ON May 25-27, 2012: EggFest 2012 Kingston - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #141

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 ft ('The Mothball')
We had a great time. Thanks for all the hard work setting up the rally, it was definitely a success. And I really appreciated Ed's syrup on my French toast this morning! Hope we can continue to have a rally in this area.
Bridget
Old 05-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #142

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
Hey Bridgett, enjoyed seeing the U-Haul out! I am glad you joined us and I am also glad to hear the syrup tasted good. If I do it again next year it will be somewhere between Kingston and Bewdley. Kingston was a bit far for us to keep an eye on things but I would also like to try other places. A year is a long time so we'll see what the Good Lord brings us.
Happy trails.
v
Old 05-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #143

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Here's the link to our park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Pssssssssssssssst - Don't tell Paul but a little birdie says Vivian is already checking out about 6 places for 2013. If she is still able, it will be the same weekend - last one of May and it will be limited to 40 trailers. If she doesn't find anything we like or she is not able of course, then all bets are off. It may also be boon-dock or dry camping. Depends on the view!!!
Happy trails to all EGGS.
Bizzian
Hi Viv, here's the link to our local campground run by Keith and Heather.
Give Keith a call and see what he'll do for you if you like.

cedar valley resort home

Rick.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #144

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Thanks again Vivian for a wonderful weekend , Cedar Valley is a nice park, Elinor and I have camped there before about 8 years ago .
Good choice Rick .
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #145

Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16 ft (Eggs-Car-Go with Mack the tug)
We made it

Hello everyone, Marje and I just rolled in, good trip home, not much traffic but we did have an hour wait getting back into the states. They had seven lanes for cars and two trucks but it was a mess. Thanks to Vivian and Paul we had a great time and like others we met some new and old friends. Fort Henry was great and the weather was also. Hope to see some of you at Longbeach in July. Keep it between the ditches. Marje said I should sign off with my new neck name "Lucky The Can Crusher"
ED
Old 05-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #146

Registry
Talking I have a full size trailer there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Storey View Post
Thanks again Vivian for a wonderful weekend , Cedar Valley is a nice park, Elinor and I have camped there before about 8 years ago .
Good choice Rick .
And the Husband and wife that run it are truely excellent people, would they be interested in hosting the EggFest? Vivian will have to ask if she feels it would be a good venue.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #147

Registry
So happy you all made it home safe & sound. That hour long wait Ed was just to keep you "Canadian" for a little longer. I am surprised that you are all not just a little bit "Scot"' by now too. And they didn't even have any haggis - rats. That would have made it worth while especially if followed by some Tipsy Laird for dessert.
Thanks for the info Rick. I have a couple of places to check out but will certainly give them a call/go over to see them.
I also wanted to thank everybody who donated to the PRIZE TABLE. Wonderful. The book fair must have gone alright. I came home with about the same number of books as I took and only one was originally mine so my winter reading collection is well in hand.
Finally got the laundry done and Paul got the grass cut but I still seem to be tired so will shut 'er down for today. Thanks again.
EGGS RULE!
Bizzian
Old 05-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #148

Registry
We had 7 different manufacturers at EggFest: Scamp, Casita, Trillium, Boler, Bigfoot, U-Haul, and Beachcomber. Did I miss anybody?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #149

Name: lyle
Trailer: Trillium
Michigan
Registry
Add my congrats

to a fine weekend. Thanks Vivian.
Did a little touristing on Sunday and then had a nice campfire chat with the handful who were still hanging around.
Monday was an 8 hour drive to Detroit. AC quit about Toronto and got to the border low on gas with the temp about 200 degrees. Highway driving is not the best part of the experience.
Looking forward to seeing y'all again at the next get-together. Thanks again.

Lyle
Old 05-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #150

Registry
Hi Liz & Joe; Thank you for your offer to help next year. I'll be sure to call on you if it goes ahead. We're looking at 5 places all closer than Kingston. Once I find what I am looking for I'll update you. If you send me an email, I can add it to my address list. Send it to layneparkin@gmail.com Thanks again.
Vivian
Old 05-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #151

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
What more can we add? It was an amazing turnout for a first-time rally, and never before have we seen entertainment like this (from dawn to dusk, to campfire, and back).

