Loners On Wheels. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2002, 07:38 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Loners On Wheels.

:wave I read somewhere on this thread about Loners on Wheels. A camping group for singles. They have chapters all over the USA many in Florida with lots of Rally's planned etc. But what really raised my eyebrows was that they have campgrounds for singles only. No married couples or any couples allowed. So any singles out there this may be for you!:) Check it out. MANZI in New Jersey.

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 08:06 AM   #2

Loners

Joe, I was the one who posted the info on Loners on Wheels. I've only heard good things about the group ... founded in 1969.

http://www.lonersonwheels.com/

It's not a dating group, or a swinging singles group. It's just an association of single folks who enjoy the RV'ing lifestyle.

Cohabitation is absolutely forbidden ... and, in fact, if you are cohabitating ... well, you aren't single ... you're a couple and it's time to leave the Loners on wheels group!

To be honest with you, my biggest fear is that something will happen to me, and Pam will either feel uncomfortable, unsafe, or whatever and will give up RV'ing, something we both love to do ... so I've always kept an eye on the progress of the Loners on Wheels group.

I personally think it's a great idea!

Old 11-02-2002, 09:50 AM   #3

cohabitating

interesting concept. does two in a trailer mean cohabitating? Maybe one sleeps in the back room and one in the livingroom, that wouldn't be a couple, but would it make it not a single camper?. I haven't checked out the rules as I'm not single, but this got my mind going, here. Oh well, not important.

Old 11-02-2002, 01:43 PM   #4

LOW

One of the nice things about LOW is that they greet you with a hug when you arrive at a CG.

Pete and Rats who are not considered cohabitators

Old 11-04-2002, 11:52 AM   #5

Loners On Wheels.

Yep, it was you Charles who put the bug in my ear on one of these threads about LOW. LONERS ON WHEELS. So I checked it all out & they have lots to offer. They even have a ranch out in New Mexico strictly for LOW members. Its 2 bucks a night to dry camp there. The Ranch has lots to offer it seems. I am still checking it all out. And they have a campground in Bushnill, Florida as well. Rally's all over the south now that winter has set in up here in the N.E. Even some along the Gulf Shore in Florida where you like to go.
At least for me, this could be a whole new frontier of camping & traveling for me. Will keep you posted. PS> Watch for a few photos from me via snail mail. They are about my Camping in rural PA.
PS: Just got in from 2 days of camping at allairetate Park near here. Its open all winter. No facilities shut off. Water turned off too. But they have a very nice heated bathhouse. I was the only one in this beautiful campground. Both nights it was freezing but ran my furnice all night & battery in Casita seemed to hold up well.
Beautiful wooded area & forest all over. $10 a night. You needed anice fire to stay outside at night. I had a truck full of firewood. Antique General Store thats from out of the past 2 miles away. Food, freakfast, coffee, sandwiches etc. Opens at 4:30 AM
A wonderful part of old New Jersey-farms everywhere & tractors are more popular than SUV's! More soon, MANZI

Old 11-04-2002, 06:34 PM   #6

NO COUPLES PLEASE!

Re your thread, you are not allowed another person in your trailer during any LOW rally or event, unless they are a blood relative.
Maybe you can get by if you sleep under the trailer! Plenty of room under the trailer. MANZI in JERSEY

Old 11-04-2002, 06:37 PM   #7

Regarding LOW.

If you are single you can stay at there LOW Ranch in New Mexico for only 1200 bucks for the full year plus electric. The Ranch is very nice & the National Headquarters for Loners On Wheels. You can boon dock there for 2 bucks a night. But no sleeping under the trailer allowed!!! MANZI