Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #121

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Oh no, our intrepid leader! Congrats on the Escape, though! That is one nice piece of trailer.

I am unsure whether I'll have my renovations finished in time for the end of June but we're working on it!
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #122

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
I just have to test my inverter with solar recharge on the batt, recover one locker door, put up a pothangar rail, restrap all my tanks, scrub down with TSP and add a coat RMPro and I'll be ready. A choke date is helpful in that it represses the procrastination and compresses the time to completion. Like painting the Golden Gate; never done. There's no Escape, Jim. You'll have to show up some time.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #123

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Jim, Burnt Mills looks like a very nice place, have you been there before ?
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #124

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Yes, we went there last December, they are a Good Sam and Passport America and open year round. The homemade bread and sandwiches are unbelievable, up in the hills by Chambersburg. Real nice young couple owners and you can tour the mill, fascinating pieces of equipment.
Thinking of hosting a rally there this fall when the leaves start changing in October.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:23 PM   #125

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Jim, So happy on your new purchase....and really wanting to see it, especially after you do a few mods (which I know you will do). Me and Brenda can help with the rally as well. Sue just PM us and let us know how we can help.

Looking forward to the Fall rally and your new escape
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #126

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
I must be in a dream...i thought i was communicating w other FG owners about a Pocono rally @ Delaware Water Gap the same weekend?! Are these two diff rallys or this is one just in Williamsport? - plz feedback opuld be helpful- im taking time off a busy weekend away from my restaurant to make this. Thanks to all...
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #127

Pennsylvania
Registry
Cyndi,
The Pocono rally @ Delaware Water Gap KOA was last year, 2011, this year it moved further west to Nittany Mtn/S. Williamsport KOA for 2012. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:27 AM   #128

Trailer: Trillium 1972
Registry
Hmm- wierd that i seemed to have a conversation w someone just wks ago about DWG the same dates.- Im glad i didnt reserve a site!...i will, however, take time outta my schedule to head down to Williamsport, Pa, but only after my pm shift on that Sat. I should arrive by midnite and have all of Sunday to experience my very first rally. Sorry you will not be there- I am nervous, excited, and looking forward to the event!- thank you for the clarification.
Cyndivg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:32 AM   #129

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm sure there will be other meets and by then your nervousness will just be a memory, enjoy, this group is a nice bunch of people.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #130

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Thanks for your offer to help Don! I may very well take you up on it for help with the pot luck set up. Jim - a fall rally sounds like fun. We were going to do one in Va in the fall but that seems to have fallen apart. Keep us posted. Can't wait to see the Escape!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #131

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Sue, I can also help with the prepotluck chores. That way I'll get there. Last yr. I took a nap and darn near missed it.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #132

NY
Don and Jack - You're the best! Thanks!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:23 AM   #133

Hey Sue,

Pot luck no problem, I also have an idea for the camper showcase or whatever we called it. I sort of figured that if you want to show your camper we can designate a time after the potluck. I loved looking at everyone's setups last year but thought of a different speedier way to do it.

We are here to help.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #134

NY
Don - that's great! We did get a bit bogged down with chatting last year. Could you take charge of the camper showcase?
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #135

Pennsylvania
Registry
OK,
I just got off the phone, if anyone wants to switch there is one open spot left for the rally-my old one #178 is available.
Here is the list as of today

McDermod-#118
McDermott-#114
Scorse-#106
Britton-#113
Farrell-#111
Gherardi-#174
Gilmore-#116
Lauff-#110
Leatherwood-#120
McDonald-#171
Neve-#111B
open-#178(my old one)-still available
Sowers-#221
Wittrock-#109
Wood-#112
Any mistakes, let Sue know and if you want to switch and take my site#-contact KOA
1-800-562-4208
Hope to see everyone in the fall....
Old 06-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #136

Hello All Rally Attendees.

Hope you are getting ready. It will be a great weekend.

As part of the rally we always like to have a time for "Tour De Eggs" where you can see other campers and modifications.

This year we are trying a new format. After the Potluck we will have a time where If you so choose to show your egg half of you will be open for tours and then the other half.

This way we will not be waiting around for the entire group to wander to each one.

So to help this process and spark conversation here are some suggestions.

If you would like to, just to help with information please have this information displayed on the table of your camper.

Year, Make, and Model
Modifications
Any cool facts

That way if you happen to be busy or not there others can talk about them with you.

Thoughts? Let me know as we get this organized and Thanks Sue for organizing the Potluck.

Looking forward to it (and it will be our first trip out sadly enough but hey we are getting out.)

Don, Brenda, and Macey Dog
Old 06-08-2012, 05:56 AM   #137

Pennsylvania
Registry
Thank you Don and Sue for taking over this task and I hope everyone has a good time, the weather stays nice and the cg is pretty. Don, you & Brenda need to get that Casita out more, maybe we can meet up later this summer @ French Creek.
ps
do not forget, pictures and more pictures
Old 06-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #138

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Jim: My wife Judy and I met you and your wife at a rest stop in Virginia. Unfortunately, at the time we had just discovered we had left for a trip to Merlefest in NC a week early. OOPs. At the time you told us about a rally at the MT Nittany KOA the last week of June. I just called the KOA to get in touch with you. They have no clue about the rally. I called 570-568-5541. Please call me at 570-374-0478 We are very interested in attending the rally wherevere it is. Laird Allen Selinsgrove PA 2002 Scamp Fifth
laird allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #139

NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by laird allen View Post
Jim: My wife Judy and I met you and your wife at a rest stop in Virginia. Unfortunately, at the time we had just discovered we had left for a trip to Merlefest in NC a week early. OOPs. At the time you told us about a rally at the MT Nittany KOA the last week of June. I just called the KOA to get in touch with you. They have no clue about the rally. I called 570-568-5541. Please call me at 570-374-0478 We are very interested in attending the rally wherevere it is. Laird Allen Selinsgrove PA 2002 Scamp Fifth
Laird, I don't know if you ever talked to Jim, but the campground does know we are coming. As of yesterday there were 14 sites reserved. I believe Jim's is still open. I will be posting a schedule in the next day or two.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #140

NY
Hello fellow Eggers - in a little more than a week we will be enjoying one another's company! Though I'm not nearly as organized as our friend and original host Jim, here is the schedule for the weekend:

Friday - arrival and set up. If I don't get to you first - please come find me on site #111 once you are settled in to sign in.

Friday evening 7:30ish Music Jam - location - TBD. If you play guiter, fiddle, ukulele, dulcimer, banjo, etc. please join in for a very informal jam. All experience levels welcome. My husband plays, I listen, and there was some great music last year!

Saturday - explore the area. Some area attractions can be found here: Nittany Mountain Campground KOA | Central Pennsylvania Attractions | Explore the Susquehanna River Valley. Or you can relax and enjoy what the campground has to offer.

Saturday evening 6pm. - Pot Luck Dinner. Please bring a dish to share and your own plates and utensils. If you have a folding table that you can easily bring, we could use it for food set up.

Saturday evening 7pm - "Tour de Eggs" hosted by our own Don W! Time to show off our eggs and chat about what makes our campers great. Please be sure to have information about year, make and model, any modifications and other cool facts.

Sunday - fond farewells! All good things must come to an end, but we will hope to get together next year, if not sooner!

We have 14 eggs registered, and a few other non-camping egg wannabes who would like to come and look at our rigs. I invited them to join the pot luck and tour, but if that doesn't work for them time-wise, I figured most of us would be happy to give personal tours and try to convince them that OUR type of FGRV was the best choice.

See you all soon - safe travels!

Sue