"LOONIES ONLY" : B.C.'s Fall Meet. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 AM   #21

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
...yes, I see your name up there on the list. Do you need help/any questions about coming up here??

Your 'kids", would these be the 4 legged or two legged kind? The 4 legged ones (I think) are a 'toonie' each!!!

...oh, we have had a rather serious mosquito outbreak here (especially there, due to its closeness to a river), and the campground IS taking measures to reduce their numbers, but it might just pay you to pack a little (extra) of whatever you choose to use to repel those pesky l'il kritterz!!!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 11:14 AM   #22

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
My kidders are the two legged kind, although with two of then that makes four legs! What are the rules about bringing the four legged kind across the border, anybody happen to know? I'm sure I will have some questions, stay tuned. Thanks for the heads up on the skitters, I hate them I always get eaten alive!

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images

Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #23

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Sharon from Seattle meet Sharen from Whidbey Island. We're signed up for #10 at Fort Langley on Sept 14/15, so see you there. We've long wished to travel in B.C., so this will be fun, and what a beautiful time of year.

Like Sharon, we have questions about crossing the border with a rig. I know they like us to travel with our US Passports, so OK on that. And car registration docs, but what about rig docs?

- What should we expect with respect to towing the Casita? Anything special we should know to ease the crossing? No fresh fruits and veggies?

- We plan on bringing Keeper and True, our Westie and Golden. What documents are required for entering Canada and then returning to the US?

And thanks for the heads-up about the mozzies. Bug spray. Agrhhh. Ticks too?

Thanks,
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:07 PM   #24

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe
Registry
I've been in and out of BC from Washington State a number of times in the last 3 years. With my dog.

All they ever ask for is my passport and the piece of paper from my vet that demonstrates that the dog's shots are up to date. I think rabies is the most important.

Once I was stopped at a small crossing about 200 miles east of Vancouver. The guy at the crossing asked to see the inside of my 13' Scamp. I opened it up at which time he explained that the inspection was strickly personal. He and his wife were looking at FG eggs.

So I gave him the full tour. He took pictures.

Ron Mayo - Lopez Island, WA
RonMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 06:39 PM   #25

Registry
Most of the bases have been covered here, except the kids. They each need some form of gov't issued I.D. (I think). Pets NEED current rabies docs. One should ALWAYS carry car and trailer related paperwork, ie proof of ownership/insurance papers, etc.

For you folks coming from the United States of America to the Fort, you might want to consider crossing at the Aldergrove (B.C.) crossing. It is closest and most direct route to camping at the Fort.

From Bellingham, north off I-5, you'd want to take the Guide Meridian Exit (not sure of exit # even though I use it alot in our tours in N.W. WA!!!) and keep on heading North till you hit the snow line !

Top up with gas at the station right before the border.

NOTE: this crossing is NOT open 24 hours a day, but I'm not sure when it shuts down either. It DOES open at 8:00A.M.

Leave all firearms and weapons of mass destruction back on the farm. Customs Canada does NOT like competition

Can't wait to see all these new fresh faces!!

As we are on holiday(s), the Trailer Goddess and I are going to try an "power park" ....get there early, maybe even that Thursday morning (We have sooo far to travel to get there from way up here on the hill!!)

There is food available at the on site diner (GREAT GRUB TOO) and 'town' with all its touristy shops AND the refurbished Fort is only a short walk into town, MAYBE 1/2 mile. so far no one in our group has mentioned anything about our usual pot-luck meeting so I can't recommend anything you folks might want to consider bringing to the communal buffet/meeting .... but finger food(s) are always a good thingy

Don't forget there is also an inground swimming pool here folks!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:17 PM   #26

Trailer: 72 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Hi all,

I managed to get a coupel more sites since we filled all 20 that we had. One of the three I picked up was immediately taken so if you've been thinking about coming to Fort Langley for our meet you better jump fast!

Craig.
Craig Breckenridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:53 AM   #27

Registry
A short note to newbees coming to our meet...

This time of year the pollens and such are fairly in these parts, and you will be nesting in a grassy/woodsy setting.

Might be a good for those of you who suffer from allergies to pack whatever it is you'd take to relieve your symptoms..
Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 AM   #28

Quote:
Don't forget there is also an inground swimming pool here folks!!!

Do you think it will still be open after Labor Day?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 AM   #29

Quote:
Sharon from Seattle meet Sharen from Whidbey Island.
By the way, nice to meet you too!
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 PM   #30

Registry
Sharon, cheque yewr P M s LOL!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:20 PM   #31

Registry
...and a FOLLOW UP!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 08:52 PM   #32

Registry
HEADS UP:
Glass Egg meets, re: Saturday nights supper @ The Fort.

It is becoming 'the' thing to due Saturday night(s) at the Fort for our meet to "order in" supper to our site(s)!

