Lanesboro, Mn - Egg Fest #3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2006, 10:28 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
2007 Lanesboro Mn FGL EGG FEST #3
note we are using the lower campground this year because we outgrown the upper one. sites C1-36 with activities near site #32

Friday evening 8:00pm meet n greet at campfire site #32?
Saturday 4:00pm Trailer tours ( some people like to leave early on Sunday )
Saturday 6:00pm POTLUCK followed by campfire

any ideas more ideas let me know??

Call Eagle Cliff camp ground 507-467-2598 for reservations
Check out the Lanesboro web page for things to do in the area
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:31 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Date?

Don't forget to add it to the Calendar Jim
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We just got a new canoe for the trip, Jim. Bought it in blue to match our Burro.

And we already have our reservations for next year.

Now I just need to get the hubby to get our bicycle built for two ready for the bike trail.

Hope the weather cooperates.

CindyL
Old 11-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #4

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
We just got a new canoe for the trip, Jim. Bought it in blue to match our Burro.
CindyL
What kind of canoe?
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #5

Registry
Our canoe is a fiberglass Mad River canoe in royal blue and made of royelex.

We have an aluminum one, but when we bought that one, we had to accommodate two children, so it is longer and wider and much heavier. So, as empty-nesters, we downsized our canoe. Our aluminum one is going to our son.

Sometime, I will post a picture of the whole rig: Burro, tug, and canoe, but since we live in Chicago, our use of the canoe will be limited for a few months. We stashed it away in the garage.

CindyL
Old 11-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #6

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hi, Lily and I are coming to Minnesota this year then on into Wisconsin, Michigan dropping down into Ohio before heading west for home.

I'm hopeful that you'll say the dates are JULY 6-8 as that's when we'd be in the area and could come.

I'll miss the gathering at Leech Lake near the Scamp factory as I can't leave home until the day the gathering ends and won't arrive in MN until June 26. I'll stop by the factory before touring the Nordland then on to southern MN and into WI.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #7

Registry
Jim,
Sorry if I am stealing a march on you, but I thought that in case you did not make it back here quickly, the date needed to be posted.

Everyone else:

As listed in the camping report from the '06 Lanesboro meet, the date of next year's Lanesboro campout is Sept 21, 22,23, 2007. We had to go later, so that we could use the lower part of the Eagle Cliff campground to accommodate more participants

CindyL
Old 11-06-2006, 05:53 PM   #8

Registry
plus we can watch the year around campers on their golf carts come down the hill to take pictures of all the great efficeint campers having fun

thanks for posting the dates.
long hard hours does not help the mind
Old 11-07-2006, 09:45 AM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
I need some information. What is the name of the campground? Cost per site and what is available on the site. I see this is #3. Where is #1 or #2? I am assuming #1 might be Leech Lake Campout. Is this one on a lake? Facilities available? Nancy-C
Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #10

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Nancy,

Scroll down on this rallie, get-together group until you find the 2006 Lanesboro postings. I think maybe a lot of your questions will be answered reading about the second meet. If that doesn't answer your questions maybe you could go back to the thread about the first meet.

This meet is way south for me so we haven't gone. This year they scheduled it for right before peak color in northern MN so I will probably stay north again to enjoy Northern Minnesota in its bug free glory.

Nancy in no mn
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
I need some information. What is the name of the campground? Cost per site and what is available on the site. I see this is #3. Where is #1 or #2? I am assuming #1 might be Leech Lake Campout. Is this one on a lake? Facilities available? Nancy-C

My questions are mostly answered. Sites 1-36 what is the cost? I mostly camp in Army Corp of Eng campgrounds at half price so $20 seems high but campground sounds beautiful. Thanks for responding. Nancy
Nancy-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:39 PM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Nancy-C,

The cost still listed on the Eagle Cliff website is $24 per night for water and electric. The campground is about 4 miles east of Lanesboro and is a beautiful site on the Root River. This is a canoeing and fishing paradise with a beautiful bike trail. The town of Lanesboro is just a delight, with great antique shops and neat small businesses. We especially liked the Lanesboro town museum, which even includes a baseball signed by both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig!

Kevin

(By the way, the #3 refers to the 3rd annual, rather than a sequence of camping events around the area.)
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:03 AM   #13

Trailer: 2001 Scamp Deluxe 16 ft
This rally is at the Eagle Cliff campground on the Root River near Lanesboro.
GPS coordinates are:
N43 44.807 W91 56.352

Their web site is:
http://www.eaglecliff-campground.com/

This will be the start of the fall colors in this area. There is a great paved bike trail to ride or hike from the campground to Lanesboro. Or, there are canoes and kayaks available for rent at the campground for on the Root river. Lanesboro is a must see.
http://www.lanesboro.com/

Nearby Rushford is also worth the trip to see the museum (free), and bike trail.
http://www.bluffcountry.com/

Hope this info helps!
Ken Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:07 PM   #14

Registry
Thanks guys for posting peoples answers.
All three events are or were at Eaglr Cliff campground.
It is VERY hard to find a place that has a lot to offer and will work with you to host such an event.
State and Federal campgrounds have no provisions for a group like this let alone to have us all in one area with out 60 class A parked in among us.

The first event took much time to find a host campground, If any one has a suggestion for year 4 , I will be all ears. I would like to keep it near the SE MN, SW WI, NE IA, NW Il location as we have had people from Chicago to westens Mn to Norther Wi at the first two events. But new scenery for 2008 mignt not be bad.

PM me with any comments you might have.

Best regards Jim & Jonell
Old 11-13-2006, 07:31 AM   #15

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Jim,

You are doing, and have done an excellent job planning this event!

It certainly is plenty for just one person to do, if you need help please let me know!
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:47 AM   #16

Trailer: 1975 Boler 13 ft
Hummm........ I may have the Boler in a usable state by then, I just may make it. Would be nice to meet all of you and admire the rigs.
Dan
Dan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #17

Registry
We have used the Burro for 4 years now with the fibreglass floors and everything torn up, trashing now to get it done by this weekend we are leaving on the 16 for Taos Nm, grand canton AZ, Tucson AZ and Carlsbad NM.

I have rebuilt the frame, new hitch, dual propane tanks, real T&G pine floor, interior rewired, new interior lights, new 110V electric. and mesh fronts for the open shelves on both ends.

I plan on posting pictures when we get back from our trip.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:40 PM   #18

Registry
just a freindly reminder to make you reservations for the 3rd EGGfest in Lanesboro Mn.

If you need flyers to hand out to glass campers you see let me know I will see what I can do.

Jim & Jonell H
Old 05-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #19

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
just a freindly reminder to make you reservations for the 3rd EGGfest in Lanesboro Mn.

If you need flyers to hand out to glass campers you see let me know I will see what I can do.

Jim & Jonell H
How many folks have registered so far, Jim? We registered when we were there last fall and are looking forward to another fun weekend!

Kevin
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #20

Registry
Quote:
How many folks have registered so far, Jim? We registered when we were there last fall and are looking forward to another fun weekend!

Kevin
I have not talked to them since last fall, but there were 7 or 8 capmers signed up when we left and I know a couple have signed up since.

Tags
eggcamper