Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #161

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Aww thanks guys! It was a great time with an awesome group of eggers! I had great help for the pot luck and we had more than enough food. We had two Park Liners (So sorry Tim and Rita had to leave), three Casitas, a Little Snoozy, a Burro, a 13' Scamp, two 5th wheel Scamps, an Aliner, and a few fiberglass wannabees who joined the fun and the tour. I sincerely thank all of you for your help as I am not so good at this organizing stuff. I have photos that I hope to get on line by tomorrow. Thanks again all, and Jim, I happily hand the director chair back to you!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #162

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Looks like everyone had a great time, I'm glad the weather cooperated. How did this CG compare to Delaware Water Gap (last years location) in relation to comfort and cleanliness?
Now we have to plan our fall get together, I have a quaint cg in mind located here Burnt Cabins Grist Mill
I'm thinking early October or November, they are open year round, they are reasonable, they make unbelievable sandwiches with their own bread from their own grist mill, they also offer Passport America and Good Sam discounts, water/electric/cable/internet/dump facilities. Fall colors should be bright this year
I'm planning on picking up the new Escape in 2 weeks in Raleigh, NC, can't wait to try it out.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #163

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Big KOA, Jim. 160 seasonal sites; 160 transient. Recently refurbed restroom/showers. Most of the facility bldgs. and rental cabins also looked recently constructed/well-maintained. KOA is never a "Red Mars" experience for the pack in/pack out crew (which none of us are) but this one wasn't a wall to wall Gong Show either (perhaps over the 4th it will develop that aspect).

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:50 AM   #164

Delaware
Burnt Cabins is another one on the "Harrisburg hub". Works for us as an easy weekender distance out and back from northern DE. Can't speak for those from NY, Conn.

jack
Old 07-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #165

Pennsylvania
Registry
Do you have any other suggested sites you have been to? I'm open for suggestions, the only reason I said Burnt Cabins was their delicious sandwiches, other than that it's very remote in the foothills but the Grist Mill does make a nice appearance. I wish there was something like Raystown Lake closer to NY state line, but I'm mostly familiar with the as you say "Harrisburg Hub" locations. Adirondacks are wonderful but I can only vouch for KOA Lake Placid.
I'm planning on taking several weekend trips at some new Passport America cg in Pennsylvania/New York in July and August, maybe one of them will turn out to be a nice place. As you say, KOA is more or less "boiler plate" camping.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #166

Delaware
It appears that the KsOA have a slight excess of sites which they're willing to discount in advance simply to fill the all the pews. I like the state parks but they're full on a cold April weekend. And any park, public or private, however unappetizing, is a good deal for daytrippers. Wife and I visited Maruska Farms near Danville PA., a husband and wife sheep-raising operation, on Saturday. They were attempting to do some trenching and perf pipe laying to get a spring-riddled hillside dried out. They'd had a hot Friday with a premium on getting full value out of a rented trencher so they were probably about ready for some "wool gathering."

jack
Old 07-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #167

NY
Jim - Nittany Mt. was clean and well kept. Personally, I liked Delaware Water Gap better. The location was better for us, and I think the overall set up was better. We found Nittany Mt. to be a bit too spread out. We weren't really all together, and some of the sites were very small. We were next to Chandler and his son, who were wonderful neighbors, but the two sites were in a space that is usually one site in most campgrounds. Also, Gary and Jean had a site with no shade.

Depending on the date, we'd love to join you in the fall. As for NY, as I've mentioned before, the Watkins Glen KOA is my all time favorite. We've also camped in the Adirondack Camping Village in Lake George which is very nice. The KOA in Old Forge is another good one.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #168

Name: Jason
Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper & Homemade Tear Drop
New York
Registry
How about Watkins Glen st. park camp grounds very nice st. park with lots of stuff to do around town and a beautiful gorge and lake. Mohawalk vilage camp sights have electric.
Campground Details - WATKINS GLEN STATE PARK, NY - New York State Parks
kirkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #169

Pennsylvania
Registry
Jason,
I'm not familiar with NY SP website, does that one have any sites with electric or water or are all dry? Also what are the fees. Is the $15 fee added to other fees? Is it more economical than Watkins Glen KOA I guess is what I'm trying to determine. Here in Pa SP some sites cost $33/nite for electric. For another $7 you can get full hook ups at a CG.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #170

Name: Tim
Trailer: Escape
Rhode Island
Thanks to everyone

Lynne and I want to thank everyone for your kindness and hospitality. As wannabees we went hoping to see your eggs up close and personal. We got exactly what we wanted.

Chandler's Parkliner was very nice and may be in our future. But then again, the LilSnoozy's high tech design is tempting; the extra room of those Scamp 5th wheels... ; the efficiency of the Casitas... ; and oh that beautiful Burro...

A great group of people we wouldn't mind being associated with. Thanks again.

Hopefully we'll have the welcome mat out on our own egg next year.

Tim
OneTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:30 PM   #171

Pennsylvania
Registry
Maybe even put together a rally somewhere in New England... good luck in your shopping decision.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #172

NY
Tim and Lynne, we enjoyed your company. Glad we could share our eggs with you!

Since I couldn't figure out how to post more than one photo at a time on here, this is the link to the photos on my flickr. You don't have to join to view the photos.
Flickr: spfar's Photostream
Old 07-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #173

New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Jason,
I'm not familiar with NY SP website, does that one have any sites with electric or water or are all dry? Also what are the fees. Is the $15 fee added to other fees? Is it more economical than Watkins Glen KOA I guess is what I'm trying to determine. Here in Pa SP some sites cost $33/nite for electric. For another $7 you can get full hook ups at a CG.
cpaharley2008..... Yes the sights in the Mohawk loop have electric, no full hookups. There is a section of that loop that is close to the bathrooms and is nice and flat. It should fit most if not all of us. It is a old park so it has nice big trees and is shaded. Weekend rate is $38 weekday is $34 that is including the reserve America charge. The KOA is $48 a night and not much shade and is usually packed tight. I know if we went to the St. park every one would be happy.
Jason
Old 07-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #174

Pennsylvania
Registry
Sue,
What do you think of this option? I'm very flexible, although it is getting harder to put my shoes on!!
Old 07-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #175

NY
Haha Jim- I'm with you on the shoes.

We haven't been to the SP in Watkins, but it sounds good. The area is nice with lots to do. Sounds like there are sites with electric but no water? We have a water tank so that would be OK for us. Not sure what others would think.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #176

Delaware
I've been in and out of Watkins Glen by bike (Bon Ton Roulez Finger Lakes Tour). I think it's a good location for a meet but I wouldn't go for essentially one day on site. As part of a week or two vacation, certainly would consider going. I'm thinking we'll show for the autumn leaves and sandwichs thing at Burnt Cabins PA.

jack
Old 07-04-2012, 07:45 AM   #177

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm starting a new thread under CG reports since this thread is now closed.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post319218
Old 07-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #178

New York
Registry
Here is a nice virtual tour of Watkins glen st. park.
Virtual Tour Created By Fisheye Virtual Tours, LLC
Old 07-04-2012, 08:07 AM   #179

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm inclined to having next years Spring Rally there- WG s/p- do you know their dates of operation, maybe something in April while it is still cool and less crowded. Nice video, thanks, I'm liking it.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:45 AM   #180

New York
Registry
The web sight says. Camping Season: mid May - early October. I think it is because of the water being off there water lines and not down deep enough to keep from freezing.