Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event 2009 - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #121

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Site 71 East has been taken. I found another "egger" to take my place.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:31 PM   #122

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe and 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe
Casita de Glenritas (Glen & Rita with Bailey & Lacey the fuzzy kids) will be in space 71 with our 2004 Liberty Deluxe.
1969 25' Airstream Trade Wind (Modified)
Glen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #123

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Donna:

For those of us (me) who are not beer aficionados: just what constitutes a 'Craft' beer? Something that isn't Bud Lite?

Jacquie
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #124

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Definitely not Bud Lite.... Craft beers are produced by small, local or regional breweries using traditional methods. Often unpasteurized and unfiltered (though, they may be... depends on the brewery's ideals). Alternatives to the big brewery, big distribuition networks, often offering unusual, interesting flavors. Kind of a shorthand for "hand crafted", a limited edition beer.

SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #125

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Definitely not Bud Lite.... Craft beers are produced by small, local or regional breweries using traditional methods. Often unpasteurized and unfiltered (though, they may be... depends on the brewery's ideals). Alternatives to the big brewery, big distribuition networks, often offering unusual, interesting flavors. Kind of a shorthand for "hand crafted", a limited edition beer.
Good definition!

Oregon is home to a lot of craft beer. Stuff by Deschutes and Rogue breweries for instance.

And yeah, nothing by Anheuser Busch, Miller and the like would ever be considered a craft beer

But if you choose not to participate in the exchange, that's perfectly okay. Just come to the NOG campfire and roast a marshmallow or two.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:21 PM   #126

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Here's a bit of peep trivia for you... www.delish.com/food-fun/quizzes/peeps-quiz-trivia
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:21 PM   #127

Trailer: 1986 17 ft Bigfoot
Registry
Ann and Tim will be in Site 16 in the West Loop. Thanks to Penny (of the Escape named Turtle) for encouraging us to come.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:41 PM   #128

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Quote:
Here's a bit of peep trivia for you... www.delish.com/food-fun/quizzes/peeps-quiz-trivia
Peeps were featured on Unwrapped on the Food channel not long ago, but I must not have been paying enough attention because I failed this quiz miserably! Thanks for posting the link! I will brush up on "Peepology" before the NOG!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #129

Quote:
Ann and Tim will be in Site 16 in the West Loop. Thanks to Penny (of the Escape named Turtle) for encouraging us to come.
Way to go Penney! Thanks now we've got more

Drive safe!
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 PM   #130

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Hi Tim & Ann, glad you decided to come and there was a site for you. Hope to see you there.

We are still debating, trying hard to find a new van, but the Sienna we have settled on the owner still owes on so it's a complicated process of waiting after we pay Toyota and they send the title. Mike says we can make it to the NOG with the Previa and really wants to go, I feel like the 'ole Prev has lost a lot of power and has a lot of noises coming from the muffler/exhaust system we aren't going to replace (leave that to the new owner when we sell it for cheap!). Anyone driving down from WA Friday morning? Maybe we should have a spotter following us! We'll put a sign on the van - "NOG or bust"

See you all there.....

Penney

P.S. We aren't beer drinkers - but Mike was given a home made bottle of hard cider to offer up - definitely a 'craft' beverage, and the guy who makes it knows what he's doing.

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #131

Registry
hi again........
posted this on pay it forward - but will put it here also as we could haul it to Oregon if someone wants it.....

We have one of those plastic carpets that are used for a 'deck' under awnings to give away, it came with our Escape from the previous owners. We just don't see ourselves using it, haven't in the 7 months we've had the trailer, a bit cumbersome to haul around with all our other 'stuff' - have smaller ones to use. We can bring it this weekend if anyone wants it.

It is 8'6" x 9', dark green and off white, sort of a rose pattern, very nice looking, grommets on corners for poles to go in.

