New York Lake Erie State Park Fiberglass Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette

New York Fiberglass Rally - All brands of fiberglass trailers welcome!
September 14 - 18, 2009 (5 nights) at Lake Erie State Park, just west of Dunkirk, NY.

The park is north of I-90 off Route 5 along Lake Erie. Activities include: winery tours, crafts, lighthouse tour, lake walk, pot luck dinners, dinner at Freeport Landing, and lots of other surprises! To register: Call 1-800-456-2267 or log onto www.reserveamerica.com. Sites: all are fairly close together - aim for sites 5 through 30.

Once you’ve registered, contact Dick Freed [at] 814-449-9596 or email richfreed[at]aol.com so we know who is coming and how many people to plan on. For further information, contact Dick.

Dick Freed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #2

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Google Maps link

Zoom in and it shows the park roads.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:13 PM   #3

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
This is a very nice camp grounds. We go there and are very pleased with the staff and the other campers. I just wish the rally was on the weekend, we have to work during the week
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
I just wish the rally was on the weekend, we have to work during the week
Old 07-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT / 2004 GMC Safari
I have to agree...my husband and I were planning on attending when the posting first appeared, but after further checking and finding it was during the work week, we found that we couldn't go. We're bummed, but we'll find another rally. Maybe on the weekend next year??
Carolyn Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #6

I'm wondering from those that can only make it on the weekend if anybody else might consider extending this rally over the weekend. The retiree's could get things going on Monday, then the second shift of workee's could wind things down over the weekend.

Problem is, we wouldn't get paid time and a half for doing it ;-)
Old 07-16-2009, 05:54 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
I'm wondering from those that can only make it on the weekend if anybody else might consider extending this rally over the weekend. The retiree's could get things going on Monday, then the second shift of workee's could wind things down over the weekend.

Problem is, we wouldn't get paid time and a half for doing it ;-)
YOUR GETTING PAID!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #8

Unhappy

Hi Rick, well we just got back from our fist camping trip in the compact jr and now we are ready for another. everything went great. I to would plan on attending if it wer on the weekend. maybe the weekend after, if anyone else is interestd let me k now and maybe we can all make it a 7 day event. this would be the first time I would be able to camp with other fiberglass people. But can't do it unless we do it on a weekend. lets all check our calanders and see what we can do.
Heath G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Hi Rick, well we just got back from our fist camping trip in the compact jr and now we are ready for another. everything went great. I to would plan on attending if it wer on the weekend. maybe the weekend after, if anyone else is interestd let me k now and maybe we can all make it a 7 day event. this would be the first time I would be able to camp with other fiberglass people. But can't do it unless we do it on a weekend. lets all check our calanders and see what we can do.
I will call Dick on Wed and see if he would not mine some late comers to his Rally and then check to see if there is any open sites. I will get back to you with all the info.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:25 AM   #10

Trailer: 1991 17 ft Horizon
I might just make this one myself, if I still have the Horizon that is. And usually we go to the Adirondacks late Sept. / 1st of Oct. But I will have to keep it in mind.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:04 PM   #11

Rick, We looked at the website for the campground and it looked as if there were plenty of openings. I have never organized a rally let alone attended one so any advise yuo have would be nice, you can post the info here, pm me or E-Mail me at heathguerin[at]gmail.com
Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Roy
Do you think the Canadian group would come down for this weekend?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Roy
Do you think the Canadian group would come down for this weekend?
Not sure Rick, Carol Ann mentioned to me after reading this thread that the Niagara meet held at about the same time was planned to coincide with a wine festival. Alf might be able to give a better answer.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #14

I have noticed that there is some interest i a weekend get together for this weekend and mw wife and I have booked site 24 for the 18th and 19th. let me know if anyone else is interested and maybe we can plan something. hope to see some more FGRV's there.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:51 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
I have noticed that there is some interest i a weekend get together for this weekend and mw wife and I have booked site 24 for the 18th and 19th. let me know if anyone else is interested and maybe we can plan something. hope to see some more FGRV's there.
Heath
My wife has us booked the 18th and 19th. If we get enough fiberglassers we could have a pot luck dinner and a wine tour etc. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:26 AM   #16

Alf S posted that the Niagara Wine Tour 2009 is not going to happen this year. That should free up a few of the Canadian contingency for this weekend.

Lets hope that everybody has their passports ready, if not there is ample time to get them. As for us, after finally making it through a very Calendar filled June and July the topic of what to do for the rest of the camping season just came up in our household. We will have to sit down with our calendars and look at our options while matching our availabililty to our obligations. Don't count us in or out just yet, hope to know in a week or two.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Alf S posted that the Niagara Wine Tour 2009 is not going to happen this year. That should free up a few of the Canadian contingency for this weekend.

Lets hope that everybody has their passports ready, if not there is ample time to get them. As for us, after finally making it through a very Calendar filled June and July the topic of what to do for the rest of the camping season just came up in our household. We will have to sit down with our calendars and look at our options while matching our availabililty to our obligations. Don't count us in or out just yet, hope to know in a week or two.
I hope to see you and any others for the weekend. We have so few Fiberglass rallies here in the Northeast it would be nice to have some more times we can get together.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:48 AM   #18

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Let's do roll call on this one.

Who's coming?
When are you coming?
What sites are you booked for?

I'm looking at the reservation map and trying to pick a site that puts us with the rest of you.

Carol Ann and Roy (in TO)
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:10 AM   #19

Hi Carol Ann, My wife Candy and I can't make it during the week but we have site #24 booked for sept. 18th and 19th, saturday and sunday.

also wondering what the polisy is up there for firewood if anyone knows. I know they don't allow me to bring it in form Ohio, but we do have some cut up pallets I can use . do they allow this?
Old 08-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #20

We've booked in 2 humans and a large dog. Arriving Thursday 17th, depart Sunday 20th. Site 6.

We'll catch the tail end of the regular weekday meet and carry on with the impromptu weekend meet.