mid-missouri rally april 12-14 at Lake Ozark S.P. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-12-2007, 07:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe 16 ft
We'd like to have an informal rally at Lake of the Ozarks State Park April 12, 13, 14 if there is any interest. By informal I mean we wouldn't have any agenda, just calling people together and we can provide info on the area things to do. There is a lot to do in the lake area.

There is a 110 store outlet mall, old bridges, caves, big resorts, game arcade, consignment stores, etc. Also a chance to see mods others have made to their trailers, and just meet and have fun.

You can do reservations at mostateparks.com or call toll free 1-877-icampmo (1-877-422-6766). You can also get directions and see where the park is by looking at the map at mostateparks.com. We were thinking the sites down by the water, I believe they are the 150 - 160's. There is only electric at the sites but water to fill tanks at the park, the shower house is close by. Please post if you can make it so we can see how many are coming. Feel free to email us. Ron and Sandy
Ron B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:59 PM   #2

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
April 12 is on a Thursday. Would one really need reservations at this time? Not up to what the school calendar is so maybe kids are out for spring break?

Will things be green? Will there be leaves on the trees? Would like to think about joining you, but not ready to be certain.

Nancy in northern MN
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:53 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I am wondering where the park is, anywheres near Branson? I have been wanting to go back to Branson and wondering just how close and if I could do both at once.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 06:27 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hey, the Missouri State Parks have a picture of a T@B on the home page! Quick someone send them a pic of an egg to use!

Missouri State Parks

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	6796

Looks like a nice place to have a gathering!! Have fun
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 07:56 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
We stayed there for one night last summer. Lots of trees! We also saw this Scamp with a rear box.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1580.jpg   IMG_1582.jpg  

Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:03 AM   #6

Karalyn,

Lake of the Ozarks is between Jefferson City and Springfield, southeast of KC. Branson is (as the crow flies) around 120 miles south of the park.

If you can do a long day of driving you might be able to make it in one day. We are quite a bit north of you and we will require an overnight before reaching the park.

Nancy
Old 03-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #7

This is a huge park. If my cut and paste works this is campground area 4 that Ron talked about. I see there are sites one does not need reservations for. If we come we might just try to get one of those before others get there!

http://www.mostateparks.com/lakeozark/camp4.htm

I'm thinking it might be too early for leaves on the trees, but the pictures of woods without leaves are lovely too.

Nancy
Old 03-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #8

It should start to get green by then, with some leaves budding. I'm guessing Branson is about 3 hours from the park. Hopefully there will be more response, so far I only see 3 including us. I messed up my date and excluded Sunday. If this happens we would probably stay Saturday night and leave early Sunday.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #9

Ron,

Has this been posted on the Yahoo Scamp group? If not, I could post and place a link to this thread. Would be nice to know that people will gather regardless if there are 3 or 30.

If we come it will be without a reservation. Right now we are having another good snow out there, just when our dirt road was looking better. I don't want to commit to anything when I am 2 days drive away. We want to come south for spring anyway, so your group whatever size and however informal is fine with us. Spring hiking on something other than icy, muddy, dirt roads will be fun. I read there are hiking trails there. Will you cancel your plans if you don't get a better response?

Nancy
Old 03-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #10

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Ron; Would have liked to take in your gathering but we will be just a few miles south of you the 11 and 12 Springfield and Branson and Friday and Sat at our anual Bluegrass fest in Eminence just south east of you.
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 AM   #11

Ooops! Didn't mean to sound so pessimistic about it happening. Sorry. Yes, if one other trailer will be there we will be there.
Nancy- if you could post it on the Yahoo Scamp group that would be great, I have not. It is on Casita Club forum. I'll put it on Casita Forum (?). Yes there are hiking trails there. I don't think reservations will be needed. Ron
Old 04-06-2007, 11:55 AM   #12

It's coming up next week, anyone coming ???