Moose River 19-29 Sept 2008 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2008, 08:15 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Yes it is that time of year again for leaf peeping, kayaking, wandering up to the fire tower Moose River camp-out. Primitive camping a few short drivable miles from Indian Lake NY.
Moose River Plains Recreation Area is a few miles (about 3 or so) to the west of Indian lake NY. on
Rt. 28 /30 just past the Cedar river golf course the main road takes a sharp right turn this is where you turn left on to cedar river rd . follow this road past the wakely lodge golf courseuntill it turns in to a dirt road ,, dont give up now you are just over half way there. enjoy the scenic 6 miles of dirt road.

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"
src="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&amp;ll=</a></small>

no idea if that link is going to work but the dirt road does bring you out to the cedar river flow and the wakley dam . we try and so far we have gotten the sites on the other side of the dam. yes it is wide enough for a bigfoot to make it across. The area is first come first served most of the sites have a fire area and a picnic table and an outhouse close by.
I hope to see ya all at Moose River
and Ps I Wish Frank NY a speedy recovery from his heart surgery
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi Al. Try this for a map. You'll have to zoom in a couple of times to get the dirt road to show up:

Google Map of Indian Lake, NY area.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #3

thanks Mary but there is an old map right here in MFORG lol hope it posts
Attached Thumbnails
MRRA_MAP.jpg  
Old 09-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #4

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Hi Al,

That's the map folks need to get them there, but who spelled "WAKLEY" on it????? It's Wakely - close, but no cigar.

Lynn and I will be there with our traveling menagerie - Benji doggie, Ritchie and Rusty, the felines. All 3 are best buddies. We'll be coming in Tuesday, the 23rd and heading out Saturday, the 27th. Lynn is organist at St. Augustine's Church (55 years and counting!) so Sundays are still out.

This is our favorite place in the whole world and wouldn't miss it! BTW, to those who are new to this place, or have never done this - do stop and take a walk through the cemetery at the turn onto the Cedar River Flow Road. There are some incredible headstones - Adirondack-North Country lovers, for sure! Beautiful and heartwarming.

We'll really miss ADK Frank and his great cooking! Get well fast and bring that new Casita up next summer - things won't be the same without you!
Ann Wilke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 PM   #5

LOL only 6 years to catch it or did you already point out wakley. just seeing who is paying attention.
If all goes well i should be in Moose River on Friday the 19th. Milo the cat can't wait while starre is not enthused at all but the starre does not really care where he is so long as there is food and a comfy shoe to use as a pillow well time to hoist the sail and let ike push me north see, ya soon
Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #6

Great Time was had by all , near perfect weather! super fall foliage. now if i can find my camera cable to down load some pictures lol
Old 09-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Al, thanks for organizing the gathering. Let's take our motorcycles next year, eh?

I posted some pix over on the Yahoo! Scampers Trips group.
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/Sca...tos/browse/2243

Cheers
KB
KamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:45 AM   #8

Bikes ummm Only if you are going to wash mine Bob lol
oh the Name of the computer cartoon was reboot, but i was wrong about the dogs name it was not gigabyte.
See everyone next year
Attached Thumbnails
Fall_Foliage_MRRA_Sept_08.jpg  
Old 10-01-2008, 06:13 PM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
No problem. Just splash across the flow a couple times and no more dirt.

Nice pic BTW.

Cheers
KB
KamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote