ON May 25-27, 2012: EggFest 2012 Kingston - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #41

Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
Registry
Talking Stickers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
I'm not sure how many will be there as this is our very first event. Nobody has done one in this area and not in May so it will be interesting. I have about 25 who have emailed me or contacted my blog, but I haven't talked to Rideau Acres to see who else may actually have booked.
Hopefully we will get a nice turn-out, but I will wait until about a week before we head out to call for some numbers so I have an idea how much printing for stickers etc I will need to do beyond the original 25 I have designed and ready.
See you there.
Bizzian
Are these stickers for sticking to the outside of the trailer to say we have attended the event?

And do you have a picture of the sticker you can post here?

Thanks,
Rick.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #42

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
EggFest 2012 Kingston

I wasn't able to post a picture here but it is on my blog. Go to eggfestbybizzian.blogspot.com and you'll see it. I'll try to post it here as it is also our logo.

The stickers are instead of buttons. Because we have no budget I had to keep things as cost effective as possible. We are not charging people to register but we are having a 50/50 draw hopefully to make sure we don't wind up in the hole. People may wish to put the stickers on a button or just stick them up inside their trailers, which is what we have done with other events.

We will have a sheet (in plastic) to put up outside your trailer as well.

Give me a bit of time and I'll see if I can get the logo up.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #43

Registry
EggFest 2012 Kingston

OK here I go. I hope this works.
The first pic is the logo for EggFest and the stickers. The second one is the hall that is available if we need/want to use it.
B
Attached Thumbnails
EggFest 2012 1.jpg   IMG_1873.jpg  

Old 02-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #44

Registry
EggFest Kingston Update

EggFest Kingston Update
1-Don't forget to bring some wood for the bonfires as long as it's not from one of the restricted areas.
2-Also bring your guitars etc for the sing-a-longs friday and Saturday night.
3-Remember we are having a community supper Saturday night rather than a pot luck. You just bring your own meals and we all eat together.
4- There will be a Book Trade at our "welcome" site. Just bring a book, trade for a book. Please make sure they are in good shape and not missing pages.
5-There will also be a white board at our site if you are looking for somebody or you have something to sell, trade or give away. Saturday is always a good day to put your "stuff" out.
See y'all in May
Old 02-25-2012, 03:02 PM   #45

Name: geordy
Trailer: boler
Ontario
we will be there it will be are first time and are looking forward to it i also beleive there is another person in are area wanting to go as well
see you all there
Old 02-25-2012, 03:45 PM   #46

Registry
Welcome aboard. See you in May. Vivian & Paul
Old 02-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #47

Name: perry
Trailer: 1974 boler 13ft
Ontario
Registry
Hi Vivian , i will definately go , it's no problem for me , i live in Kingston and my cousin lives only 1/2 KM away . Yipee !! this time i don't have to drive far .
Old 02-28-2012, 08:18 AM   #48

Registry
Great. Finally somebody from Kingston. Now I know who to call on if we get lost. Just kidding, looking forward to meeting you.
We had our first brain buster this past weekend to see if there is anything we are forgetting. Other than re-packing our boler after our April trip to Algonquin, we are good to go.
V
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #49

Registry
I have posted a few pictures on my blog as well. You can check it out by pasting EggFestbyBizzian@blogspot.com
into your search engine. If you just click on this it will try to send an email although I don't know why.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM   #50

Name: Mike
Trailer: Just bought a boler Trailer
Ontario
We are thinking of going. We just bought a '76. Would love to meet like minded campers.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #51

Trailer: Trillium
Registry
Vivian, I have been watching this thread since you started it. Have it marked on my calendar and am making plans to go. Sounds like a great time.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:50 PM   #52

Name: Mike
Trailer: Just bought a boler Trailer
Ontario
How many people are signed up sp far? We cant wait!
Old 03-28-2012, 05:03 AM   #53

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
We will be going to the one in Kingston. Elinor and I live in Belleville Ont, 40 min away, looking forward to it . Looking forward to the one in New Brunswick in July too .
Old 03-28-2012, 05:53 AM   #54

Registry
Thumbs up

Welcome aboard Mike, Noreen and Dave. We are sooooo looking forward to meeting everybody.
I don't know how many are booked. I am going to wait until closer to the event and then call Neil so I have some idea how many registry sheets and stickers to make up. I have tried to keep count just by who's on this site, but then this morning I got an email from friends from Connecticut that we met a few years ago at the bolerama in Earlton and again in Quebec. Apparently their families from Quebec are coming as well so it's hard to keep track. From what I hear it's going very well though.
We are also hoping to go to the one in New Brunswick at the end of July. Dave, have you booked your campground for there yet? We haven't booked the campground but we have let the organizers know. We are also planning on going to Quebec bolerama in early September. They are also hoping to come to our EggFest. The New Brunswick organizers hope to come and we have a couple from NS who are hoping to come as well, so we may have 4 provinces and I know we have a couple of states coming too.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #55

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Hello We are heading to NS around the time of your meet. If we can juggle our schedule we would like to attend. We have stayed at this campsite before and it was a good experience. Did you attend the Earlton run in 2010? We attended so perhaps we have already met. We like the idea of the shared supper as we are vegitarians and usually have to get creative when we attend pot lucks. Hope we can work this out. Lew and Wendy
Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #56

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Hi This was posted to me below a while back about the New brunswick info .

Dave and Elinor

Originally Posted by theresa p
Hello Atlantic Vintage/Fibreglass Camper Owners!
As many of you know, we (Bill and Barb O’Hearn) volunteered to organize the 2012 meet, which will be held in the scenic village of St. Martins, New Brunswick. Here’s where things presently sit:
  • The meet will take place Friday, July 27th to Sunday, July 29th, 2012. We realize this is one week later than it has traditionally been held but there is not a campsite to be had in St. Martins our usual weekend as the village celebrates Old Home Week. We’re hoping that with this much advance notice, folks will have no problem making necessary vacation and travel arrangements.
  • We were able to book 23 sites at Century Farm Family Campground, in Section A, sites 19 through 43 (except for #33 and #34). See “Map of Park” at the campground’s website www.centuryfarmcampground.com. As these sites are large, measuring 80’ x 30’, the campground owners have suggested that we put two trailers on each site, which will effectively result in having 46 sites situated together. These are full-service sites so it will be first-come first-serve with regard to the single access to water and sewer hook-up. Electrical hook-up can be shared, however, with the second trailer booked on the site by utilizing an electrical adapter. Because we will be doubling up on the sites, the owners have given us a discount on the rate: the cost will be $25.00 per night plus HST. Additional sites are available throughout the campground at full price.
  • We have booked the multi-purpose hall for our Saturday night potluck supper. There are plenty of tables and chairs in this large, clean facility.
  • Reservations will be made directly with Century Farm Family Campground. The campground is now closed for the season; we will let you know when they will begin taking reservations in the Spring.
  • There’s plenty to see and do in St. Martins! The following links to Century Farm Family Campground’s website and the Village of St. Martins website will give you an idea of what’s available. We have lived in the village for several years and will be pleased to share our knowledge of the area with you!
www.centuryfarmcampground.com
www.stmartinscanada.com
6. We’ll be in touch again in the Spring to let you know more details about the meet. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. We’re working from Parris Jelley’s list of campers who attended this year’s meet; please spread the word and forward us the name(s) and email address of anyone else who you think may be interested in attending.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #57

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew Harpelle View Post
Hello We are heading to NS around the time of your meet. If we can juggle our schedule we would like to attend. We have stayed at this campsite before and it was a good experience. Did you attend the Earlton run in 2010? We attended so perhaps we have already met. We like the idea of the shared supper as we are vegitarians and usually have to get creative when we attend pot lucks. Hope we can work this out. Lew and Wendy
We would love to have you with us Lew & Wendy! Yes, we went to Earlton a couple of years ago. We were parked right in front of what used to be the ice cream shop! The Boogie Boler is white with a robins egg blue belly stripe. Where were you parked?
Attached Thumbnails
2010 07 BOLERAMA 010.jpg  
Old 03-29-2012, 06:24 AM   #58

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
We would love to have you with us Lew & Wendy! Yes, we went to Earlton a couple of years ago. We were parked right in front of what used to be the ice cream shop! The Boogie Boler is white with a robins egg blue belly stripe. Where were you parked?
Ooops, that's us, second in line the day we camped at North Bay on the way to earlton.
v
Old 03-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #59

Trailer: Boler
Registry
Hello Vivian Looks like we will be going to Kingston for sure. We are re-retiring and going to the east coast so will quit work a week early. Not much of a sacrifice. That is Wendy and I parked beside you in the photo. We were the ones with the cat. The cat is looking forward to our Boler adventure. NOT!! Lew and Wendy
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #60

Registry
Sorry, that's the wrong picture. You were beside somebody but not us. We were in the row at the very back. We have a little Shih Tzu and also a cat. They both love camping, the cat just hates the getting there.
Closed Thread