Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event 2009 - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #101

Trailer: Casita
You may think we're nuts and we are. Not really, but I feel like it.

Shirley's ankle has gotten worse and we went to the Dr Monday and found that she has close to a Class 3 Sprain. That's not good. Quite a bit of torn ligament fibres and the Dr said she'd have been better off breaking it. At least 6 weeks of pain and recovery and her staying off of it as much as possible.

I guess our desire to come overloaded our good sense. So, the bottom line is, again, that we're cancelling out. We have reserved Site # 8 in the West Side Loop and were to arrive on Thursday the 8th and depart Monday morning, the 12th.

The other time, I did check and I can cancel as late as Oct 5th, or I can just call the Park and tell them someone else is taking the spot / reservation. So, if you want to pay me the $72 (I'll eat the $6 Res fee) you can have the spot. Just send me a Private Message and we can talk. I will wait til Friday afternoon to cancel if I haven't heard something from one of you.

Sorry again for the flip-flopping. We really wanted to join you all. Maybe next time.

Best Regards,

Keith
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #102

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Escape
Registry
Heavy sigh, Keith. But in the end, you have to do what is right in the long term.

Take care of your woman, and she will take care of you.

Just make sure to follow the doctor's instructions.
Ron Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #103

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Okay, Okay, confession time and sign-up time. We made a reservation long time ago but my body is unpredictable as are family/elder parent obligations, but "God willing and the creek don't rise" Mike and I will be in site 38 west, looks like there will be two Escapes side by side. We have some Portland errands and visits, but hope to be around enough to meet folks, put faces to names and see all those wonderful eggs! I am a closet recluse so going to a 'gathering' is a big deal for me! Fortunately Mike is Mr. Social!

If we have to cancel last minute will be happy to pass the site on to someone wanting to sign-up last moment.

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #104

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Heavy sigh, Keith. But in the end, you have to do what is right in the long term.

Take care of your woman, and she will take care of you.

Just make sure to follow the doctor's instructions.

10-4 on the Heavy Sigh. I'm really dissapointed. But, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Thanks for the comments.

We made the Lake Casitas Rally a couple of years ago and really enjoyed that too. Hope we can make it to a NOG sometime. Course, ya'll can come to Colorado too. I'd even help organize it next year. Hmmmmmmm.

Keith
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:14 PM   #105

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Well, as it gets closer I thought an update on sites might be good. I see from reserve America that there are three sites left in West loop that can be reserved and space 62 in east loop is a first come first served spot so if someone were to come up for one night that might also be a posiblity but I would call the park first to see exactly what their policy is on those sites. Just over two weeks and we will be there.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #106

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Well, the best laid plans of mice and men...
I will have to cancel my reservation for the fall NOG at L.L. "Stub" Stewart.

I have a reservation for Site #71 East (the loop where all the action will be). Arrival on Friday, Oct 9th - depart Monday, Oct 12th.

If anyone wants to assume it, please let me know soon. I will hold it for a couple of days to see if anyone is interested, otherwise I will cancel it for lack of interest.

You can post here (I read it all the time), or else send me a PM.

Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #107

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Accuweather's long-range forecast for Vernonia has a sunny and warm forecast for our trip... mid-70's for the highs, and mid-40's for the lows.

Keep your fingers crossed!!!

Adonna

Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #108

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Fingers crossed, fingers cross

Greg, sent you a couple of PMs
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #109

Donna, have you heard of we can have campfires? There won't be any restrictions for having our campfires in our tubs will there. Last camping we did with friends, there was a restriction and without a fire there just seemed to be something missing. Like roasted pepps and smores.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #110

Quote:
Donna, have you heard of we can have campfires?
Haven't heard we can't Linda. I checked the Oregon State Parks and Recreation - Park and Campground Advisories and don't see anything about restrictions. We've had enough rain lately, I doubt it's going to be a problem.

But, I did see the weather should be F A B U L O U S:
Attached Thumbnails
weather.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #111

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
... without a fire there just seemed to be something missing. Like roasted pepps and smores.
Well I wish I were chiming in to say I were coming, but... I'm on the opposite coast and can't make it (this time).

However, I have to ask... what are "roasted pepps"?

Always curious about snacks

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #112

Quote:
However, I have to ask... what are "roasted pepps"?
Ohhh it's a little something we "cooked up" at a prior NOG. You know those little "peeps" you get at Halloween and Easter? The sugar-coated marshmallows shaped like rabbits, chickens, pumpkins and the like? Well, instead of just a plain ole marshmallow... we (some of us) roast PEEPS. And hoot and holler when the chickens start "squacking." Okay, it WAS funnier than it sounds (in type).

Roasted Peeps Website

Sure Raya.... come on out to the PNW! Always room for more at the NOG(s).
Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #113

Registry
We are still planning on coming but haven't shown up on the list or map yet, I did post a few weeks ago we'd be there, west 38. It is not a big deal, but some serious life stressors lately have made me so dysfunctional, it's nice to see a list with our names on it of where we're suppose to be when.

One life blip is our old Previa at 250,000 miles has started to have some problems, almost stopped running in Seattle a few days ago. Been trying to find a pre-owned Sienna, but many trips to take test drives have been futile when we find out the vehicle does not have the tow-prep package, often the sales person tells us it does then find out it doesn't when I ask them to run a vin# check. It is additional 'stuff' in the engine to help cool the transmission if towing more than 1200. I have learned how much the average car sales person DOES not know about towing! I am sure there are car sales people on this forum very wise to towing specs, wish one had a Sienna for sale!

Soooo.........if we set out in the Previa next Friday and don't make it, we'll be somewhere on 101 or I-5 for the weekend, perish the thought!

Looking forward to our first gathering!

Penney

PS You must be the same folks who try to pop candied corn!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:07 PM   #114

Sorry Penney, I had brain-fade... but I just updated the map and listing and YOU'RE ON IT. Now, to just get there... we'll keep an out for you and send good-engine wishes your way
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 PM   #115

Registry
thanks Donna, I feel like we belong somewhere now, at least for a few days! I guess we can just coast south if the car stops working.......

Old 10-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #116

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Thanks for explaining, Donna. I can picture the hilarity
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:11 PM   #117

It was Gina who said that you have to freeze the peeps after you poke a hole in the package. This allows them to reach a toughness that lets them roast better. Then if you roast them just right the sugar on the outside melts and like a creme brulee coats the marshmellow. Very good but don't let it melt on you or you will have a very serious burn. Each NOG we have practiced and gotten pretty good at it.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM   #118

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe and 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe
Quote:
Well, the best laid plans of mice and men...
I will have to cancel my reservation for the fall NOG at L.L. "Stub" Stewart.

I have a reservation for Site #71 East (the loop where all the action will be). Arrival on Friday, Oct 9th - depart Monday, Oct 12th.

If anyone wants to assume it, please let me know soon. I will hold it for a couple of days to see if anyone is interested, otherwise I will cancel it for lack of interest.

You can post here (I read it all the time), or else send me a PM.

Greg

I'll take it ! PM sent from Glen G.
1969 25' Airstream Trade Wind (Modified)
Glen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #119

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
a creme brulee coats the marshmellow....

More like marshmellow jerky....
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 AM   #120

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Glen G,
Sent you a reply PM today.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote