Lake San Antonio Spring Rally - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2008, 06:03 PM   #121

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Lori, I just submitted payment via the donation form. I hope its not too late. I didn't see how to note the donation so it would be directed to you. I did add some detail in the comment field so I hope that works. Also, now that Concetta's seen our new toy she's very excited and told me she wants to take Monday off so we could stay an extra nite. So we'll be getting there Friday night (probably ~7:00'ish) and staying through Sunday night, leaving Monday. That's one more night than we were originally booked for. Hope that's OK.
happy trails, Lindsay & Concetta
Linsay, The payment arrived and I’ll give it to Lori.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:18 PM   #122

Trailer: 76 Fiber Stream
Quote:
Lindsay, I will be going thru Bakersfield on Friday morning, possibly even staying at the county park (Kern River) on thursday nite to break up my drive.

I would be happy to stop and help you with your hook up and travel with you to the Lake if you think that would be helpful.

I don't know if the timing works or nite, I plan on taking the day off on Friday and getting to the lake earlier than 7.
Hi Gina,

THANK YOU! Yes, I would love to meet you, chat a bit, have you look over our rigging and receive any other suggestions you might have. I'm sure that would help both Concetta and I feel a little more assured. Concetta teaches until about 4:00 and we'll leave Bfield shortly afterward. Which is why I figured we would get to the camp around 7'ish. It sounds like you'll be leaving Bfield before us but getting together earlier in the day would be helpful. Thanks so much.

It sounds like you know more about places to stay over in Bfield than we do. We'll probably be running around Thursday night trying to get our act together but please let me know if there is anything we can help you with in Bfield.

Also, we'd like to participate in the dutch oven cooking, the bar-b-que (if there is one) and any other happenings. Anybody know what we should bring for any of these activities? Like, what size/kind of dutch oven? Coals? Ingredients? etc? What are some of the items people are planning on baking? Bread, cinnamin rolls, cake, cobblers, pies? Its been a long time (read: decades) since we baked in a dutch oven but I have fond memories.

It just hit me. We go to all the trouble to haul lightweight fiberglass trailers. And then we fill 'em up with dutch ovens? Go figure.
lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #123

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Lindsay, send me a PM with your particulars. The only things I know for sure are that I will be in or going thru Bakersfield on friday am. I will go up the 99 to the 46 (Or is that the 41?) and over west from there.

I am not big on I-5, and I actually would prefer the drive up the 101, but don't want to fight the LA traffic in the morning to get there.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:32 PM   #124

Quote:
I will go up the 99 to the 46 (Or is that the 41?) and over west from there.
That would be Hwy 46.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #125

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Also, we'd like to participate in the dutch oven cooking, the bar-b-que (if there is one) and any other happenings. Anybody know what we should bring for any of these activities? Like, what size/kind of dutch oven? Coals? Ingredients? etc? What are some of the items people are planning on baking? Bread, cinnamin rolls, cake, cobblers, pies? Its been a long time (read: decades) since we baked in a dutch oven but I have fond memories.
One of the dishes I hope to make for one of the meals is a Mexican Lasagna. It has tortillas instead of noodles and looks very strange but it tastes so good. We haven't tried making it but when we tried it at a DOG it was so good we wanted to try to make it and have the receipe.

We are open for everything from movie night to DO cooking. We are looking forward to learning new things, meeting new people and seeing our old friends.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 PM   #126

Trailer: 1998 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / Red F150 X-Cab
Gina, From some things mentioned in earlier posts, I'm thinking of taking 198. I hate construction, all those cones and dividers make me nervous even when I'm not towing. Shoot, I don't even like the slow lane on bridges! You might check 198 out.

Quote:
Lindsay, send me a PM with your particulars. The only things I know for sure are that I will be in or going thru Bakersfield on friday am. I will go up the 99 to the 46 (Or is that the 41?) and over west from there.

I am not big on I-5, and I actually would prefer the drive up the 101, but don't want to fight the LA traffic in the morning to get there.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:52 PM   #127

Mike, would it be possible for friends to come along and camp in a tent on my site? Would there be an extra charge? Two adults and 3 kids (in addition to my Casita with my son and I).
Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 PM   #128

Registry
I am open to trying the 198.. I enjoy finding new ways. As I recall, last year it was a 7 hour trip from Corona, over the grapevine and up I-5.. that was one LONG day after having worked too.

I tow the speed limit, will I be annoying to folks or is there easy passing and turn outs?

Linda, I will selflessly volunteer to judge your lasagna. I know.. I know.. you don't have to thank me.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #129

Quote:
Mike, would it be possible for friends to come along and camp in a tent on my site? Would there be an extra charge? Two adults and 3 kids (in addition to my Casita with my son and I).
The park will charge for extra people and another car. How big is the tent?

We aren’t sure your site is big enough for a tent. We are going to go up there and check it out. These sites aren’t really set up for tents, but I don’t think it’s a problem. We just need to check things out.

We can’t go up there this weekend. We have another commitment, but probably next.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #130

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Gina, From some things mentioned in earlier posts, I'm thinking of taking 198. I hate construction, all those cones and dividers make me nervous even when I'm not towing. Shoot, I don't even like the slow lane on bridges! You might check 198 out.
I drove 198 back from 101 (that section) coming down 101 from King City a few years back. I don't remember any problems but of course I wasn't towing. I remember some twisty stuff around Coalinga, though, don't know how that would have been with a trailer.

Bobbie

Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #131

Registry
well, I looked at Mikes maps again and realized the 198 is VERY far north of where I need to go. Is the 58 over to the 101 an OK route? It looks like it takes a climb in the coastal hills, but it also looks like a pretty drive getting there.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #132

Quote:
well, I looked at Mikes maps again and realized the 198 is VERY far north of where I need to go. Is the 58 over to the 101 an OK route? It looks like it takes a climb in the coastal hills, but it also looks like a pretty drive getting there.
Hwy 58 in my opinion is not a way I would go. It goes across California Valley.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:07 PM   #133

I don't want you to have to drive up there! Could I maybe call them and ask? That way I can find out the extra charges too. I vaguely remember what the sites looked like, and I guess you're right, they weren't necessarily flat or big. Though a number of them had quite a bit of room between them.

Quote:
The park will charge for extra people and another car. How big is the tent?

We aren’t sure your site is big enough for a tent. We are going to go up there and check it out. These sites aren’t really set up for tents, but I don’t think it’s a problem. We just need to check things out.

We can’t go up there this weekend. We have another commitment, but probably next.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #134

Quote:
I don't want you to have to drive up there! Could I maybe call them and ask? That way I can find out the extra charges too. I vaguely remember what the sites looked like, and I guess you're right, they weren't necessarily flat or big. Though a number of them had quite a bit of room between them.
Lisa, We have a Unique deal where I have paid for the whole area in order to make sure no Bulgemobiles, Motor cycle gang, or what ever would be in the middle of our Rally. That being the case, we got permission to double up as long as they got their fees. Now they have no idea who is where and frankly the camp hosts volunteers don't know which site is big or small, level or hilly.

So if you call them (the part time camp host in the office that day), it will make more work for them and they may or may not try to give you "Sure you can do that or No, you may not". How does that work with Lori and I trying to fit everyone in and make it all work? Lori and I are working with the Monterey County Parks officals.

So we are working out all the details and trying very hard to make room for everyone. We have a waiting list because we have run out of room. We are feeling that we probably need to go up there and see how we can work everything out.

Please let us work it out, Thanks.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #135

Okay, Mike, I see. I just didn't want you to go out of your way for me. But if you are going up there anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could see if there's tent space. Thank you so much! And thanks to you and Lori for all your organization of things!

Quote:
Lisa, We have a Unique deal where I have paid for the whole area in order to make sure no Bulgemobiles, Motor cycle gang, or what ever would be in the middle of our Rally. That being the case, we got permission to double up as long as they got their fees. Now they have no idea who is where and frankly the camp hosts volunteers don't know which site is big or small, level or hilly.

So if you call them (the part time camp host in the office that day), it will make more work for them and they may or may not try to give you "Sure you can do that or No, you may not". How does that work with Lori and I trying to fit everyone in and make it all work? Lori and I are working with the Monterey County Parks officals.

So we are working out all the details and trying very hard to make room for everyone. We have a waiting list because we have run out of room. We are feeling that we probably need to go up there and see how we can work everything out.

Please let us work it out, Thanks.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:55 AM   #136

How about a quick question. How are the bugs at the campground? We encountered a few ticks up here already this weekend.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 PM   #137

Quote:
How about a quick question. How are the bugs at the campground? We encountered a few ticks up here already this weekend.
There are lots of deer all over the park. So I would think there could be ticks. To tell you the truth, we have not had any problems with bugs. Now this year, who knows.

Lori and I are going up there next weekend and we’ll ask around.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #138

Trailer: 17 ft Oliver Elite
Send a message via Yahoo to ChuckH
Unhappy

Hi Gina!!
Stay off the 58, VERY windy and narrow. Best way shud be 99 north from B'field to the 46 to Paso Robles. If you go that way, stop at Jack Ranch Cafe where the 41 joins the 46. Good place to pullover next door (site of James Deans' fatal accident) Cafe has FRESH home pie n huge homemade Burritos.
See ya'll soon, Chuck
ChuckH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:44 PM   #139

Lori and I went up to Lake San Antonio Harris Creek campground today. Boy what a Beautiful Day today up there.

Lisa M, There is plenty of room for your friends tent in your site. It is one of the very few that a tent will work and not bother the neighbors.

John Hoopes, We are able to work you in. It will be great seeing you guys again.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #140

Thanks for making the extra trip to the campground Mike. We can't wait. Just two weeks and a day before we head out from here to head to the campout. Lori, do you have a list of things you want us to bring for the class yet? Anything else special to bring, besides the peeps for Gina? We won't have room for things like firewood or easy ups as the truck will be full and we only have the back seat for camping things.