There is a local Italian restaurant that delivers food right to our site(s). Normal procedure is ....the Trailer Goddess and I will have at least one copy of this Pizza Place's menu. We will make it available to anyone interested in getting in on our plans.

Everyone interested writes down what they'd like to order with their name on the order and we call in the order. Within about 20 minutes the order is delivered piping hot or cold, depending on what you've ordered to our site (# 9 in this case)! All we ask is that you have money on hand (plus whatever 'gratuity' you may care to leave) as soon as the order arrives.

We do this in an effort both to cut down on clean up(s) that MAY help in packing up Sunday morning, AND so the chefs do NOT have to cook ANOTHER meal!!!

Also, food is readily available at the on site Campers Cookhouse. (where the breakies are to DIE for)
Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 AM   #33

Trailer: 13 ft Lil Bigfoot
Hi,
Can't speak for Canada, but here's what you'll need to re-enter the United States.

Passports are the best ID at the Border.
Second best is a Government Issued ID with a photo, like a Driver's License. AND your Birth Certificate.
For the Kids, a Birth Cert and School ID is fine.

Dogs should have a Vet card, but in 11 years I've never checked.

Registration and proof of insurance on all vehicles.

The Lynden/Aldergrove border crossing is the best one to cross at right now. It's open from 8am-Midnight.
If you take the Guide Merdian Exit off I-5, be aware that construction is going on while they widen the Guide.
A good detour is to go a bit farther north to the Birch Bay Lynden Road and then go east to Lynden and the Guide Meridian.

There is work going on at the Blaine Truck Crossing and work will start in Sept on the Peach Arch Crossing. Expect delays at both crossings.

Last cheap gas is at the Safeway and the AM/PM on the Guide Meridian. Both are about 3 miles south of the Lynden Crossing near the Birch Bay Lynden Road. Gas is around $4.00gal in Canada.

Coming back into the US.
No Beef, Lamb, Citris or Tropical Fruits.
Locally grown fruit in season is OK.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #34

Mike,

You sound like you know what you are talking about....do you by chance work at the border?

Sharon
Old 08-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #35

Registry
Mike DOES seem pretty 'hip' (and bang on) with what he's talkin about too!!! I haven't gassed up at Safeway in months. The gas up here I think is still MORE than the $4.00 per gallon Mike was referring too. If you top up in U.S. you should be GOOD TO GO with whats in your tank till you return home, unless you opt to sat a while, LOL!!!

Don't forget the Duty free shop where one can (adult of legal drinking age in B.C.) purchase any 1.14L of spirits (especially dark rum, of the Lambs species...) for which someone ( ) would ( ) pay you for on 'Tuesday', as Wimpie used to say!!
Old 08-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #36

Trailer: 13 ft Lil Bigfoot
Quote:
Mike,
You sound like you know what you are talking about....do you by chance work at the border? Sharon
Yes, I do.
Mike H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #37

Quote:
Yes, I do.
Thanks for the info Mike, you are handy to have around!!
Old 08-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #38

Registry
...spoke with Craig this afternoon!

ALL our sites are booked and we 'liberated' 3 more from the 5th wheeler group setting up beside us.

GLAD to see the 7 's to our ranks.

Don't be strangers, come forth an I.D. yourselves!!!!
Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #39

Registry
WOW!!!
What a difference a day (or two) makes!!

Craig (our Head Egg Beater, LOL) has already 'stolen' some sites (3) from the fifth wheel group that is slatted to be located east of us (these sites went almost immediately), but tonight we rec'd a call from a couple that has ALWAYS been at The Fort for our weekend meets but have elected to camp in their own favorite site (along the river). They are on the quiet/reserved side and its only been at the second last meet that the Trailer Goddess had been able to convince them to walk over and mingle with the rest of us Eggers.

The Fort has, this last year, undergone a major (Mager, tee hee!!) face lift and part of the remodel was to do away with this couple's riverside site. Sooo, they have asked us if its not to late for them to join us at this years meet!! They are 'reportedly' going to be in site 25 or 28.

They are both retired seniors with NO internet access IMAGINE THAT!!
They 'nest' in a 13ft Trillium and go by the names of Dick and Polly!!

SUPER couple too, BTW!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 09:13 PM   #40

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
tonight we rec'd a call from a couple that has ALWAYS been at The Fort for our weekend meets but have elected to camp in their own favorite site (along the river). They are on the quiet/reserved side and its only been at the second last meet that the Trailer Goddess had been able to convince them to walk over and mingle with the rest of us Eggers.

The Fort has, this last year, undergone a major (Mager, tee hee!!) face lift and part of the remodel was to do away with this couple's riverside site. Sooo, they have asked us if its not to late for them to join us at this years meet!! They are 'reportedly' going to be in site 25 or 28.
Doug I Suspect that they must have gone with #28 as I grabbed #25.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Carol
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote