North Myrtle Beach, SC. - Fiberglass Gathering 2007 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Time to get out of town.... After months of having to stay home, Casita covered, cancer treatments will be completed on Valentine Day so it's time to go camping and celebrate.

Place: Myrtle Beach Travel Park, North Myrtle Beach, SC. 1-800-255-3568, February 16-17.

Monday is a holiday for those that wish to stay on a day longer.

This is a different campground than the one we were at last year due to a special event they are holding. This campground is very close to all restaurants, Wal-Mart and Outlet Malls.

Cost is $33.00 with tax. Electric, water, sewer, cable. Bathrooms are very nice and clean.
Each site has a wooden pavilion with a table under it. A plastic cover around the pavilion will help keep the winds out and make staying outside nicer if you want to do that. Campfires are permitted.

Check out www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com for site map and directions.

This gathering is a weather permitting event, no need for reservations as it is a very large campground. They do have a building we can use to gather in. Come join us.

Spread the word to camping friends that may not get on this site as the more the better no matter what they travel in. We welcome everyone with the desire to gather with friends, talk camping and share ideals.

Your pets will be welcomed by this park with the leash law and pick up after them.

We will keep you update as time gets closer regarding the weather. PM us if you have any questions or if you are intersted in attending.

RX and Susan
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:16 PM   #2

Thanks for all the personal replys. Pending any bad weather it looks like this gathering will be a great on. Looking forward to meeting many new attendies as well as ones that have supported this gathering in the past. Will keep you updated as time gets closer and we get a good handle of weather condition here on the east coast. No need for reservations as this campground is very large and should not have a problem with getting sites all close together.

RX
Old 01-31-2007, 08:43 PM   #3

Mike suggested us going out Saturday night to a resturant they have enjoyed on past trips , so let's plan on all going out Saturday night as a group. No pressure on anyone, if you don't wish to go that is also OK.

To everyone: Saturday night we will get together and have a "get to know you: gathering. If everyone can bring some snacks to share and their own drink that would be great. Of course for the early birds on Friday we will be viewing all the different mods and taking notes. We will most likely do that again on Saturday as we all want to see how each of us have made our little place special.

Spoke with the campgrounds again today and they said that 5 days before the gathering they will set up an area for us so we are all together. They said we will not need reservations and are happy to set some sites aside for us. To my surprise they actually knew what a Casita and Scamp was.

A SPECIAL BONUS:::::: Andy, a new Casita owner has offered his talents to our group. He will be playing Friday evening. He does tributes to Elvis, Roy Orbison, Neil Diamond, Frank Sinatra, Ricky Nelson, the Everly Brothers and more. We will be truly blessed to be entertained by him. Thanks again Andy for the generous offer. We look forward to meeting you as well as the rest of the group.

Pray for good weather that weekend and all of us being able to get together.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:58 PM   #4

As other fiberglass arrive don't hesitate to meet and greet the new arrivals. This will be a great time to see all the new mods and learn how they were done and what works and what doesn't.

We will have a gathering on Friday in the arcade at 6:30. Bring some snacks to share and your own drinks.

We will be having some fine entertainment Friday evening provided by Andy. This will surely be a great evening.

Saturday evening Mike has made arrangments for the ones that wish to go out to eat as a group. No pressure on anyone about joining us. Maybe by Friday evening Mike can get us a menu from The Chesapeake House so everyone will know if they want to join us or not. He will have to confirm the reservations with The Chesapeake House on Saturday.

Arrangements have been made with the campground to set us all up together. They said we will not have a problem getting all together so reservations are not needed. Just tell them you are with the Casita group even if you have some other kind of fiberglass. Remember everyone is welcomed no matter what you travel in. It's all about friends, camping and traveling.

We will be in around noon Friday

We have goodie bags for everyone, so please make sure you stop by.

If anyone has any items they wish to sell regarding camping you are welcomed to bring them. I do know someone is bringing one of the "not made anymore" storage containers that fits next to the toilet. I also know someone is bringing a 2.5 ton hydraulic jack to jack up the Casita if you have a flat. You can bring them to the gathering Friday evening or just set them out at your site.

