Mountain Ranch Rally , So. Cal - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2007, 08:54 PM   #41

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes, that is the back way. DO NOT TAKE THE 138 FROM THE 15!!!!!!! Horrible peril will come to you

Stay on the 15 to the 215 split.
Take the 215 south to the 30 east
Refer to my original directions and maps. You'll be fine.

You will go onto highway 138 from the top of the 18, on the OTHER end.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:59 PM   #42

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
So do you have enough to make this happen or is there a chance it will be put on hold? It sure sounds like fun and we are planning on being there. We'll even bring our DOs since you said we could use charcoal.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 01:41 PM   #43

Registry
Hi Linda,

The size is not an issue, it's a go with only 2 trailers.. the more the merrier, but what we have now is OK too.

DOs won't work, (I don't think...) unless you set them on top of a grill. Nothing can be on the ground for fire OR charcoal. And we can't even have anything resembling a fire pit or free standing fire etc.

A regular BBQ is OK, as long as it's used like you would normally use one. (I am not a DO person, so.. I am a bit clueless accept for what little I have seen)

They are even talking of banning charcoal fires within the area soon, but that has not happened yet. As the summer goes on, it is very likely. So... don't set your heart on it or disappointment may follow.

You'll understand when you get here.. it's the worst season yet.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:50 PM   #44

Registry
Linda and Dales payment rec'd. List updated!
Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 AM   #45

Trailer: 79 13 ft Scamp and 74 Compact II
Hi, My husband and I would like to attend your rally. We live in Perris and have two fiberglass trailers. We would be interested in friday and saturday nite. Can I send you the money for the space?
Thanks
Cindy
Cindy Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:28 AM   #46

Registry
You sure can! Welcome!

I'll put ya on the list. Which one ya bringing?
Old 08-26-2007, 03:42 PM   #47

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Hi Gina,

Kayla and I would definitely like to come for Friday and Saturday night, returning home on Sunday. However, the earliest we can get there on Friday would probably be about 11pm. Would this late of an arrival be a problem and would it disturb others? If so, we will plan on getting there early Saturday morning instead. Let us know, and email me with the address to which to mail our registration "deposit"/donation if you need that ahead of time. We are really looking forward to attending our first get-together in our TT--are there some spaces that would accommodate a 19' okay? The nearby hiking, lakes and ghost towns are very appealing to us.

Thanks so much for making this possible!
Woohoo!

Val
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #48

Registry
Hi Val!

We would be pleased as punch to have you, and hope that this small get together will show you some of what our gatherings are all about. This one is a "No Plans, no frills, just relax and enjoy doing as you please" version.

Yes, we can find space for your 19. I will make a point to be up when you arrive to show you where we can put it. (Late arrival, no problem)

Here is the mailing addy again.

Gina M. Di Vincenzo
PO Box 1344
Crestline, Ca. 92325.

Looking forward to seeing you (Again LOL!)
Old 08-26-2007, 04:02 PM   #49

Registry
Bobbie, can I put you down?
Old 08-26-2007, 04:13 PM   #50

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Bobbie, can I put you down?
I'm still debating- and waiting for a license plate. If I coerce Mapquest into taking your route it says 4 hrs 38 minutes. (That's to Crestline) which probably means 5 hrs with the trailer and actually getting to the site. That's in the realm of possiblity but not so attractive. And returning Sunday would be worse because of traffic.

So I'm leaning towards no...

But on the other hand, I'd really like to go camp in my trailer again before our next scheduled trip, October 5-6.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #51

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Very cool, thanks Gina! Just wrote the check, so our registration will go out with tomorrow's mail.

Thanks for being willing to stay up to meet us and direct us to a space upon arrival Friday night. Do you know if there's cell phone coverage, so we can call you from the road when we get close?

We are very much looking forward to meeting your adorable TT again, finally meeting You (HA! ) and hanging out with some wonderful FG folks (we made some really nice FG pals at the Bandon Rally).

Did I understand correctly that there is a sanitary dump station so we can empty our tanks before leaving?

I just emailed the link for the Rally info to a local acquaintance who belongs to the Desert Eggs group but has been meaning to join the FGRV forum. We met her when we were trying to decide on a TT brand and she graciously let us visit her Casita. Not sure if she will be able to attend, but she's just as friendly, laid-back, considerate and fun as the other FG folks we've met so far, so would fit in well.

Now, to check for good driving directions from Phoenix, AZ...

See y'all soon!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #52

Registry
Hi Bobbie, having done the reverse drive, towing a trailer, I can tell you it is going to be a lot longer than 5 hours. Plan on 6. At least!

Val, yes, cell phones work great there. And please invite your friend!

There is a dump station.. yes. No hook ups in the camping area tho. Strictly boondocking, outside of available water to fill your tanks!
Old 08-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #53

Registry
I also just corrected the first post! It's 2 weekends after labor day.. sept 14-16. Sorry for the confusion.. I worded it wierd!
Old 08-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #54

Trailer: 79 13 ft Scamp and 74 Compact II
Hi, I am still not sure which trailer we will be bringing yet. We are tying to get some spiffing up done on both of them. I will send the money up to you tomorrow for two nights stay, friday and saturday. I look forward to meeting you.
Cindy
Cindy Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:51 PM   #55

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Hi Bobbie, having done the reverse drive, towing a trailer, I can tell you it is going to be a lot longer than 5 hours. Plan on 6. At least!
Did you go through Tehachapi? Or 5 all the way to 99?

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:09 PM   #56

Registry
Tehachapi. I always take the 99 from here.

Hate LA.. Hate the Grapevine.

Hey Cindy, we will be looking forward to whichever one you bring!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #57

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

Just checking to be sure you received our check for 3 nights.

We just returned from 5 nights at Lake Piru. It was almost empty when we arrived there Wednesday.. Maybe about 12 spaces taken - that included tents. Friday everyone in California must have been there - and there until Sunday. Each space had probably a minimum of 3 tents and sometimes groups were together of 15 or so tents. Wild.. but it was good.

We're looking forward to seeing you, and everyone that joins, at your rally.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #58

Registry
Hi Carol,

I want to go camping "when ever" I am Jealous! Oh, wait.. there is that job thing..

No, haven't seen it yet, but I am sure it somewhere between here and there.

We may be having some nifty weather! This time of year is when the thunderstorms hang about.. good, in that they are fun to watch, the weather is always warm and the rain that comes with them is often laughable..I like to stay outside during them and watch the sky turn angry... I hope it doesn't scare Jerry if it happens then!

Should be a great weekend, no matter what!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #59

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Hi Gina

Sorry the check hasn't gotten to you. I know I mailed it on the 19th... If you don't get it by Monday next week, let me know - I'll send another one..

Jerry is not a problem with loud noises. The campsites were very loud this past week - he loved it. If there is thunder - we'll baby him.. (You know I can do that). and He has his raincoat.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:42 PM   #60

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I love lightning storms. Especially when you are high up in the mountains. It is like having your own fireworks display.

I'm very confused about which route to not take and which is a good one. Anyone heading from up north that knows the way and say, wants to meet in Bakersfield or somewhere, in the morning and lead a couple of lost Oregonians to the mountain top? How long is it from Bakersfield?

I can't wait.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote