Lake San Antonio Spring Rally - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #201

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
Quote:
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your help and I will contact Lori directly. I wasn't sure who to contact so I posted here so I am grateful for your assistance.

Make it a grr-eat day!
Laurie
Hi Laurie and Tish,

I think we can work it out to work you into a double up site. Call me or PM me and I'll discuss the details. We'll take care of paying the park and you can pay us.

We leave tomorrow morning (Thursday) and will have both my cell phone and internet card. Hopefully they work.

Lori
Lori Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #202

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
getting ready to go!

and the cat does a disappearing act! arrgh!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #203

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

T minus 2 hours to liftoff.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:15 PM   #204

Trailer: 17 ft Burro (Dance Hall Edition ''The Casbah'')
Quote:
Hi Laurie and Tish,

I think we can work it out to work you into a double up site. Call me or PM me and I'll discuss the details. We'll take care of paying the park and you can pay us.

We leave tomorrow morning (Thursday) and will have both my cell phone and internet card. Hopefully they work.

Lori
Thanks Lori, it was great talking with you. I appreciate your help and we are looking forward to getting there as soon as we can. We are especially looking forward to kayaking the lake beneath the diamond studded sky like we did last year. Just awesome!

Make it a grr-eat day!

Laurie
Laurie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:21 PM   #205

Name: Bobbie
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Washington
Registry
Is there a check-in time?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #206

Trailer: 76 Fiber Stream
Quote:
Thanks Lori, it was great talking with you. I appreciate your help and we are looking forward to getting there as soon as we can. We are especially looking forward to kayaking the lake beneath the diamond studded sky like we did last year. Just awesome!

Make it a grr-eat day!

Laurie
Oh gawd. As if we really needed something else to consider. There's kyacking on the lake? Concetta and I were chatting about that a few nites ago, wondering if Lake San Antonio was a good spot for kyacking, and kinda decided it looked like a big boat lake. And this, being our first venture with our trailer we decided we didn't need kyacks on top of the car too. Now I'm giving that a second thought. Its a bit late to be asking this now but .... How many of you are bringing kyacks?

Wishing you all a safe and enjoyable trip. See ya tomorrow nite.
lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #207

Trailer: 17 ft Burro (Dance Hall Edition ''The Casbah'')
Quote:
Oh gawd. As if we really needed something else to consider. There's kyacking on the lake? Concetta and I were chatting about that a few nites ago, wondering if Lake San Antonio was a good spot for kyacking, and kinda decided it looked like a big boat lake. And this, being our first venture with our trailer we decided we didn't need kyacks on top of the car too. Now I'm giving that a second thought. Its a bit late to be asking this now but .... How many of you are bringing kyacks?

Wishing you all a safe and enjoyable trip. See ya tomorrow nite.
Oh yes kayaking is a must. There is part of the lake that is closed off to large boats where the Harris campground is. So it's really nice especially at night you can safely go on the water and just stare at the stars. We are thinking about bringing our telescope this time as well. I think you will regret it if you don't bring your kayak. There is a very easy launching site right from the campground as well.

I hope that helps,

Warmly,

Laurie
Laurie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #208

Washington
Registry
I'm almost ready to go load the dogs into the car. See you there!
Old 05-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #209

Name: Linda
Trailer: Casita
southern Oregon
I know that two groups yesterday went kayaking and the movie under the stars was so much fun. Hurry up and get here. I wouldn't worry about a check in time as the whole campground here is just us eggs. The fog is just burning off and the sun is promising another bright wonderful day. Time to go stand by the fire and get ready for the games.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:32 PM   #210

Name: Mike
It is sunny and cool, about 65°. The lake is empty, not a boat in site. Bald Eagles are circling and it is a beautiful day. This is Really the best time of year.

The Movie last night was my test set-up and based on ‘let’s see if this is going to work’; and sense there will be only a couple of us, I chose a movie I wanted to see “3:10 To Yuma”. Turns out we had a lotta people. Boy, it was a good movie.

