NorCal Gathering - Burney Falls - September 17-19, 2010 - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #41

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Ok folks, no one has mentioned which campground at Burney Falls. There is the Rim Camp and the Pioneer Camp.

I am leaving home about 2 weeks prior to the gathering and imagine I'll be the first to get there.

So you'll find Lily and I the "Rim Camp", it's the closest to the falls.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #42

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Picky, picky, picky.... Rim it is.

Quote:
Ok folks, no one has mentioned which campground at Burney Falls. There is the Rim Camp and the Pioneer Camp.

I am leaving home about 2 weeks prior to the gathering and imagine I'll be the first to get there.

Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:57 PM   #43

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Scamp Deluxe 5th Wheel ('The Peanut')
Quote:
I was also thinking about the Rim Camp. There are about 44 sites available in that loop. (Four are labeled Handicapped; other sites in that loop are labeled "tent only", I don't know whether that means "short" parking pad.). -Only 27 available sites in the Pioneer loop. Those who arrive early can head for Rim Camp Loop until we fill it up.

A map of the campground can be found on the McArthur-Burney Falls website.
Go to: http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/455/files/Mc...und03112010.pdf

I just discovered the WiFi access has an exorbitant cost: Park visitors who are not currently SBC Wi-Fi customers can purchase a 24-hour SBC Wi-Fi session for $7.95 or a monthly SBC membership for $19.95 and receive
unlimited access to SBC hot spots nationwide.
For that info go to: http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/712/files/011905.pdf
Old 04-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #44

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I think that four letter word just got in the way of our coming to this campout. Work does have a way of doing that.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #45

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Oh-oh ... we just learned there is a wedding in the works so we'll be driving in a different direction that weekend! We know everyone will enjoy this get-together. If things change (again) we may show up! L 'n D
Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 AM   #46

L & D, pretty sure there will be room.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Old 05-14-2010, 04:04 AM   #47

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Deluxe ('The White House')
Hi all -

Sorry have been away. This retired life is way too busy - but in a good way.
Michele and I are visiting our daughter and her family overseas and will not return until June 10th

It LOOKS like there will be a great turn out. It will be nice to see old friends and meet new ones.
There will be a golf-ball horseshoe tournement. Other than that, we are still working on plans. A potluck for SURE.
Anyone interested in a short non-denominational Sunday morning service? Any other ideas are ALWAYS welcome.

To those going to Bandon, see you there!!

Alan & MIchele
Weinel, Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:40 AM   #48

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Kristen Beck Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen Beck
I think you can count Neal and I in and We are hoping to bring along some friends who just got their first fiberglass egg this spring! We cannot wait to meet everyone and check out all the great little RV's. See you in September!

kristen
Medford
Kristen Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:36 AM   #49

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Garth and Kathy Chamblin
1998 SD
17'

We would love to come to Burney. Please add our names to the list. Let us know what we can do or bring. We will see you at rim loop.

FYI, we were scheduled to go to Burney Falls yesterday for three days, but had to cancel due to over 100 degree heat!
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:47 AM   #50

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
Garth & Kathy Chamblin, 10'Casita SD 1998, Auburn, CA
kathy chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:48 PM   #51

Hi Neil and Kristen; Garth and Kathy;

We will look forward to seeing you in September at Burney Falls.
Your names have been added to the roster under Alan Weinel’s post #40.

Michele Weinel has volunteered to be activities director. I don’t know what she has planned but I’m sure she will accept all available help.

See any of you in Bandon in a couple of weeks??

-- Earl
Old 07-20-2010, 01:09 PM   #52

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe 1998
There sure was a lot of good discussion about the Burney Falls rally while we were at the Oregon Gathering this last weekend. Seems like it may be a pretty good-sized gathering of trailers/people.

We're really looking forward to this first Northern California Gathering event!

Ellen & Bret
NorCal Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #53

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp (our 'Lil Critter')
Alan or Earl,

A wedding has been declared in our family. The darn kids will not change the date of the wedding to prevent a conflict in Bev's and my schedule so........we have to cancel our Burney Falls plans.

Have fun at the "Gathering"
Bob D.
13' Scamp "Lil Critter"
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #54

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Quote:
I'm interested in joining everyone for the Burney Falls trip in September, but wondering if anyone else has kids that will be coming along. I'd love to meet up with all of you, but fear my kids might be pretty irritated if there are no other kids participating. If you know of any kids attending, please share on this thread!!

Thanks!
Yes, Kathy and I would like to go and will be bringing a gregarious 7-year old girl

Regards,

Matt
Old 07-28-2010, 12:37 AM   #55

Hi Gang!
We are barely 7 weeks away from our Northern California Gathering at McArthur-Burney Falls, September 17-19. Although reservations are not needed or required it would be helpful to us to know ABOUT how many people we might expect. My up-to-date attendee list is now on page 1, No. 1. If your situation has changed please advise us. Any newcomers are always welcome at the last minute also. - - Earl
Earl Arrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:27 PM   #56

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Earl- You can add 4 more to your list. Berry & Ellen Buzzard are planning on being at the gathering in a 1982 13ft Burro. Bob & Judy Webb will also be there but I don't know if they are planning to bring their 13ft or 17ft Bigfoot.

Joy- We are looking forward to seeing you again. We were not able to make it to Bandon this year. First time we have not been at that gathering in the past 5 years.

Dale & Linda- Sorry to hear you have to work. Hopefully things will change and you will be able to attend. I hear we missed a great dutch oven workshop this year.

We can't wait to say hello to old friends and meet new ones.

See everyone in 7 or so weeks.

Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:57 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsBurro View Post
Joy- We are looking forward to seeing you again. We were not able to make it to Bandon this year. First time we have not been at that gathering in the past 5 years.

Ellen B.
Hey glad you 4 are able to make. We are going to have a great time.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #58

You are added

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsBurro View Post
Earl- You can add 4 more to your list. Berry & Ellen Buzzard are planning on being at the gathering in a 1982 13ft Burro. Bob & Judy Webb will also be there but I don't know if they are planning to bring their 13ft or 17ft Bigfoot.
Ellen B.
Hi Berry and Ellen - Thank you for responding. We will be glad to see you. Your names have been added to the Attendees list and I will update the FiberglassRV list on Page 1, Number 1 in another couple of weeks.
Earl Arrants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:29 AM   #59

Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Registry
Burney Falls

Alan:
I haven't talked to Carol yet (she's sleeping at 1 A.M.! I received your email, we are checking out of Lone Mtn on the 17th, so if I can talk Carol into checking out early, count us in for Burney. We can stay the weekend, but we need electical as a minimum for our old egg.
Carol and Lawrence Walters Albany, Or(Scamp 16')
Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:56 AM   #60

Trailer: 1980 16 ft Scamp (Restored)
Registry
Burney Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Arrants View Post
Hi Rick;

Glad to hear from you. Thanks for checking in. Alan and Michele are still out Scamping and are returning to California sometime this weekend. They will have covered almost 7000 miles between here and Texas.

Thank you for starting us off last year at Lake Tahoe for the 1st annual Northern California gathering. See what you started??? Six trailers last year - this year there has been 18 responses (definites and maybes). Alan will be working on a list as soon as he gets home and settles back in.

You are right, the second annual Northern California Gathering will be at Burney Falls State Park. (Hiway 299 northeast of Redding; junction Hiway 89 about 5 miles north.) The cost is $30/night, no hookups. Reservations are not being taken at that time of year. However the rangers up there assure us that after Labor Day there will be no problem finding spots as the weekends are rarely half full. A WiFi hotspot is available.

Don’t forget the dates - September 17 - 19. I am planning on getting there Tuesday or Wednesday - so you’all come early and stay late!! See you there!

- - Earl
Hi, Earl:
The McArthur Park website lists "electrical..." I'm not sure my 12-volt will last the weekend without the converter charging it. Are you certain there are no hookups?

Below is a copy of my introductory email to Alan.
Thanks,
Lawrence

Alan:
I am a (1980 Scamp 16’ refurbished) owner. My wife and I live in Albany, Oregon, both retired. We new to RV’n Scamp’n both. I noticed your blog on the Yahoo!site. We are aware of a lot of Scamp activity on the Eastern U.S., but have seen few Scamps around here. Are you folks from Oregon? Are there any Scamp Camps in the NW?

We purchased our (dilapidated) 16er in March, just had a couple of shakedown trips. We plan an August trip to the Oregon Coast, and we have reservations for a week in September at Lone Mountain RV Camp in Obrien, Oregon. Lots to see from there.

I included some photos of our refurbish job. It was a tough project, my first, new axle, replaced rotted subfloor, installed microwave, stereo, new converter, etc. It turned into a bigger project than we envisioned, but became a labor of love. We really enjoy it…moved up from tenting ‘cause I’m too old, and it’s too cold!

Lawrence & Carol Walters
Albany, Oregon
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN0957.jpg   DSCN0958.jpg  

DSCN0974.jpg   DSCN0764.jpg  

Lawrence W is offline   Reply With Quote