ON May 25-27, 2012: EggFest 2012 Kingston - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #61

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Here we are. The picture taken at Earlton is looking from the Buffalo to the ice cream shop. We are the boler on the right, our friends from Ajax are on the left.
The other picture was taken on the way from North Bay to Earlton up through the Quebec side and we are the third trailer in from the right. the one with the bright Robins Egg blue tire cover and our tow is a green subaru forrester.
I thought it was too coincidental that we might have been parked right next to each other, so we'll certainly meet in Kingston.
They accepting bookings at Rideau Acres now.
Hope to see you there.
bizzian
Attached Thumbnails
2010 BOLERAMA 065.jpg   2010 BOLERAMA 022.jpg  

Old 03-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #62
Commercial Member

Name: Mark and Tara
Trailer: 2005 13' Scamp
New York
Being from Syracuse, NY.. Hmm.. never traveled with trailer to Canada before so I don't know how it works with this at the border. And the way the border works now. I hear its.. not the same as it used to be.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #63

Registry
We have friends who come up from Connecticut every year. I will ask them if there is anything you need to know special. We have friends from NS who come through the States to get here sometimes but being Canadian it may be different for them. I'll check it out for you.
We'd love to have you. We do have another couple fromNY who have expressed interest in coming but I have no idea if they have crossed before or not.
v
Old 03-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #64
Commercial Member

New York
AND besides that, we do not have a trailer yet! Still searching! They get sold too fast!! Oh well!
Old 03-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #65
Commercial Member

New York
Vivian, wow, that was fast you replied. Cool. I am sure my wife would love this alot especially with the sing a long. I am Deaf. She is Hearing. Um.. Book trade sounds interesting and never had done this before. Have no time to read them anymore. Give away would be ok. Things to sell.. say, what about people bringing their trailers and some may sell their trailers on site? We could buy right on spot. That would work but then again, this is in Canada and the customs.. what a field day that would be. I know so because my brother bought a marine engine for his home built wood boat and through Canada.. Oh.. a lot of questions they ask my brother and I. So..
Old 03-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #66

Registry
Yes, sometimes people bring their "eggs" with "for sale" signs on them, but getting the thing home, now that's another matter.
Did you post a "wanted" on this site.
Hope it works out for you and that we get to meet the end of May.
I have asked my friends from Connecticut if there are any things you should be aware of when travelling here with an egg and will let you know in case you have good luck and find one before then.
There are lots of sites so I am sure you would have no trouble getting in, if you come.
Bonne Chance.
v
b
Old 03-29-2012, 04:42 PM   #67

Registry
to CNYeggerstobe. Our friends from the US tell us you just need to get a passport for yourselves and NO MEAT, NO CAMPFIRE WOOD, NO GUN etc. I know from this end we also have to have our animals innoculated within 6 months and bring our vets certificates with us if going your way. It is probably the same if you are coming this way.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #68

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Unhappy

Hi Vivian
We posted in January about coming but it now looks like we will not be able to make it. We will have to try next year if there is going to be one and I hope there is. We wish all going good weather and a good time.

Sandy C.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #69

Registry
Oh Boo Hoo, Soooooo sad you can't make it. If the Good Lord is willing and our health holds out, we hope to make this an annual thing as long as we can handle it. My hope is it will be enough of a success to take on a life of it's own. There is nothing else here in the spring so we cross our fingers.
Hope to see you next year, and best wishes for this one.
Vivian & Paul
Old 04-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #70

Name: perry
Trailer: 1974 boler 13ft
Ontario
Registry
Smile I ' m registered for eggfest

I went directly to the park office and booked two days , Friday and Saturday and if i want i can stay another day , extra of course . Two days are 74.13 tax included .
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #71

Registry
Fabulous. Great you are in. I am going to see if we can get a discount on our rates once I get there, if we have 25 coming.
V
Old 04-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #72

Name: Linda
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Hi all
We booked this morning. Thanks for getting this together. With all this nice weather we have been itching to get camping. See you than.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #73

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
I'm trying to book but haven't heard back from them yet. I just used their online reservation service. Is there a better way?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #74

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
I'm trying to book but haven't heard back from them yet. I just used their online reservation service. Is there a better way?
I haven't heard of anybody having trouble getting a reply. You could call them. I'll send an email to see if there is a problem.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #75

Registry
Larry, I just sent them an email to check your reservation. I'll let you know what I get back. Perhaps their computers are down?? I do have a phone number if anybody is having trouble using their on-line service.
(613)546-2711. They don't appear to have an 800 number though.
v
Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #76

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Tenhage View Post
Larry: I just got a reply from Rideau Acres and they have sent you an email for clarification on the nights that you want to book. Hope that helps.
v
Old 04-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #77

Registry
Please! Anybody booking with Rideau Acres Campground, be sure to indicate you are there for eggfest. that way you'll be over in the proper area and if we get enough entries, we'll get a discount.
Vivian
Old 04-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #78

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Harpelle View Post
Hello Vivian Looks like we will be going to Kingston for sure. We are re-retiring and going to the east coast so will quit work a week early. Not much of a sacrifice. That is Wendy and I parked beside you in the photo. We were the ones with the cat. The cat is looking forward to our Boler adventure. NOT!! Lew and Wendy
Don't forget when you book at Rideau Acres Campground to mention EggFest so they put you in the proper area. It's a big campground.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #79

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailerlust View Post
Hi Vivian , i will definately go , it's no problem for me , i live in Kingston and my cousin lives only 1/2 KM away . Yipee !! this time i don't have to drive far .
Anybody booking into Rideau Acres for EggFest, please be sure to indicate "EggFest" on your reservation in case we get a discount rate.
Thanks
Vivian
Old 04-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #80

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick n View Post
Spoke with Neil this afternoon (nice fellow).

First Beachcomber trip of the season, I still have some work to do on the trailer but if I start end of April when I can get into our campground I should have most of what I need completed.

Cheers,

Rickn
Rick -
Anybody booking into Rideau Acres for EggFest, please be sure to indicate "EggFest" on your reservation in case we get a discount rate.
Thanks
Vivian
Closed Thread