WA Maryhill in May - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 01:38 PM   #21

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
If I don't haven an RC, can I bring my MC...

...for the TIME TRIALS?!!!!!
Sounds like my kind of MEET!!!!
By the way Roger, what's a 'RC'? (my 'MC' is clearly my MOTORCYCLE!)

See you there!
BE THERE or BE SQUARE!!!
BB
Old 05-15-2011, 03:14 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
RC = Radio Controlled (model cars)?
Old 05-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #23

SOS to all my Maryhill buddies!!!!!

I'm having a great time at the Boler meet (Glass Egg Nor' West) in Ft. Langley, UNTIL my cheap plastic cube heater burned out and died! Bummer.
Amen, that it's not freezing...but when it's damp outside, you somehow really feel the cold inside the 13' trailer...
Does anyone have an extra cheapo heater that I can either borrow for the upcoming Maryhill meet or BUY outright (if there are any funds still left in the coffers after Canada sucks me dry!)
Of course, if you know my style, you know I'll be hitting each thrift shop between here and there, to see if I can pick up a cheap replacement!
Wagons HO! See you a bit later down the road in Maryhill.
Barbara
Old 05-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #24

Trailer: Teardrop
Registry
Put me down for site 32. I have a '81 Burro for any list updates.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:40 PM   #25

Trailer: Home Built
Dave and Lori would like to attend, but all spots are reserved as of now...We will camp on the Oregon side, if none become available....so see you there!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
I'm having a great time at the Boler meet (Glass Egg Nor' West) in Ft. Langley, UNTIL my cheap plastic cube heater burned out and died! Bummer.
Amen, that it's not freezing...but when it's damp outside, you somehow really feel the cold inside the 13' trailer...
Does anyone have an extra cheapo heater that I can either borrow for the upcoming Maryhill meet or BUY outright (if there are any funds still left in the coffers after Canada sucks me dry!)
Of course, if you know my style, you know I'll be hitting each thrift shop between here and there, to see if I can pick up a cheap replacement!
Barbara
Hi Barbara,
We will throw in a heater that you can borrow at Maryhill in case the thrift stores don't work out. The weather looks particularly nice at least through Friday.
See you there!
Deb
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Needa Heata

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbuehler View Post
Barbara
I find that Ace Hardware has a good selection:

Ace

We have the $22.99 Pelonis (HF003) and find it worked good. It even has a thermostat. This is now our back-up heater.

We have graduated to a Honeywell we got at Lowe's similar to the Pelonis Oil filled digital radiator type (HO240D) which gives a nice, even, draft-free heat. We did not pay $75, more like $45.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #28

THE SUN is now shining and WARMTH has returned...

...to my neck of the Canadian woods!
Plus, I picked up a heater (a pristine new gigantuan thing) at the Langley, BC, Value Village.
Cheaper than Roger's offerings...Ya-Ba-Da-Ba!!

Thanks Deb for your SWEET offer, but won't need you to bring along your extra one any longer.
However, if anyone out there in Maryhill land would like to trade straight across for my new fancy big heater and give me a small used cube heater, it's a DEAL! I need one to fit under my bed and not this one, which will be in the middle of my hallway. DO 13 footers even have a HALLWAY!!!!?

Jim ('81 Burro),
It will be good to see my 'cushion man' once again!

Dave & Lori,
I'm excited to see your Trailswest...much like my Compact II. We just might end up being in the MAJORITY with our cuter-than-cutesters, since Chuck & Vicki will also be there with their Compact II. Not often you see three such pop-ups at such a SMALL mini-meet, huh?

BB
Old 05-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #29

Trailer: Home Built
Quote:
Originally Posted by D White View Post
Dave and Lori would like to attend, but all spots are reserved as of now...We will camp on the Oregon side, if none become available....so see you there!!!

Update....we will be in space 27 Friday night and space 28 Saturday...Looking forward to meeting everyone
Old 05-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #30

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by D White View Post
Update....we will be in space 27 Friday night and space 28 Saturday...Looking forward to meeting everyone
Way to adapt & overcome Dave
We'll be there early Friday afternoon....its Jennifer's first trip with her new trailer and she'll be following us down
Old 05-18-2011, 12:20 AM   #31

Registry
Cool We won't be taking the shortest way!

Reason:
Pass status as of May 12, 2011

Cayuse Pass remains closed.

The clearing crew hopes to have it open in time for Memorial Day weekend, but the date remains tentative due to late spring snowfall that is slowing clearing efforts.

Cayuse Pass has been closed since noon on Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2010.

WSDOT - Cayuse Pass 2010 - Photos

In 1995/96 didn't open until June 21!! OTOH in 1976/77 it didn't close at all.

Here is the latest count: 14 rigs!

Maryhill – May 20-22, 2011

People -------------- Site --------------------- Rig
1. Jennifer ----------- 1 ---
2. Chris & Jen -------- 3 ---
3. Cathy -------------- 9 ----------- 2010 15' Escape
4. Roger & Mary ------ 13 --------- 2009 13’ Trillium
5. Rick & Cindy ------ 16 ---
6. Dave & Lori ------ 27/28 ---- Trails West Campster
7. Jim B ------------- 32 ---------------- 1981 Burro
8. Mike & Sandy ------ 36 ------------- 17’ Casita LD
9. Dave & Kathie ----- 43 ------------- 17’ Casita FD
10. Barbara & Steve --- 44 ------- 1973 13’ Compact II
11. Debbie & Chuck ---- 48 ----------- 2010 19’ Escape
12. Chuck & Vicki ----- 49 ----------- 1974 Compact II
13. Paul & Norma ------ 50 --------- 2009 17’ Escape B
14. Cindy & Don -------- ? ---

We will be arriving Thursday and leaving Monday. Hand and Foot anyone?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #32

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Sorry to say Dave & I will not be able to make it this weekend. Too many things going on (especially at work for me but after June I'll be 'footloose and fancy free'). Will miss you all and miss sitting on the banks of the Columbia sipping Maryhill wine! Have a great weekend.

Dave & Kathie

Old 05-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #33

Registry
Smile THE MARYHILL REPORT: We had a wonderful time

Great Weather.
River Boats.
Wild Life.
Friendship.
Wild Life
Attached Thumbnails
GEDC0817.jpg   GEDC0819.jpg  

GEDC0824.jpg   GEDC0826.jpg  

GEDC0831.jpg  

Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Despite the fridge door falling off on the way there and home (lower hinge pin came unscrewed fixed now) and a bit of rain Saturday morning (shoulda stayed in bed til 10 )...
It was a GREAT weekend trip to Maryhill again this year
Norma's got the proof up on Shutterfly
http://maryhill2011.shutterfly.com/
Old 05-23-2011, 09:54 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Another really fun week-end spent at Maryhill State Park with great company, food, and good times! Thanks to Paul and Norma for planning this trip each year.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #36

YA-BA-DA-BA! Doo!

The location was fantastic...so glad I extended my Canadian trip, detoured a 'bit' and went down through Maryhill for this SWEET EGGIE meet.
The food was incredible...some people (like 'our' Debbie), brought their whole blessed freezer-full of food with them. Jim's Dutch Oven Enchiladas were to die for! Second runner up, on my plate, was Debbie's Mexican Caviar...also to die for! Actually, they were a tie!! I'm now thinking of sub-categories: Hot Mexican meal and Cold Mexican meal...both took a FIRST PLACE.
I was totally wowed by the RAW POWER of the Columbia RIVER and of it's brother, The WIND. Amen, that the RAIN was not one of the POWER CONTENDERS in our weekend...
What fun to see OLD friends and to meet some new interesting ones (Corvette Dave, Lori and their Trails West remodel Vision). By the end of the weekend, I OWED Dave approx. $81,000 for the 3 ideas he says he's going to develope for my Compaact II...
Norma...loved your pics! Especially great was the Roger-Wanna-Be Pic!
Hope to see most of you in three weeks at Taidnapam. Let's all bring our fishing gear...I think it's the same opening FREE weekend, again. I'd better check that out with the ranger, since we shifted our dates by a week or so, huh?
BB
Old 05-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #37

Posted on Casitaclub.com because these other two forums no longer accept *.mov files, primarily for the Lewis and Clark Trail group coming to Mary Hill this July:

For those who haven't been to Mary Hill, I am attaching a *.MOV file panorama of the Mary Hill main campground which I made after returning home from this weekend's Mary Hill Gathering. The full sized panorama (photos taken with my Canon HDV camcorder at full size HD) is in excess of 50 MB, so I had to not just "squeeze" it down, but CRUSH it down to meet this site's maximum file size of 600KB. Consequently, the image is very poor, but it will give you a sense of the spacious main loop of Mary Hill.

Also, they have a "group camping area" which you might be able to reserve, but it has no "services", so it may only be suitable for those who are used to boondocking.

Here is the Main Loop *.mov file. Hopefully some, if not all can open and play the file.....some had trouble with an earlier one from the Spring NOG gathering. When it opens up, it will probably be bigger than your monitor....just go to the top and click on the "view" button and select Half size, then shrink the small viewer further until the size of the image begins to shrink, then shrink it some more...the image will be very small, but it will be clearer.

http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/ind...ttach_id=19578 (590.77K)

Mary Hill Gathering Reduced Panorama 74.MOV (590.77K)

I don't know which "address" will work, so I am providing both.

To give you a sense of the "crushing" necessary, the original vertical size of the Panorama was nearly 1000 pixels, the the "74" number means I squeezed the vertical dimension down to 74 pixels.

The main loop is fully lawned, and lots of big shade trees.

One caution: When the wind comes up, it REALLY comes up. Either do not set up your awnings, or be available on short notice to take it down quickly!

Mike
Old 05-26-2011, 04:28 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Price View Post
For those who haven't been to Mary Hill, I am attaching a *.MOV file panorama of the Mary Hill main campground which I made after returning home from this weekend's Mary Hill Gathering. .

Mike
I just opened a DropBox.com account and put an 8 MB version of the Mary Hill Gathering Panorama in the "Public" folder. It is still a little fuzzy, as it wwas "reduced" to about 1/4 of full size. Note that the photo is still as large size as the original 50 MB file, but the FILE Size is about 1/4. Consequently, the detail has been reduce, but not the picture size. But, it is still a huge improvement over the first one I posted.

Here is the address to my "Public" folder:

http://dl.dropbox.co...%201%20half.MOV

Enjoy!

Mike

PS: I just notice the software caused a "glitch" right in the middle of the opening image.
It must have gotten confused with all the tiny trailers and all the trees. ;-)
Closed Thread