CA May 10-14, 2012: Dutch Oven Workshop @ 2012 Lake San Antonio FiberglassRV Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
May 10-14, 2012: Dutch Oven Workshop @ 2012 Lake San Antonio FiberglassRV Rally

9th Annual

May 10 - 14, 2012
Lake San Antonio FiberglassRV Rally
Dutch Oven Workshop

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2753 (Small).JPG
Views:	19
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	43309 Lori Sanders, the co-founder of the Lake San Antonio FiberglassRV Rally, has agreed to lead the Dutch Oven Workshop for us. Lori is an experienced Dutch-Oven cook and has been organizing the DO Workshops at Lake San Antonio and Lake Casitas for many years.

Name:	100_2756 (Small).JPG
Views:	17
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	43306 If you would like to participate, in the Dutch Oven Workshop, please post a message with your Dutch-Oven size and tentative meal. Don’t have a recipe? Please let me know and I can supply one for you.
Do you have a spare Dutch-Oven? Maybe someone else would like to participate, but hasn't joined the Dutch Oven family yet.

Name:	100_2758 (Small).JPG
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	43307 Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2763 (Small).JPG
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	43308

All Dutch Oven participants need to send me a copy of their recipe so Lori can set the time line for the workshop meal. It's always fantastic when all meals come together and we can all eat at the same time.

The pictures are from the 2010 Lake San Antonio Fiberglass Rally.

Anne3358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #2

Getting ready for the Dutch Oven Workshop

Dutch Oven Workshop

With less than 5 weeks to go, before we all gather together at Harris Creek, Lake San Antonio, it’s time to sign up for the Dutch Oven Workshop. This year it will be led by long time Dutch Oven Master, Lori Sanders. The Dutch Oven Workshop will be held Saturday, May 12th.

At this time, we need to know your Dutch Oven size and what meal choice you’re planning on cooking. If you need a recipe, please e-mail me and I will be glad to make some suggestions and follow-up with recipe choices.

Please e-mail your recipe, including cooking time, to me at Marianne.Dinsmore @ gmail.com. Lori needs to know everyone 'cooking time' so that she can schedule our dinner. It's always wonderful how Lori manages to have all meals come together at the same time. I will create a ‘9th Annual Dutch Oven Cookbook at Lake San Antonio 2012’ pdf. The pdf file will be available Online after the Rally.

Since each camper enjoys the Pot Luck Dinners, wouldn’t it be nice if each camper pitched in to help put the dinners together! It is understood that not everyone owns a Dutch Oven, or even likes to cook. So, if you are not a cook for the meals, perhaps you will “step up” and volunteer to prepare a salad, a side dish, or bring a dessert or simply put some cookies on a plate. If everyone chips in, it only takes a little bit of time for everyone involved. Remember, many hands make light the clean up and dishes. Then, we can ALL sit around the campfire and enjoy each other’s company, together.

We still have three camp sites available! Please tell your friends, family and neighbors . . . . join us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

Marianne
Old 04-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #3

What's Cooking: Dutch Oven Dinners

Dutch Oven Dinners:

Thursday:
Dutch-Oven Pizza
We have approximate 25 friends for dinner Thursday evening. I will bring the ingredients for the pizza, but I will need a couple volunteers to help prepare the pizza. I have a 12" and a 10" Dutch Oven (aka DO). Might need another Oven?
Needed: Volunteers to help prepare pizza, salad, side dish and dessert .

Friday:
Breakfast:
Coffee, Fruit, Muffins & Yogurt

Beef Stew
We have approximately 35 friends for dinner Friday. Bill and I volunteered for ‘Friday Soup Night’ and we will bring the Beef Stew for everyone.

Needed: Volunteers to prepare salads, side dishes and dessert.

Saturday:
Breakfast:
Coffee, Fruit, Cinnamon Rolls & Yogurt
Dutch-oven Workshop
We have approximately 39 friends for dinner Saturday. The rally will provide the charcoal and Bill will make sure that we have plenty of hot coals for the Dutch Ovens.
Needed: Depending on the number of Dutch Oven dinners being prepared, we will need volunteers for salad, side dishes, desserts and clean-up crew.

Sunday:
Breakfast:
Coffee, Fruit & Yogurt (maybe even sourdough pancakes!)
Dinner:
We have approximately 18 friends for dinner Sunday.
Looking for suggestions . . . . Maybe leftovers, or ??
If you have fruit from your trees, or other goodies, perhaps you can bring it for the Community Table for the weekend.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #4

Dutch Oven Workshop

What's cooking . . . . . so far!

Lori - Sourdough Bread
Lori - Surprise Dish
Jeannie - Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Marianne - Italian Bean Soup w/Sausage

. . . . . lets hear from others. Don't forget to sign up to prepare a salad, a side dish, or bringing a dessert.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 PM   #5

** Update - 4/17 **

Dutch Oven Workshop
What's cooking . . . . . so far!

Lori - Sourdough Bread
Lori - Surprise Dish
Jeannie - Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Marianne - Italian Bean Soup w/Sausage
Bill & Gisela - Broccoli Bake Casserole

. . . . . lets hear from others. Don't forget to sign up to prepare a salad, a side dish, or bringing a dessert.

Tags
rally