BC May 13-15 2011: Fort Langley B.C. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #1

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
May 13-15 2011: Fort Langley B.C.

The NorWest Glass Eggs meet is now open for reservations. The meet will take place at the Fort Camping on Brae Island in Fort Langley.

You may begin booking your registration on-line after January 3rd, 2011 at Fort Camping in Fort Langley, BC, Brae Island Regional Park We have all 46 sites reserved for us in the Salamander area. For non-fiberglass units, we have requested back-in spaces located on the Eagle loop adjacent to Salamander at regular rates, this will also be our overflow area should we exceed 46 units

Remember to refer to the Nor West Glass Eggs to assure you get the group discount. There has not been an increase in rates, full facilities will cost $78.62 for 2 nights with a max. of 2 adults per sight.

A pet charge, max. 2 of $2 each per day is extra.

Sites will be assigned as you arrive, If you want to be next to a friend, you arrive together, but the park staff will do all they can to accommodate you.

On Friday night after sundown please come to the fire pit for a group Meet & Greet. BYOB, if you can bring marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate, Smores will be made. Also, if you can bring wood for the fire, it will be appreciated.

On Saturday trailer tours will take place from 11 Am to 2 PM. If you have some gear to sell or swap bring it along and put it out at this time. At 5 PM there will be a meeting followed by a pot luck - if you are joining us for the pot luck please bring enough of what ever you bring to feed between 8-10 people.

On Sunday at about 8am, weather permitting there will be a Pancake Breakfast. Again, if any of you can contribute mix, syrup, bring griddles etc. it will reduce the cost of the supplies to nothing but a tip to the cooks!!!

More information on the rally can be found at the Norwest Glass Egg Website: The May 13-15, 2011 Nor west glass egg Meet | Glass Eggs Nor-West

Look forward to seeing everyone at the meet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Sadly we noted on the early t.v. news this A.M. that the local I.G.A. Supermarket has gone up in flames. I can't see it being rebuilt in time for our May Meet; so a little heads up for (otherwise)happy campers to be advised to shop elsewhere before coming to the Fort and to NOT depend on this great grocery store as a source of food supplys just yet.

I'm sure the loss of this market will be a hugh loss for the many of the new familys (not to mention the shop owners) that have moved into the area!! With all the heat and flames generated, I hope this blaze doesn't get to the local hardware store, with its supply of paint, solvents and other 'dangerous goods'.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Mager View Post
Sadly we noted on the early t.v. news this A.M. that the local I.G.A. Supermarket has gone up in flames. I can't see it being rebuilt in time for our May Meet; so a little heads up for (otherwise)happy campers to be advised to shop elsewhere before coming to the Fort and to NOT depend on this great grocery store as a source of food supplys just yet.

I'm sure the loss of this market will be a hugh loss for the many of the new familys (not to mention the shop owners) that have moved into the area!! With all the heat and flames generated, I hope this blaze doesn't get to the local hardware store, with its supply of paint, solvents and other 'dangerous goods'.
That is not what Fort Langley needed!
Hope everyone is okay and that they can rebuild quickly.
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Darn :-( I really liked the bakery and the delli for take out for Friday night dinner! Trying to think where the next closest store is to the Fort Camping ?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:22 PM   #5

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Lightbulb

Wallnut Grove has a nice supermarket or one could drive on into Langley city. Everything there from CostCo on down. Either drive is a fair distance just for 'milk n cookies' but then again, when you're outta SMOKES ....... !!!

'Locals' who watch the CTV/Global news may already know of this fire, and of these, some may not even realize where this fire was.

I've been spreading the (bad) news on to other 'outta towners' to otherwise come prepared....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote