WI Muckwonago Wi eggfest/snowbirds - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #1

Name: Ramsey
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wisconsin
Muckwonago Wi eggfest/snowbirds

Just curious if anyone attending this rally has intentions of going south for any part of the winter. Haven’t done the snowbird routine yet and looking for any info/observations that might be shared at the rally.
Thanks, Ramsey
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 04:28 PM   #2

Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
Just curious if anyone attending this rally has intentions of going south for any part of the winter. Haven’t done the snowbird routine yet and looking for any info/observations that might be shared at the rally.
Thanks, Ramsey
to expand upon my original post....the reason i posted is that I would be the type of guy that does everything to prepare for a southern trip and then just does it. On the other hand my wife has her apprehensions like separation from grandchildren and claustrophobia (living in a relatively small space for extended periosds) among other things. I thought perhaps a March/April break wouldn't be too long and yet a break from the long winter and longer spring. (we live a block from Lake Michigan in Wisconsin (the saying in spring is...."cooler near the lake" Do you recognize my dilemma?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:58 AM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Trips south

We have spent 7-8 weeks in our 13' and had no problem. Homelet is just our bedroom, game room, dining room. Sometimes we eat/play cards outside if the site has a picnic bench and the weather cooperates. Most places have activities to keep us occupied outside Homelet.

BTW, it is Mukwonago. We used to live in Waukesha County.
You don't happen to live in Ozaukee Co do you? An ancestor of mine had a farm on Lake Michigan which was subdivided.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #4

Wisconsin
thanks for your response. We are 2 counties north of Ozaukee. Two weeks away from Wisconsin whether January, February or March and April would be a welcome relief...not sure if you are attending the Mukwonago rally but if you are i'm sure we will connect......
Ramsey