Happy traveling to all.

17 trailers so far........
Old 02-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 1983 Scamp 13 ft Standard
Sounds like a great weekend is in store right here in my neck of the woods, as luck would have it, I'm obligated elsewhere. The same weekend, I'll be manning the "drop-out" table at the Myrtle Beach Marathon on Saturday.

The Marathon relies on Ham Radio operators to serve as communications for the Aid Stations along the route, this'll be my third year working during the race.

Anyone who comes to the gathering is welcome to come watch(or run) the race. It starts Saturday Morning at 6:30 AM at Coastal Federal Field across from Broadway at the Beach. The course runs throughout Myrtle Beach, mostly along Ocean Blvd. and HWY 17.

Over 5000 participants will be running a half or full 26 mile marathon Saturday morning with most of the race to complete by 2PM.

Come on down and watch at the finish line and stop at the drop-out table & say Hi. I'll be easy to spot, I'm the grey-bearded guy with the grin on my face.

If anyone would like further info they can check out this website:10th. Annual Myrtle Beach Marathon

ConwayBob / KI4HEE
Old 02-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #6

Bob: You are welcomed to stop by after the race and join us for dinner. Or come by Friday evening for the gathering and entertainment. Love to have to stop in and meet you. If it is OK with you I will post this event on the Casita site as well if anyone wished to view the race. Should be intersting to see.

Our numbers are growing as time gets closer. Last minute arrivals always welcomed, no reservation, just come and enjoy.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #7

Quote:
...If it is OK with you I will post this event on the Casita site as well if anyone wished to view the race. Should be intersting to see..."
Yes, by all means go ahead. I'm going to be up pretty early Saturday morning & working most of the day at the race but I'll try to come up and visit.

ConwayBob / KI4HEE

BTW any Ham Radio visitors who are coming are more than welcome to come and participate, we're looking for more volunteers. Check out the Ham Club website for more info:w4gs.org
Old 02-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #8

The gathering is on......

The weather will be cool but sunny so that is good news. We have a activity room for Friday night and can use it Saturday as well if we want. It’s heated!!!!!

Lots going on in the area so it will be a good weekend.

When you arrive at the check in just tell them you are with the Casita group, even though you may have another kind of trailer. All trailers are welcomed. this is not just a Casita rally!!!!!!! They have set aside sites for us to all be in a group and near the bathrooms. Each site has a open shelter so if you want to put up some plastic to help with the cold and be able to sit out you can do so. After you et set up please stop by our site, grey Tundra, for a goodie bag.

We will meet in the activity building at 6:30 Friday evening for a gathering and some snacking. Please bring something to share with the group. I will have napkins and plates. Bring your own drinks.

Following this gathering we will be entertained by Andy and from what I have heard we are in for a wonderful professional treat. THANKS ANDY….

Saturday you can go around and view all the Fiberglass trailers and as always have lots of questions as to how something was done. This is always the highlight of any gathering to see all the new modifications.

Saturday night Mike and Mary have made reservations for anyone who wished to join him, his wife and us at restaurant they enjoy. He may have the menu Friday night to share with us. No pressure on anyone joining us. THANKS, MIKE & MARY.

Last minute attendees are welcomed as they will have plenty of sites open.

If you have never camped in cool weather this is your opportunity to learn that you can do it and be comfortable. The heat strips in the AC work great and will heat you out if you have the temp on high. If you have a furnace you are indeed ready for winter camping. Some use a cube heater which will also heat up the trailer very nicely. Come give it a try and join us next weekend.

Bob H: We have a Ham radio operater with us but he does not have his equipment with him.
Attached Thumbnails
Outside_view_of_sunshade.jpg  
Old 02-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #9

Quote:
[b]The gathering is on......

Bob H: We have a Ham radio operater with us but he does not have his equipment with him.
He is welcome to help out regardless. So is everybody else.
ConwayBob / KI4HEE