Thanks to all, Vivian and the whole synergetic crowd. Here are a few pictures.

Des & Diane
Attached Thumbnails
P1040121.jpg   P1040130.jpg  

P1040124.jpg   P1040126.jpg  

P1040136.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #152

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Oh my! What a wonderful egg-gathering! Vivian, thank you for all the work you did, organizing this Eggfest.

We had wonderful weather, the greatest campers and the friendliest people. We could not ask for more.

I took lots of pictures.....here's a couple.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0482.jpg   IMG_0479.jpg  

Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #153

Registry
Great Pics. Glad you got pics of the day-time entertainment Dez, and happy to see Bob included in yours Noreen.
It was our pleasure and thank you for attending. Best group of people ever.
Vivian & Paul
Old 05-30-2012, 09:46 AM   #154
jus

Name: Liz&Joe
Trailer: 84 Boler 1300
Ontario
Eggfest greatfest

We had a GREAT time !!
The social was so good it was hard to get anything done.
Going to the washroom took an hour to get there because
of all the chatting along the way. Liz was starving Saturday
morning because I took so long to get to the washroom and back
to finally set-up the grill for breakfast ! Now that's why we
love camping, expecially with a bunch of eggheads

Vivian, GREAT job organizing.....that was a nice touch when
you brought in the pipers to our camp on Saturday.....ha,ha..

Also Vivian, yes, as we said, Liz & I would love to help next year.
I can call the pipers to book them if you wish....?
My email is joe@joespringall.com
Anyone else we meet at the Kingston Eggfest, please email us also.

I also took lots of pics so once I get time I will post them.

I enjoyed helping out with some tunes around the camp fire.
Joining all the other players was fun.
I think there is a new band happening..."The EggHeads"

Joe&Liz
Old 05-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #155

Registry
Eggs-actly! Thanks for the offer. It looks like I may be taking you up on that. I am checking out 4 spots and if I find one I love then it's a go. Have collected my first door prize already. By the way A BIG THANK YOU to all the EggFesters who donated door prizes. We appreciate it. The logo is also in the works in my head. Thanks again everybody. I'll post the group shot once Jimmy sends it to me but in the meantime here's a couple more.
Vivian & Paul
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2029.jpg   IMG_2032.jpg  

IMG_2039.jpg  
Old 05-31-2012, 06:37 AM   #156

Registry
Just got the group shot and our entertainment groups sent in from our NS visitors. Thanks Jim.
Attached Images

Old 05-31-2012, 09:26 AM   #157
jus

Name: Liz&Joe
Trailer: 84 Boler 1300
Ontario
Eggfest 2012

A few images from a great time !
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0788.jpg   IMG_0777.jpg  

Old 06-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #158

Registry
Wow, I finally found volunteers as a back-up. That's a relief as I worried should my health not allow me to finish. Thanks Joe & Liz. Now I just have to find a place. I am up to 5 places to go see this summer and should have a decision before summer is over.
Here are some pics from around the great smoke-free fire - thanks to our first-class boy-scout fire marshall Paul.
Attached Images

Old 06-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #159

Registry
Rick, I have sent you a private message re Cedar Valley.

To all EggFesters, we have started the process of looking into 2013 by sending out proposal letters to several places near here. When I find out who is interested in hosting us, Paul and I will visit them and hopefully, pick a spot. I'll post the results later in the summer.
Vivian
Old 06-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #160

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Rick, I have sent you a private message re Cedar Valley.

To all EggFesters, we have started the process of looking into 2013 by sending out proposal letters to several places near here. When I find out who is interested in hosting us, Paul and I will visit them and hopefully, pick a spot. I'll post the results later in the summer.
Vivian
Hi Vivian, I spoke with Keith the owner of Cedar Valley Resort he seemed interested in hosting next years EggFest. He's building a new pavilion in that area so power might even be available.
If you and Paul decide you'd like to have a look at the park Brenda and I would be happy to give you a tour of our lovely campground
Closed Thread