ON May 25-27, 2012: EggFest 2012 Kingston - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 05:02 PM   #121

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
People can bring stuff to sell at their site as long as its legal. Used egg stuff, camping stuff, you name it. I too am bringing some of my paintings, so you go right ahead.
Vivian
Old 05-19-2012, 11:10 AM   #122

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with ivy the tug)
Thumbs up Shooks are going to Kingston

Hello all, this is a last minute choice, just made reservations and will arrive Thurs. Looking forward to seeing everyone, just got back from flyfishing in Pa. and still have the wander lust. Just got the egg out and have begun cleaning, flushing, and packing. Still need to finish cleaning the evaporator from the maple season and plant some garden but what doesn't get done can wait a week. Good rallys and good friends are hard to come by. Vivian good job of organizing.
Ed
Old 05-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #123

Registry
Welcome aboard. We probably can't compete with PA but I am sure we will have a blast.
Vivian
Old 05-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #124

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Good to hear from you Ed...make sure you bring a bunch of that great maple syrup...I'm ordering two jugs right now!
Be it known to all, Ed is "almost" Canadian...He'll have his application letter ready, I'm sure
Alistair & Inge in The Road Toad
Old 05-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #125

Registry
Bonjour tout EggFest Ralliers:
Nous sommes faire des plans serieux maintenant pour aller a EggFest. J'espere vous voir a Kingston et vous avez une bonne voyage ici.
Le Boogie Boler est presque rempli et nous sommes tres excites. Prier pour le beau temps et nous vous voir a la fin la semaine prochaine.
Good morning Eggfest Ralliers
We are making serious packing plans now and we hope to see y'all in Kingston. Have a safe trip. The Boogie Boler is almost packed and we are very excited. Pray for good weather and we'll see you next weekend.
Vivian and Paul
Old 05-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #126

Name: Greg
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Looking forward to next weekend

Hey folks,
Just confirmed our reservation at Rideau Acres. See you all on Friday evening!
Cheers,
Greg and Cathy

p.s. Are we supposed to register with you folks as attendees also?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:39 PM   #127

Registry
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by osgoode65 View Post
Hey folks,
Just confirmed our reservation at Rideau Acres. See you all on Friday evening!
Cheers,
Greg and Cathy

p.s. Are we supposed to register with you folks as attendees also?

Welcome aboard Greg & Cathy. As long as I know you are coming and this is fine, then I know how many stickers to have ready so thanks for letting me know. You will see our welcome banner so come on over and say hello, get your registration sheet and your sticker, your name in for the door prize draw and we will also be selling 50/50 tickets rather than charging an additional registration fee.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #128

Name: Mike
Trailer: Just bought a boler Trailer
Ontario
Any update on how many people are coming?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #129

Registry
Well I know about 30 trailers coming but I've asked Neil to give me a count before we leave here Thursday am.
See you there.
v
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #130

Name: perry
Trailer: 1974 boler 13ft
Ontario
Registry
I am sorry to have to report that i had to cancel my reservation at eggfest in Kingston . I have work going on in my back yard and can't get the trailer out . I wish everyone a great time ! Please don't forget to take plenty of pictures and share them with us . Perry Mac Donald .
Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 AM   #131

Registry
So sorry Perry that you can't come but there will be pictures and if I am well enough next year and the good Lord willing, we'll try and do it again. By then hopefully, you'll be able to get your trailer out.
Vivian
Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 AM   #132

Name: Mike
Trailer: Just bought a boler Trailer
Ontario
Looks like we are not able to make it either. Have fun everyone!
Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #133

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Elinor and I just got back from Kingston .It was a long,long journey to Belleville . Had to scrape one mosquito off the front on the Trillium and broke a nail.Kiddin . We really enjoyed meeting everyone ,had fun . We are looking forward to other meets . Thanks for breaking us in and hopefully see some of you at other meets too.
I guess some of us got bagged (bagpipes) out Sat . Ole well sometimes things happen . Lot better than having a lightning storm keeping us up all night or getting infested with tons of bugs .Im sure next year will be different and fun too.

Dave and Elinor

I made up picture
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium2.jpeg  
Old 05-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #134

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Thanks Vivian.

For all your hard work setting up and running the "EggFest" Brenda and I had a great time and if you so choose to do it again you can count us in.

BTW the musical talent was excellent guitar playing and singing by the fire.

As for the BagPipes really how can we complain when we got pumped in by the Toronto Police BagPipe Band.

Rick n Brenda.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #135

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Hi 5's Viv!

A Super Success, Viv!!!
Inge and I had a great time at Eggfest...met old friends...met new ones...kayaked on the Rideau...munched on Beavertails at the Scottish Festival ( I'd hoped for a wee bit o' haggis, but...?)
Weather was fantastic...the skirl of the pipes was invigorating..."Wha' saw th' Forty Second"...and a communal supper was a real success!
Thanks to Joe, Des, and yourself on the Taylor flat top, and to Lyle on banjo for joining me at the fireside sing a long.
We hope you decide to do Eggfest 2. If you do, we'll be there!
Cheers...and thanks
Alistair & Inge in the Road Toad
Old 05-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #136

Registry
Big thank you everybody for your support and encouragement. Paul and I are so glad you all had a fabulous time and we hope you were suitably impressed with the Scottish entertainment we were able to provide (just kidding - really!!!!). Once I catch my breath I'll post some pics and update on what's happening with the Boogie Boler Bunch. For his constant support and non-complaining help I am treating Paul to some free golf days and then we're off to Presqu'ile in a couple of weeks. After that we'll lay low for the summer before we head out again for Quebec bolerama and other points in the fall when it's (hopefully) cooler.
We pray everyone got home safe and sound and all is well with you and yours. Hope to see y'all somewhere down the road.
Vivian & Paul Parkin
EGGS RULE!
Old 05-27-2012, 07:02 PM   #137

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi everyone---to echo the above sentiments, dennis and i had a complete blast at eggfest and offer vivian and paul our compliments on such a tremendous turn-out.
the scottish background music was wonderful (i love bagpipes!) and to be awoken on saturday morning by a lone piper's lament was such a treat.
we eagerly await seeing the photos, especially of the communal feast.
we are both nursing sunburns obtained during the saturday morning "nosy neighbour tour". should have slathered on that ol' sunscreen but were so eager to snoop that we forgot!
it was great to get together with old friends, make new friends and share alot of laughs with all.
and vivian---i chose your CD from the gift table and we enjoyed listening to your beautiful music while we drove to our friends' home in cornwall.
and yes! eggs DO rule. (sorry, alistair, i know you think old guys do!)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:16 AM   #138

Registry
Thanks Theresa for the compliments! Glad you enjoyed. Now retired from that business, that's what I do it for. We got the Boogie Boler cleaned out and laundry done, plants watered, bird baths and feeders sorted out and now I am up at 5:30 trying to sort out my brain bits. Paul is having a very well deserved "sleep-in" with the "furbabies" who welcomed us home.
Jim Steffens took a lot of beautiful pics and he is going to send them to me so I will go through and pic out the best of the bunch to put up.
Even though it was hot we decided IF we do this again, it will be on the last weekend of May. That's our American Friends long weekend which helps them out.
We had 4 States and 4 provinces represented so we were truly an international event. Since the Scots decided to encircle us, I guess we certainly were international. My grandmother would have been in heaven. Me? Not so much but it was fund meeting all our old and now all our new friends. We also had at least 4 "newbie" rally folks. I hope you decide this is a fun thing to do with your "egg".
Vivian & Paul
Eggs Rule!
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 AM   #139

Registry
Oooops. I now give proper thanks. We had a beautiful weather weekend but a thunder storm and rain has just descended on us so I'll shut this thing down. Timing is everything!
v
Old 05-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #140

Registry
Pssssssssssssssst - Don't tell Paul but a little birdie says Vivian is already checking out about 6 places for 2013. If she is still able, it will be the same weekend - last one of May and it will be limited to 40 trailers. If she doesn't find anything we like or she is not able of course, then all bets are off. It may also be boon-dock or dry camping. Depends on the view!!!
Happy trails to all EGGS.
Bizzian
Closed Thread