Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2011, 08:56 PM   #1

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012- June 29/30th @ Nittany Mt, Williamsport, Pa KOA- $35/nite

Jim - Is there a Pocono ralley in the planning stages for next year? We had a blast and would love to see everyone again next year!

Yes, here is the link http://www.nittanymountainkoa.com/
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm thinking about it, looking around in finding a nicer cg more central to everyone that attended. any suggestions would be welcome by you or any of the other's who attended the rally this year or those that did not attend but wished they had!!!
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:06 PM   #3

Name: Ann & Mike
Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Delux
New York
Hi Jim,
We attended the Pocono rally and enjoyed it very much. Have been looking at State Parks
in Penn, check out Promised Land St Pk, they have electric and allow pets on some loops.
You can reserve up to 11 months in advance, which is a long time but they do have some sort of cancellation policy. Hope another rally can be planned.
Ann
grammy46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Registry
Mid-Atlantic Egg Fest 2012

Several persons have contacted me who attended the Poconos rally this year in July, inquiring about next year. So I'm starting a new thread to get ideas for location and when, this is your rally and everyone should feel that they are participants. So feel free to post ideas here and we can start planning.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #5

New York
Red face mid atlantic EggFest 2010

Jim
Sounds like the right way to go, I'm still pretty new on this forum.

Ann
Old 09-01-2011, 08:28 PM   #6

Pennsylvania
Registry
OK, now we have our own thread started, so let the fun begin.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
I checked with Promised Land SP, real nice location and Pickeral Point is a peninsula which would seem to be really nice. I called and the park is renovating that area and it will not reopen until next spring. So that is one option here is a link http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...rfield_pdf.pdf
Old 09-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #8

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
I own a travel trailer so it doesn't matter where the next one is. Had a great time.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #9

New York
Restaurants in Amsterdam South End

Tim,

At the Eggfest we told you about sone great places to eat in Amsterdam. I think that they were pretty hard hit in the flooding of the Mohawk. If you were thinking of taking a fall ride this way let us know but check to see how they are recovering from the storm first.

Take Care,
Mike and Ann
Old 09-05-2011, 06:12 AM   #10

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We had a great time as well. Definitely must repeat it. We are checking out a beach campground in NJ this week. Although they do not have enough sites to accomodate our rally, they cater to more seasonal folks.

One thing I liked about the Pocono Koa was the large open area, it was great to have us all there with plenty of space. Does anyone know of another place with as much open space?

What about some spots in New York? We will have a new Tug by then and can make the trip....learned our current truck does not have a transmission cooler so upgrading in the spring.

Would anyone around the NJ/PA area want to meet up for a campout soon?

Don and Brenda
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 08:59 AM   #11

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
....learned our current truck does not have a transmission cooler so upgrading in the spring.
If it's not stock from the manufacturer, this is a fairly simple and inexpensive add-on! Transmission Coolers (when compared to buying a new tug)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #12

Pennsylvania
Registry
Me thinks it is an "excuse" to obtain a new tow vehicle rather than a necessity. Right Don?
Old 09-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #13

Thanks Donna, My tug is 10 yrs old, but only 58K on it...It was my father's and he didn't drive much. IT is a 2001 V6 Toyota Tacoma and I talked with Toyota and they said one can't be added, it was an add-on at the point of manufacture.

Jim, it is part of the excuse, the other is I am really interested in the safety features of the newer Tundra's, I would like the anti sway stuff and the increased Tongue load capacity given the heavy casita's.

But that is not till the spring so I will keep checking on things. Thanks again

Don and Brenda
Old 09-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #14

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19 (was 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I checked with Promised Land SP, real nice location and Pickeral Point is a peninsula which would seem to be really nice. I called and the park is renovating that area and it will not reopen until next spring. So that is one option here is a link http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepar...rfield_pdf.pdf
That one sounds like a good place. We enjoy the state parks wherever we go.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:37 AM   #15

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Jim,
Looks like Promised Land would be a good choice. We stayed there one night on one of our return trips from Florida. It's a nice park.
Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #16

New York
Hi cpaharley,
Hope all had a lovely Labor Day weekend.
Regarding campground selection for a rally, we need to think of certain requirements
such as showers, flush toilets, electric and pets. It's seems that at Promised Land CG only certain loops allow pets (beechwood and northwoods loops). I realize it's hard to find a perfect campground but we still keep trying don't we.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:25 AM   #17

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy46 View Post
Hi cpaharley,
Hope all had a lovely Labor Day weekend.
Regarding campground selection for a rally, we need to think of certain requirements
such as showers, flush toilets, electric and pets. It's seems that at Promised Land CG only certain loops allow pets (beechwood and northwoods loops). I realize it's hard to find a perfect campground but we still keep trying don't we.
I agree, that is why I called the cg because the Pickeral Point stated that pets were allowed in certain areas. That is when I found out that cg is closed for renovation to be reopened next summer with new facilities and supposedly the entire cg will allow pets. I will follow up on that info to confirm. Until then everyone keep making suggestions so that we can have a list to choose from.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #18

Name: Jerry
Trailer: '10 Casita LS 17'
New Jersey
We also had a great time and look forward to seeingnyou all next summer. Promised Land is a well maintained PA CG. One point would be once the date gets posted, do not wait to book your spot
Jerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 AM   #19

Pennsylvania
Registry
I contacted Promised Land SP and their cg is being renovated, not reopening until next May, 2012. They do not know which sites will have pets/electric/ to date. I then looked at World's End SP, but they seem small.
Here is my thought, I think we need a pool and something for the children. Also wi/fi and cable would be nice. That said, I'm throwing out another place. We went to a real nice one last weekend, Burnt Cabins Grist Mill but there is no pool, but there is a playground. Good home made sandwiches also. Rates are less than $30.
Another option with pool and nice shaded spots we have been to is Williamsport South / Nittany Mtn. KOA | Camping in Pennsylvania | KOA Campgrounds
a little more expensive- about $40 night- but KOA's always have clean restrooms, cable/wi/fi and normally a well stocked store. This place is Noelia's favorite when she was doing chemo, very relaxing (that is why we got into camping, during her therapy we needed some respite).
Anyway, let me your thoughts and possible alternatives. We could 2 rally's, an early one in the spring at the KOA and a late fall one at the other location when the leaves start turning.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #20

Jim, My vote would be we go to the Nittany Mtn KOA, for the rally, July seemed really nice and maybe we can offset it with Bolerama....get more attendees and types of trailers.

I would love a fall rally too, perhaps October at the Burnt Cabins Grist mill.

I do think I would need to break in the new tug in April by holding a "scouting mission" and previewing these again with you or any other interested people.

So just to Sum it up, KOA in July a week after Bolerama, and Grist Mill in October.

Thanks again for planning this