New England Get Togethers!?!?!? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2003, 07:49 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
New England Get Togethers!?!?!?

Well me, Julie and Michael were sitting at the dinner table last night hashing out where we were to go camping this year. Some places that came to mind were Lake George (we try to go here at least once a year), VT at Lake Champlain, Old Orchard Beach Maine, A stop off at MA, and a week at Cape Code and a weekend or so down the road from where we live.
If anyone is planning to have a rally this year we would really love to go and meet more of you! Last year we had the pleasure of meeting Steve and Peg Brown in N.H. We all even saw a moose on the side of the road!

I know we would love to meet more of you Casita folk, but we need advance notice so that we can figure how we can take the time off from work.

If anyone will be visiting the places we mentioned this year maybe we can go at the same time. Our trips usually center around holidays except the Cape Cod trip where we will be going in June for a week.

Anyway, I know we can't be the only ones who need a long heads up for scheduling purposes so let's hear some idea!

Talk to you later!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 09:39 PM   #2

New England Trip

I'll be heading to New England in August. My wife is the Director of Development for The Appalachian Trail Conference and will be in NH until August 2nd. I am taking the girls up to meet her and we'll take in the sights then head to Whitby, Ontario for a VW Bus camp out. We would love to meet up with anyone on our trip.

Old 02-16-2003, 04:36 PM   #3

please post your route!

Jamie, if you have any idea of your route, please let us know what highways, etc. you will be taking. We'd love to see your camper+love bug combination!

We live in western Mass, not too far from the NH/VT/MA border; Route 91 is nearby. There are many really nice campgrounds and other attractions in the area.

BTW the trail itself is about 45 minutes west of us.

Let us know.

Nathan and Daisy

Old 02-16-2003, 07:41 PM   #4

Hey Jamie, we are in eastern CT so it is roughly an hour from 91 but if you are going to Foxwoods or anything around my neck of the woods give us a shout. You can stay at my house and we'll let you use the hose and electric if you need. Also we will be heading up to NH also just don't know exactly when.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:47 PM   #5

I hope summer comes soon!

I would love to meet up with as many folks as I can. I hope summer comes soon, we have about 30 inches of snow and its still falling!

Old 02-17-2003, 07:40 PM   #6

how about Rockport ME for the lobster-fest..........and camp at Walmart ?? 2 years ago - there were TWO hi$ Prevosts partaking.

Old 02-19-2003, 07:19 AM   #7

New England Get-together

Good morning to all of you:
We are 'almost' new owners of a 2001 17' Casita SD. We left our deposit with the owner on Sunday and are bursting with anticipation. Among our discussions in the past two days, a trip to New England is definitely in the plans. We hope to be in Maine in August. Any suggestions? Anyone want to get-together around that time? We will go anywhere!!!:wave. The igloo in CT looks great! We actually entertained the thought yesterday - lots of snow here too.

Old 02-19-2003, 07:23 AM   #8

Lucie Bee
Welcome to this forum.:wave

Old 02-19-2003, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Orginally posted by Lucie Bee
We are 'almost' new owners of a 2001 17' Casita SD. We left our deposit with the owner on Sunday
what an exciting time for you and all that adventure ahead of you. take pictures when you can. I like seeing the insides with your own personal touched as well as where you've been.

Old 02-22-2003, 09:52 AM   #10

New England Get together

To Egg Owners in CT, Mass and all New England and those planning visits to the region this summer:
Two years ago Jim Digennaro and I ran a New England "Scamp Camp" at the Historic Valley Campground in North Adams, MA. As a first time event it went off fairly well even though we only had 5 Scamps attend (One came all the way from Niagara Falls) We had a hike to the West Portal of the Hoosic Tunnel (famous old railroad tunnel with a 5 mile bore thru the Hoosic Range and still in operation), a caravan to the top of Mt. Graylock to watch the hang gliders and para sailers (Graylock is the highest point in Mass and also has the Appliachian Trail cross its summit) In the evening we had a Chicken Barbeque and Campfire get together. We did not run it last year for several conflicting reasons but now with what I have read in previous messages there might be enough interest to run it again. Don't worry it would not be confined to only Scamps. If you are at all interested in such a get-together probably sometime in August drop me line and I will touch base with my compadre Jim D to see if we might do it again.
PS: Jim and I both pull Scamps with VW Transporters---Jim's with a Eurovan Weekender and mine with a Vanagon Westfalia, so if you tow your egg with a VW you'll be doubly welcome!
Nevin Lescher

Old 03-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #11

New England Get Togethers

;) Good morning:
We really love to be part of a get-together at the end of July/beginning of August. As new Casita owners, we are anxious to get on the road, to meet other owners and to learn more about camping with our trailer. :wiggly

Old 03-02-2003, 04:25 PM   #12

Scamp Camp?

We'd love to attend any "Scamp Camp" or similar get togethers in the area. The site of the last rally was in our 'neck of the woods' and we'd love to join you at another one.

We've got a Casita, have seen Scamps but have not really been inside one.

Just say when!

Nathan and Daisy

Old 03-02-2003, 04:27 PM   #13

rallies in New England.

We had a Casita gathering last year in Savoy, Mass that was very enjoyable.

Ann Wilke is also planning a mini rally in the Adirondaks on 5/30/03-6/1/03 at North Pole Resorts (http://www.northpoleresorts.com).

Ann can be reached by email at robbins@northnet.org; the casitaclub.com site has lots of information about the rally on it. We haven't seen it here yet though.

N and D

Old 03-02-2003, 05:05 PM   #14

New England

As soon as dates are picked please post them here. If a all possible I know we would like to go!

Old 03-02-2003, 09:19 PM   #15

New Englans area get togethers

Jamie: My wife Siusan hikes the Appalachian Trail solo and has completed Georgia to New Jersey so far. This summer I am taking her to Delaware Gap and she will hike New Jersey, New York and Conn. If there is any gatherings in that area around mid July let me know by e-mail as we would love to attend. She should be off the trail by then and waithing for me to pick her up. However if I am lucky enought to be retired by then I may stay along the traqil area in my Casita and meet up with her once a week. If that is the case I am going to have to get advice as to where to camp close to the trail. We have never been to that area so it's all new territory to us but have heard it is beautiful.