AL March 16-20, 2011: Green Eggs n Ham Hatch In ... Camden, Alabama - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
March 16-20, 2011: Green Eggs n Ham Hatch In ... Camden, Alabama

It's official. The first and hopefully annual "Green eggs n Ham Hatch In" will be held March 16-20, 2011 at Millers Ferry Campground near Camden, Alabama. This is a COE campground near the Dannelly Reservoir dam. Come join us over St. Patricks day for some fun, food, and fellowship.

The link to the planning and who's coming is here..
http://www.casitaclu...stern-hatch-in/

Make your reservations here...
http://www.recreatio...ampgroundMap.do

Campground review is here...
http://www.rvparkrev...ama/Camden.html
Jerry Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:09 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul CT
Do you have to have a Casita to attend?
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenW View Post
Do you have to have a Casita to attend?
No!. We have Casita's, Scamps, and at least one class C MH owned by a couple who once had an EggCamper. Only requirement is the ability to enjoy fun and fellowship with other folks. Come and join us. Last I saw, there were 4 sites left in the CG.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:03 AM   #4

Now there are only 3. I'm in #37. My girls (a cocker and sheltie) will be in attendance with me. Now to turn in vacation...
Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
We have reserved #38. The Muller's are #39.
Duke & Beverlee
Beverlee Niskanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #6

Beverlee,

We'll be neighbors... My girls have been camping for over a year and are pretty well behaved. They have their own play yard, as Erynn hasn't met a harness or collar she can't escape (she's eaten 2 of them). They do bark upon strangers arriving at the campsite, but it is more so to ask folks to play than anything. I actually like my "organic doorbells", but if they disturb you at all, please let me know and I'll fix it -- being good neighbors is important. They sleep in the camper with me at night, so they don't bark at every chirp and we have had lots of discussion about using our camping voice and quiet hours at camp, so they shouldn't be a bother. I love dogs, but I've camped next to folks with pups that made me want to rethink camping with dogs.

I've only been to San Antonio once, but thought it was a great city. Are the Muller's from Texas as well?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Hi Karen,
Look forward to meeting you. The Mullers-Marv& Vicki live in Canyon Lake-about 1 1/2 hours north of us. Neither of us have pets, but no problem. San Antonio is a great place to live.
Beverlee Niskanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I just checked and it looks like the campground is filled.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:11 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Hello Ray,
If you will go to the Casita Club link posted above and follow it through, yo will see that we have made arangements for doubling up if required. There are like 20 first come first serve sites, so it is likely you would have a site. If not we'll double up on some if it's ok with you. Follow that thread, let us know if you're coming and what you might be participating in, and come on up. I think it's going to be a lot of fun.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #10

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Ray,
As long as they allow double ups, we would be willing to share site 32. We arrive Wed early evening and depart Sunday.

John and Marilyn
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:28 AM   #11

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
John & Marilyn,
Nice hearing from you again. Thanks for the kind offer, but it doesn't look like we can make it this year. We're going on a cruise starting on the 21st and that wouldn't give us enough time to return and get ready. Voe says she wants to go somewhere where she can "thaw out" - this has been a long, cold winter for us here in Pensacola.
Ray & Voe
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Unfortunately we are not going to make the Green Egg Hatch , Darlene is having test on her thyroid , hope we will catch you on the next one , I have reserved site 43
if you would like to have this sight (FOR what i payed $40. ) March 16 -20 Email me or call 479-414-7153 . THANKS H. AKA BAMA . the camp site is going to PATRICK CRAWFORD of S.C.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #13

Name: Amy
Trailer: currently shopping
Alabama
Red face Newby Wants Scamp

We are located in Huntsville / Decatur area and as 'middle age' newly weds have just started trying to figure out what brand camper we want. Kids are grown. We are leaning towards Scamp but I am 'visual' and need to see choices before deciding on the brand / model . (Call me a shopper) Are us non-egg owners welcome at green eggs to come and visit for a few hours? We would like to talk and SEE the campers & recommendations out there. Any advice appreciated. THANKS
Amy in North AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy in North AL View Post
We are located in Huntsville / Decatur area and as 'middle age' newly weds have just started trying to figure out what brand camper we want. Kids are grown. We are leaning towards Scamp but I am 'visual' and need to see choices before deciding on the brand / model . (Call me a shopper) Are us non-egg owners welcome at green eggs to come and visit for a few hours? We would like to talk and SEE the campers & recommendations out there. Any advice appreciated. THANKS
Hi Amy, Of course you are more than welcome to come and visit. Most owners love to talk about, and show their eggs. We will be in site 13, so look us up.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #15

Name: Amy
Trailer: currently shopping
Alabama
Thank you for the reply Jerry. I feel a road trip coming on. We will try to be there on Saturday and definitely look you up.
Amy in North AL is offline   Reply With Quote