an "Internet Cafe" available so that you can check your email.

We will have FiberglassRV.com embroidered denim shirts and baseball caps available for sale, at $30 (shirts) and $17 (hats).

We are looking forward to seeing you all real soon at the Lake.

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:55 AM   #182

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Rally activities at the Gathering Place (center of lower campground)

Thursday
5pm - Happy Hour - Wine and appetizers. Bring your own to share

Friday
All day - Fun and Games - Pegs & Jokers, Sequence, Ladder Ball, Dominos, etc

5pm - Happy Hour - Wine and appetizers. Bring your own to share

6pm - Dinner - Homemade Chili and Dutch Oven Cornbread - Sanders' treat. Let us know if you plan to attend

Dusk - Movie Night - "RV" with Robin Williams, possible double feature Popcorn and cake provided. Bring chairs.

Saturday
10am - Open Trailers - Opportunity to visit other trailers and/or show your trailer

10am - Trading table - Available for "Free to good home" and "For Sale" RV stuff

12pm - Craft - "Story Cards" with Lisa Montez. Bring two related photos (like two Christmas photos or two photos from a vacation or two photos of grandchildren)

1pm - Dog Training - With Bobby Mayer - Demonstration of agility equipment and a clicker training workshop. Bring small, quickly eaten treats that your dog likes.

3pm - Dutch Oven workshop - with Lori Sanders. - Sign up by email, arrange for a recipe to cook. Bring your dutch oven, tools, charcoal and recipe ingredients

6pm - Dinner Potluck - Bing a dish for 8-10 to share (dutch oven class will provide their creations) Bring your plates, utensils and drinks

Dusk - Movie Night - "Long, Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball, possible double feature. Popcorn provided. Bring other snacks to share. Bring chairs.

Sunday
9am - Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls and coffee - Sanders' treat At Sanders' camp, everyone is invited

10pm - Possible additional dog training with Bobby Mayer

All day - Fun and Games - Pegs & Jokers, Sequence, Ladder Ball, Dominos, etc

5pm - Happy Hour - Wine and appetizers Bring your own to share

6pm - Dinner Hour On your own tonight

Dusk - Movie Night - "Cars", possible double feature

Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #183

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
We leave in three days. So excited. Anything we are supposed to remember that I have forgotten? I know. The peeps.

Once we get near the lake is there any special way to get to the campground? One map shows the campground at an entrance on the very south end of the lake and the other shows the campground near the middle on the west side but I can't find roads into the campground. I guess if you see a lost Casita circling the lake you can come out and save us.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #184

Never mind. I found this site that shows a big blow up map and a special one for the Harris campground.

http://www.mtycounty.com/pgs-parks/p...san-ant-s.html

Old 05-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #185

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Never mind. I found this site that shows a big blow up map and a special one for the Harris campground.
http://www.mtycounty.com/pgs-parks/p...san-ant-s.html
Yep, that’s the one. You take Interlake Road and go to San Antonio Lake Road. We’ll watch for you.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 PM   #186

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi, I've been 'lurking' around this thread for a while. We're still looking to adopt a Casita. The idea of visiting a place where there are lots of Casitas and Scamps ..... sounds fantastic. We saw our very first Fiberglass Trailer (13' Scamp) at a Campground in Idaho and we were hooked. A few months ago, some gracious brand new Casita owners (2008 17' SD), let us view their trailer.

I noticed that on Saturday you're having an "open House' and were wondering if visitors are permitted???

Marianne
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:51 PM   #187

Quote:
Hi, I've been 'lurking' around this thread for a while. We're still looking to adopt a Casita. The idea of visiting a place where there are lots of Casitas and Scamps ..... sounds fantastic. We saw our very first Fiberglass Trailer (13' Scamp) at a Campground in Idaho and we were hooked. A few months ago, some gracious brand new Casita owners (2008 17' SD), let us view their trailer.

I noticed that on Saturday you're having an "open House' and were wondering if visitors are permitted???

Marianne
Absolutely. We would love to have you visit.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:01 PM   #188

Here are a couple more maps. I hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lake_San_Antonio.gif
Views:	32
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	12994
Attached Thumbnails
Picture_1.png  
Old 05-04-2008, 01:38 PM   #189

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
Absolutely. We would love to have you visit.
Looking forward to meeting you.

Marianne
Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #190

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Lindsay, my plans have changed and I won't be in Bakersfield friday morning.

You will do fine! We'll see you there!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #191

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Mike and I would like to provide a Chili and Cornbread dinner for the group on Friday night and Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls and coffee on Sunday morning. [b]I need you to let me know if you plan to attend.
Robert will make meals appropriate for his diet, but I will participate in the Chili & Cornbread. Ditto for the Cinnamon Rolls.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #192

Well, we are on our way. Visited our son, dropped stuff off in our antique mall space, and picked up the rent from our renters. Then about 300 miles into our 450 miles today I heard an explosion. Dale was asleep. Pulled over even though the traffic didn't like it but none of the tires were flat so moved to a better place to look things over. One of the boots on the truck blew. Hmmm. Well, no one around seems to have the parts for the boot without ordering it and waiting and we don't want to wait. We left our old old easy lifts at home since the boots work pretty good. Now we don't want to replace boots as we plan to trade in the truck in a few months. So what to do. We will reload the back of the truck so the weight is more towards the front and let some air out of the other boot and wait until we get to the campground and ask all of you for advise. We want to get some better easylifts but ours got welded on by Casita. Well, think about it and tell us what to do when we see you in two days.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:17 AM   #193

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
What is a "boot" on your truck? Sorry, not familiar with the term.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:20 AM   #194

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I would imagine they are airbag lift assistants.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #195

Your right Gina. They are air lifts under the back by the wheels. We carry about 2000 pounds of inventory as well as pull the trailer. We still have the original shocks on the truck and since we have had the boots from day one, the shocks should still be good. The trailer just is leaning forward more but if we reload the inventory we can shift a lot more weight up front.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #196

Trailer: 17 ft Burro (Dance Hall Edition ''The Casbah'')
Greetings Everyone!

Well Tish has recovered nicely from her heart surgery which required that we miss the Lake Casitas Rally last October.

We just discovered she can take Monday off from work and we would really, really like to connect with everyone at the rally in Lake San Antonio.

So I was wondering if anyone has the need to cancel because of a change in plans we would be willing to buy your reservation directly. Or if someone is able to double up we will have our 17 foot burro 'the dance hall edition'. We wouldn't need the use of the picnic table and we are quiet and we do not use a generator. We would just need space for the burro and our suburu forester.

I'm really hoping we can manifest being able to attend. We will be leaving Santa Cruz after work on Friday and can either arrive at the campsite late friday night or early Saturday morning and we will be leaving on Monday.

Please feel free to contact me at by email or give me a ring at home.

Until then...celebrate life!

Warmly,
Laurie
Laurie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:19 AM   #197

Laurie,

I just read your post about the San Antonio Rally. The reservations are handled very differently, in that Lori and I bought and paid for ALL the spaces for Thursday through Monday in Harris Creek.

Lori is doing her very best to get everyone in. Please contact her to make arrangements, if possible, for the Rally. I know we are very full.

Lori’s PM: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ODE=4&MID=4
Old 05-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #198

Quote:
Laurie,
I just read your post about the San Antonio Rally. The reservations are handled very differently, in that Lori and I bought and paid for ALL the spaces for Thursday through Monday in Harris Creek.
Lori is doing her very best to get everyone in. Please contact her to make arrangements, [b]if possible, for the Rally. I know we are very full.
Lori's PM: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ODE=4&MID=4
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your help and I will contact Lori directly. I wasn't sure who to contact so I posted here so I am grateful for your assistance.

Make it a grr-eat day!
Laurie
Old 05-07-2008, 02:50 PM   #199

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi, Laurie & Tish - that's the BEST news about the complete recovery. Hope Lori can work some magic, and look forward to seeing you this weekend. Regards, L 'n D
Old 05-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #200

Quote:
Hi, Laurie & Tish - that's the BEST news about the complete recovery. Hope Lori can work some magic, and look forward to seeing you this weekend. Regards, L 'n D
Hey thank you...it was touch and go for a while but I do think the stent will stay put and while Tish is still adjusting to seeing herself as a 'heart patient', I trust with time she will have even better health than before.

Warmly,
Laurie