Memorial day starts the summer season here at the lake.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #211

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
I followed Fredrick out to Paso Robles this morning then east to my home. Had a good time and great food. A big thanks to Mike and Lori making this event a great sucess. I averaged about 16mpg pulling the trailer so the gas bill wasn't too bad. I hope the "Green Room" isn't too busy.
Mike
Mike Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #212

Washington
Registry
Quote:
I followed Fredrick out to Paso Robles this morning then east to my home. Had a good time and great food. A big thanks to Mike and Lori making this event a great sucess. I averaged about 16mpg pulling the trailer so the gas bill wasn't too bad. I hope the "Green Room" isn't too busy.
Mike
And if anyone is reading this back at the lake, the 46/41 route is fine today, no construction. No traffic when I went.

Bobbie
Old 05-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #213

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all - we had a WONDERFUL time at Lake San Antonio! Thanx to Mike & Lori plus everyone who made it a very special weekend.

As Bobbie stated, if anyone is still at the park reading this, we learned from the waitress at Jack's Ranch Cafe that Hwy 41 from the intersection with Hwy 46 to the 5 will be COMPLETELY CLOSED May 13, 14 & 15. Don't know if anyone planned to use that route, but it looks like a detour will be necessary. Just FYI. Safe travels & camping fun - L 'n D
Old 05-12-2008, 08:55 PM   #214

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Mike and Lori .. We had a super time.

What a fantastic Rally this was. Movies under the stars every night... Dutch oven yummies.. great chatting times, roaring fires every night, fantastic weather . Even the pets enjoyed the rally. We know Jerry did.

We also stopped at Jacks Ranch on the way home - Jim had the Hawaiian Burger and I enjoyed the Ortega Burger and those great hot fries.

We're home now and it's cleanup time.. Snuggy Buggy is parked under her canopy - Now we are wondering where we can camp next between now and our October rally at Lake Casitas. Any ideas?
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #215

West Coast USA
Registry
you are more ambitious than I am!

I just got home.. 8 1/2 hours, including a nice pull over at the Wasco K-mart where I found a grassy area in the shade to make lunch and let the pups have a break.

My rig is sorta backed in, but still hitched.. I will do the rest in the morning, when it's NOT raining and there is.. day light.

Thanks Mike and Lori and to all that helped with my crisis' this weekend. Leslie and Dave for rescuing me off the hiway, Fred and Robert for following along and being just as late as we were on friday, Eric and all the "Guys" for trying to prop up my malfunctioning Jeep window and Liz and Rosemary (Who has an adorable rig, even if it is a stickie) for being veterinarians and keeping me from falling to bits when my old girl got sick and wierd.

Food was great.. company was great and it was as fun as last year! Thanks again Sanders!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #216

Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Registry
We've been home about an hour. The jeep had a malfunction on the way home that required an emergency stop on the side of the freeway north of S.B. The idler pulley froze and the fan belt got cooked off. After it cooled down we were able to limp it off the freeway and get the parts to fix it and get back on the road. Good the Eric is a mechanic!

Thank to Mike and Lori for the fun weekend. It was great to see everyone!
Old 05-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #217

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Thank you Mike and Lori! Lake San Antonio Rally has become a MUST ATTEND event for Robert and I. Robert couldn't let anything prevent him from being there.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #218

Name: Mike
A few photos...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3516.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	13173
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3521.jpg   IMG_3522.jpg  

IMG_3523.jpg   IMG_3524.jpg  

IMG_3532.jpg   dutch_oven_class.jpg  

Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:55 AM   #219

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
methinks that this was one, if not the one, of the best.
when i think of all the iron that Lori moved around, it makes me tired and ashamed.
that was a super effort by Lori and Mike.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #220

West Coast USA
Registry
I am going to name this the "Jeep Malfunction" weekend!

I am sorry, it's my fault.. I brought a curse.

Glad you made it back OK tho!