Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #101

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
We're also looking forward to this rally. Never been to one before, never owned a trailer, but hope to see a variety of models before we pull the trigger. We reserved a tent site. I didn't call and tell campground management that we're actually one of the eggheads. I hope we're not too far from all the action.
OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #102

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
Cobb cooker?! Ill have to google that...never heard of it.
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #103

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndivg11 View Post
Cobb cooker?! Ill have to google that...never heard of it.
Yes, several forum members have one, very unique and the results are tasty, like a crock pot on charcoal.
Cobb Premier Portable Grill Store - Cobb Portable Grill Home
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #104

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, several forum members have one, very unique and the results are tasty, like a crock pot on charcoal.
Cobb Premier Portable Grill Store - Cobb Portable Grill Home
Oh-oh - the husband is going to want one of those!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #105

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
We've bought a Cobb back in 2003 when they first came out and not as pretty as the new one, we haven't used it a whole lot but we'll bring it. Of course I can't leave our beloved Weber baby Q at home
Bill MacDermod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #106

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
ColoRockiesFan
Eager to see you with your new Lil Snoozy at this rally. I probably saw your trailer when my wife and I were picking ours up. Alan did mention that he was delivering one on the following Friday. Will trade you an Erie Rail Bender for a Fat Tire Ale.
I mentioned to my wife that you will be attending this rally with a Lil Snoozy. She commented that the Colorado Rockies are cool, but she likes the glaciers in the Montana Rockies.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #107

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Former Escape 19 owner
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
ColoRockiesFan
Eager to see you with your new Lil Snoozy at this rally. I probably saw your trailer when my wife and I were picking ours up. Alan did mention that he was delivering one on the following Friday. Will trade you an Erie Rail Bender for a Fat Tire Ale.
I mentioned to my wife that you will be attending this rally with a Lil Snoozy. She commented that the Colorado Rockies are cool, but she likes the glaciers in the Montana Rockies.
Hey Bill, you are partially responsible for my purchase. I've followed your search/questions with great interest and was persuaded that the Snoozy would fit my current needs just perfectly! Thanks for doing the leg work!

I'll take you up on the microbrew trade!

Love the MT glaciers too! I lived in Missoula, MT for several years.
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #108

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have formed a Google group for additional rally info in the hopes of obtaining input from attendees on activities and items for the pot luck. In addition if you wish to bring an item to sell or swap it can be posted. Please join the group because this is your rally to make it as enjoyable as you want it
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...scrambled-eggs
Old 04-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #109

Name: Linda
Trailer: compact jr
New York
I am going to look into going to this. I hope it will work out. Would also be my first rally as well! I work Saturday's so I would get there Sunday. Do most folks come early or leave late?
raddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 AM   #110

Pennsylvania
Registry
some arrive friday and stay thru monday, others leave on sunday, it all depends. but i'm sure there will be eggs there on sunday.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #111

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
Jim, Do you happen to have any count on how many trailers will be attending ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #112

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoRockiesFan View Post
Hey Bill, you are partially responsible for my purchase. I've followed your search/questions with great interest and was persuaded that the Snoozy would fit my current needs just perfectly! Thanks for doing the leg work!

I'll take you up on the microbrew trade!

Love the MT glaciers too! I lived in Missoula, MT for several years.
I feel like I just accepted a great responsibility for your satisfaction. We are truly enjoying our Lil Snoozy and feel confident you will be as happy with your snoozy as well. The more we use it, the more we appreciate it. It just seems so much roomier and better constructed than the other trailers we saw before making our decision.
It will be fun to chat at the gathering.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #113

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Jim, Do you happen to have any count on how many trailers will be attending ?
I just checked and we have 16 confirmed, there are still 4 spots left at the $35 price, after that it will be a little higher. So if you are thinking about it, go for it!!
Old 04-28-2012, 01:50 PM   #114

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Arrow free stuff @ Williamsport

I'll bring the Yuengling (nothing like a few little Yuengles)! Incidentally, I have no idea if we're having a swap meet, have ever had, or ever will, but I have a couple of trailer items which I will bring for the taking. Have group 24 battery box in good condition, a takeoff from our trailer as have replaced with larger box. You would need your own hold down strap as the box is not the hinge/latch type. Also have 14" roof vent w/ translucent white plastic top, another takeoff from trailer as replaced with fan. In good operating condition.

I also have Dometic model 2202 3-way fridge which cools off on AC (and then warms up again) and DOES NOT cool on propane. Fridge removed from 1998 YOM trailer and replaced with AC dorm fridge so unit is approx. 14 yrs. old. I don't wish to transport this critter to Williamsport for the delight of tirekickers but anyone seriously motivated to acquire one be assured that it is available at a parts only price. Fridge in good cosmetic condition and door gasket good. Refrigerant coils and controls in rear also look good and no sign of ammonia leaks. I don't have troubleshooting expertise nor a source of parts nearer than Elkhart or Chicago and do not know if this fridge can be revived. If you have more faith in your abilities and resources than I have in mine, it may be a find.

I apologize to management if this should be in classifieds. I thought I would cut to the chase and limit the offering to those who will be "close neighbors" for a couple of days. Hoping to avoid the "I might could meet you half way to the backside of nowhere routine" and still make someone intensely happy with the least amount of logistic fuss for both of us.

jack

Addendum: Make that BO on the fridge as if you're not willing to offer at all you won't be interested at any price. Please contact me by private message if you're interested AND will be at Williamsport egg candling end of June.
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #115

I already have a spot , just wondering how many would be attending. It sure would be nice to double that amount of trailers, it sure was fun last year.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #116

Pennsylvania
Registry
I must apologize to everyone here attending the rally as I have sold my camper. On the other hand, if everyone wanted to change the date, I will have a new Escape 19' that is hatching on July 9th.
Again I apologize any inconvenience this may place on anyone and hope the rally can and will continue with someone else taking the reins, Sue, are you up to it?
I will be seeing everyone again sometime and thanks for understanding.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #117

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
Cpaharley: did you reserve a site? Because I did not, and can take your spot for the cost. Pm me if this is the case.
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #118

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Jim, you've already done most of the work! If all I have to do is greet people and set up for the pot luck, I can handle that. It won't be the same without you, though. Can you come and stay in a Kabin?
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #119

Jim , Too bad you can't make it, but would like to still have the fest go on. Heck I'm suppose to get my new ParkLiner then. Tim
Old 05-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #120

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
Jim, you've already done most of the work! If all I have to do is greet people and set up for the pot luck, I can handle that. It won't be the same without you, though. Can you come and stay in a Kabin?
I'd like that Sue, but I need all the "bank time" at home since Noelia has agreed to help with my Mom for a week as I set out on the "Great Esccape" road trip to British Columbia and back.

I'm planning on a fall rally here
Burnt Cabins Grist Mill
so we will get that ice cream sooner or later.