NOG - N. Oregon Gathering - October 8-10, 2010 - Page 11 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #201

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The deluge is here! We have brave folks huddled under Notzo EZUPs and Pah Quas, umbrellas are dominant and most folks are just hiding in their rigs.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #202

Trailer: 2008 Escape
Hi Gina, Thanks for your vivid reports. John is mending well (getting lots of rest). I sure am missing the folks at NOG, even in the wet they are a fun and hardy bunch! Today I will spend most of the day in my neighbor's garage pinning together my next quilt. I started the applique in January. Now I get to free motion quilt it for several months. Big projects tend to keep me out of trouble! Reace indeed should be pleased. He certainly has positively impacted our lives. By the way, when I clicked on the trailer name in your message (which shows up green) I was taken to a car ad.What a world! Cheers, Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina D. View Post
Louise, I passed along your message and your space was used for extra parking at the beer exchange. It was needed, and thank you.

We are all having a great time here. So far, much wood has been burned, many domino have been turned and lotsa beverages have been enjoyed.

We had a big old weenie roast and someone actually brought home made marshmallows to roast.. along with the Peeps, of course.

Weather has been holding, except for some drizzle last nite. My "Trailer" looks suspiciously like a cabin tent, so I covered in with a tarp just in case the deluge predicted actually arrives.

BTW, Reace will like this.. the Rally brands seem to be split in #s between Scamps, Casitas and .. Escapes! Look out Texas.. I think Canada is on your tail!
Louise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #203

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
I just rolled home in time to set out all my camp chairs and dry 'em out in the sunshine. If you think there will be any rock hounding opportunities at the April meet, let me know and I'll bring my better half.

I want to thank everyone for being so friendly and welcoming to this "noob", who learned a lot (thanks, Bill!) and really enjoyed all the tours, conversation, pot-luck, jug beer and bad jokes!
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 07:07 PM   #204

Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact Jr
There are spots to collect marine fossils; if the river isn't too high, perhaps carnelian. Up near Goble there are zeolites, but that's for specimen collectors as they are microscopic for the most part.
Dave Bese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #205

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Registry
Ha, I'm pretty familiar with Goble, and some good spots for zeolites...actually, I have petrified wood on my land.
Michele B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #206

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
NOGs for 2010 have now concluded. In the future we'll call 2010 the year of the WET NOGs. Gosh, did it pour or what? The sun broke through about 3pm on Sunday and was dry through my leaving time on Monday. Sure felt sorry for all those that had to load up and leave Sunday morning.

But through it all, I had a GREAT TIME. Met some brand new NOG folks and made new friends. It was terrific seeing all the past participants too. I hope to see all of you at future gatherings.

A big thank you to those that brought tables and offered the canopies/EZ-ups for the Sat/Sun pot lucks. Too wet for "on the grass" eating however. Was very, very glad the campground pavilion was available for us to use. And hugs to those that setup and cleaned up. The NOG group is always known for leaving an area better than we found it and that was obvious for the pot lucks as well.

Somehow the simple raffle has morphed into a full-blown giveaway! All those that donated something for the raffle... you folks put it over the top. Once again, I didn't win anything, but I sure saw some excited folks who did. I'm sorry I forgot to mention one thing on Saturday night. Flowers! Those beautiful Dahlias that Norm and Laurie brought... weren't they gorgous!! I put the bouquet I received on the picnic table at my site and was able to enjoy their beauty the entire weekend.

Thanks for the memories everyone!

PS: Look for the Fall NOG 2011 info to be posted the end of January. There's something that Kathie (Dave&Kathie) and I want to check out first. Besides we can't make reservations until February. No need for any discussion about it in this topic, just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

PSS: I have a rock pick that someone brought me for folks to use when rock hounding. Who's is it? If you want me to send it to you, send me a PM. Otherwise, it will stay in my trailer and I can get it to you at a NOG or Oregon Gathering....

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 AM   #207
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Thumbs up Another great NOG

To Donna and all the others that helped to make this gathering so much fun. I have to say that I'm amazed at each gathering at the quality and beauty of the potluck foods! Simply amazing! It should be on The Food Network. Ok, by now you have guessed that I'm a foodie....
We had a great time despite the rain and wet clothes- great company and conversation as always!
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #208

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
great NOG

Even with the rain, this was a wonderful NOG. We had sunny opportunities for some spectacular hikes, great potlucks, smoozing time with friends, hot Mexican train, lots of Dahlias and beauty, upbeat comraderie and even quiet time. Thanks to all. It was great to see you all again. Looking forward to the next time and hope to see those of you who weren't able to make it this time.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #209

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
PSS: I have a rock pick that someone brought me for folks to use when rock hounding. Who's is it? If you want me to send it to you, send me a PM. Otherwise, it will stay in my trailer and I can get it to you at a NOG or Oregon Gathering....

[/QUOTE]

T'was me (I?). We plan to be at all future NOG's so we can retrieve it next year. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate so the folks could go rock-hounding ;-(

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:13 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Price View Post

T'was me (I?). We plan to be at all future NOG's so we can retrieve it next year. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate so the folks could go rock-hounding ;-(

Mike
Mike, you must remember better than I, my brain was water-logged. As I said, it's safe in the trailer. You'll just need to remind me so you can retrieve it. Thanks for the offer tho, sure wish we could have all gotten to the river to dig and gotten wet in the river water.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #211

Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester
Registry
I have posted a few pictures of the Pot Luck evening at the NOG here:

October 2010 NOG Waterloo OR - a set on Flickr

Brian
Old 10-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #212

THANKS Brian! When the cold, rainy winter sets in, we can all relive the memories.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #213

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

put it with the pizza pan....
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw View Post
put it with the pizza pan....
You better watch out Paul, you're liable to get a very special raffle prize at the Spring NOG.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:03 PM   #215

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
THANKS Brian! When the cold, rainy winter sets in, we can all relive the memories.
Donna:

When we were at Waterloo we made a side trip to Albany and discovered the wonderful Monteith Riverpark and Arboretum and the Albany Carousel and I took a few pictures around Waterloo County Park.

Around Waterloo OR - a set on Flickr

There is a lot of colour here!

Brian
Old 10-12-2010, 07:45 PM   #216

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
(PS Sharen, there are great junk and antiques stores in Lebanon)
Well, yes, thank goodness for those JUNQUE & ANTIQUE & THRIFT SHOPS in Lebanon. When the rains came, that's where your pal Sharen hung out to stay dry. Lordy, the junque you can find!

Thanks to all who attended the Waterloo NOG. We arrived on Wednesday, and enjoyed three DEE-BLEEPIN-LIGHTFUL days of warm, lovely sunshine. Then, as I say, the skies opened up and DUMPED on us! Soaked to the bones!

Here is a 2 minute YouTube video I shot:

Despite the deluge, we had a fun, fun, fun time. LOVED the Saturday night potluck and Sunday morning breakie under the big ol' protective pavillion. Smart move.

See y'all in the Spring at Stubbie Stu's. Let's hope for brighter weather.

Cheers all,
Sharen & Simon
PS Special thanks to SharOn for the Barbara Kingsolver novel!
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #217

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Snell View Post
I have posted a few pictures of the Pot Luck evening at the NOG here:

October 2010 NOG Waterloo OR - a set on Flickr

Brian

THANKS BRIAN.
You reliably capture the spirit of place.
Love your images.
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #218

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Thanks Sharen and Brian. You both helped capture the mood and fun. It was a lot of fun. Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #219

Registry
In our search for fall colour, my wife and I tacked on trips to Stub Stewart, Nehalem Bay, and Champoeg to our trip to Waterloo. You can see what we found here:
Around Stub Stewart State Park, OR - a set on Flickr
Around Nehalem Bay State Park, OR - a set on Flickr
Around Champoeg State Park - a set on Flickr
Brian
Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 AM   #220

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Snell View Post
Donna:

When we were at Waterloo we made a side trip to Albany and discovered the wonderful Monteith Riverpark and Arboretum and the Albany Carousel and I took a few pictures around Waterloo County Park.

Around Waterloo OR - a set on Flickr

There is a lot of colour here!

Brian
You missed the Riverfront Carousel in Salem. It was carved by group of volunteers and a couple of those volunteers are carving on Albany Carousel. The Salem was finished about 4 years ago, I think. Next time you're in the area go take a ride.