Penney

Old 10-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #132

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
If this weekend's SUNNY weather forecast comes to pass, the Summer of 2009 may be known as the Grand Slam of all cramping seasons! Simon & I would be six for six in the lucky sunshine category. Woo hoo!!! See you at Stub Stewart on Thursday! ~ Sharen xo

From NOAA weather for Portland:

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming north northeast around 6 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 70.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 45.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 72.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 46.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 73.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Columbus Day: Partly sunny, with a high near 72.

UN-FLIPPIN'-BELIEVABLE!!!
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #133

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
I meant to bring these with me to the Oregon Gathering, but we have a pair of Scamp 13" white wheels available. One has a perfectly good Goodyear Marathon tire, the other wheel with a tire that . . . has seen better days and should be replaced before you use it. (We replaced our 13" tires with 14" ones that are much better for handling the 2800lbs of axle weight on our trailer.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	09Feb16BadTire2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	23957

If anyone's interested just give me a holler and I'll bring them to the Gathering.

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #134

Trailer: Trillium 1978 13 ft
Registry
Helloooooooooo Peter

PLEASE bring the Wheels. and Tires. Thank you!!!!!

Bill G.

( i didn't mean to be rude - i just wanted to get to the point quickly) Thanks!!!!
Bill and Jacquie G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM   #135

Trailer: 1986 17 ft Bigfoot
Registry
We may be a bit late arriving on Friday as we have a commitment that will keep us in Portland. This is our first gathering and we are excited to see all the eggs--kind of like touring the "Candy Cane Lane" of highly decorated homes in my home town at the Holidays!
Old 10-06-2009, 07:24 PM   #136

Quote:
We may be a bit late arriving on Friday as we have a commitment that will keep us in Portland. This is our first gathering and we are excited to see all the eggs--kind of like touring the "Candy Cane Lane" of highly decorated homes in my home town at the Holidays!
Do a "tour of the homes" when you arrive... before you get settled in your site. We'll wave (at site 80 East) as you drive slowly by!

Everyone drive safe, we'll see you soon!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #137

Registry
up early, pretty excited, and nervous, just have to share that we get our new-to-us Sienna today and if all goes well will get the wring done and be able to tow to Oregon with it.

Feeling sad about letting go of our trusty 'ole Previa, been on many trips with it.

So NOG will be our maiden voyage with our new tow vehicle! It will be so new and shiny looking, so way out of our league! But will feel safer.

Penney

Old 10-07-2009, 09:02 AM   #138

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
UPdate. We arrived yesterday about 2 and it was the most blue sky you have ever seen, about 80 degrees and very light breeze. Then when the sun went down it dropped fast. Must have gotten down to about 40 last night, glad we brought our space heater. There are 20, 30 and 50 amp hook ups in all sites. Very big sites. As of this morning there are three Casitas here. This morning woke to a fairly heavy dew. Hope that means that it will be warm and sunny soon. We have great cell phone service with our Verizon, my broadband is as good as it can get with a full four bars but there isn't a single TV station that comes in. Well, drive safe and we will see you all soon.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #139

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
UPdate. We arrived yesterday about 2 and it was the most blue sky you have ever seen, about 80 degrees and very light breeze. Then when the sun went down it dropped fast. Must have gotten down to about 40 last night, glad we brought our space heater. There are 20, 30 and 50 amp hook ups in all sites. Very big sites. As of this morning there are three Casitas here. This morning woke to a fairly heavy dew. Hope that means that it will be warm and sunny soon. We have great cell phone service with our Verizon, my broadband is as good as it can get with a full four bars but there isn't a single TV station that comes in. Well, drive safe and we will see you all soon.
Oh Mama! THAT's the kind of cramping report we LOVE to read! Thanks Linda. God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be rolling in late tomorrow afternoon.
See ya soon!
Sharen
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:29 PM   #140

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Quote:
Oh Mama! THAT's the kind of cramping report we LOVE to read! Thanks Linda. God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be rolling in late tomorrow afternoon.
See ya soon!
Sharen
Sharen,
It wouldn't be "cramping" if ya had a Bigfoot!! See you Friday afternoon.

Ron
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote