Northern Oregon Gathering - Fall Event 2009 - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #141

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I'm coming to NOG with Michael. We will be in Site 79. See you all this weekend. Can't wait!!!!

Nancy

P.S. Donna, love the new "Non-Organized Gathering" meaning!
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #142

Trailer: 2004 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe and 2001 13 ft Casita Patriot Deluxe
We're in Dillard now at On the river rv&golf resort.

Thursday we'll head to Waterloo campground.

See ya in sp 71 east Friday.
1969 25' Airstream Trade Wind (Modified)
Glen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #143

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Whoops, I forgot to mention:

+ + + BOOK EXCHANGE Site EAST 67, Sharen & Simon + + +

We'll have a BOOK EXCHANGE table set up. Bring one, two or three good reads, current... and exchange them for as many as you wish. I'll bring a bunch to get the ball rolling, OK?

The best book I've read lately is NF called "Truck, A Love Story" by Michael Perry. Also read "Fieldwork," "Enduring Love" and... oh, I forget.

Bring on the books for exchanging!

See you tomorrow.
Sharen

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #144

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
Arrow

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to attend. I'm feeling under the weather with a cold and decided not to go this time. I canceled my reservation in 4 west if someone else is looking for a site. Have a lot of fun, I'll miss the good times.
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #145

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to attend. I'm feeling under the weather with a cold and decided not to go this time. I canceled my reservation in 4 west if someone else is looking for a site. Have a lot of fun, I'll miss the good times.
Sorry to hear you will not attend, take care and get well
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #146

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy

WOW! I just counted 47 rigs attending. Sorry we cannot come, we have family obligations. Have fun this week-end you guys and see you at the N. Oregon spring nog.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #147

Trailer: 2008 Escape
HI all,
Louise and John may not make it to NOG. Louise discovered the hazards of trailer washing today (Thursday).
Nothing serious, but going to wait and be sure that everything is OK.
Hope that someone reading this will tell Donna D. so she won't worry about us.
Thanks,
Louise
Louise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #148

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Got your message and will pass it on. Will also have my computer and air card at the NOG & will check here tomorrow in route.
So sorry you won't make it - maybe you'll recover and can still come. We were looking forward to meeting other Escape folks!

take care
be well

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #149

Trailer: 2008 Escape
Quote:
Got your message and will pass it on. Will also have my computer and air card at the NOG & will check here tomorrow in route.
So sorry you won't make it - maybe you'll recover and can still come. We were looking forward to meeting other Escape folks!

take care
be well

Penney
Thanks a bunch Penney. If we get there Saturday, we will look you up.
Louise
Louise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:56 PM   #150

Here are some pics from the NOG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1838.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	24115

The area where we actually camp is not very pretty but it it beautiful around the area.

Name:	CIMG1505.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	24116

Friday night get together.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #151

Name:	CIMG1510.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	24117

Friday night beer exchange.

Name:	CIMG1512.jpg
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	24118

Weiner roast
Old 10-10-2009, 10:03 PM   #152

Name:	CIMG1530.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	24119

There are beautiful trails that go on for miles.

Name:	CIMG1540.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	203.4 KB
ID:	24120

One group ride.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:06 PM   #153

Name:	CIMG1850.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	115.5 KB
ID:	24121

Dutch ovens - preparing for Saturday night potluck.

Name:	CIMG1852.JPG
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	24122

Saturday night potluck.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:08 PM   #154

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Nancy - thanx for posting the great pics from the NOG. Looks like everyone was having so much fun. We'll make it to a NOG ... ONE of these days. Take care, L 'n D
Old 10-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #155

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
What a great time. Good food, fantastic weather, excellent park facility, and a chance to make new friendships and renew old ones. I could've stayed a few more days and made a week long Eggtoberfest out of it. Nancy, thanks for getting a few pics up so soon, I'll never forget the sight of you guys tearing down the hill at 50 miles an hour, next time I'll turn around and join you. Mailie and I have a few pics that we'll be sharing in the next few days as well. So glad that Louise was OK and that she and John could attend for a day. Kathy, awesome french toast as always, and Bill, I'll be waiting for your package. Until next spring, Bob and Adonna, Dennis and Charlene (and Luna), Issac and family, Larry, Linda and Dale, Linda and Taylor, Sharen and Simon, Dave and Kathy, Mike and Nancy, Chris and Maureen, Barb, Pete and Lynn, Bill and Jackie, Anne, Donna and everyone else take care and keep in touch.

Wayne and Mailie
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #156

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
So glad to hear that the weather was good. Where we are , there has been a dramatic drop in temperature , more like winter weather. We hope to share in the spring gathering and will make reservations when leave confirmed with employers and vacation plans.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:26 PM   #157

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTED that Simon & I hadn't EXTENDED our Fall Nog stay at Stub Stewart State Park in Oregon's splendidly colorful hills located an hour west of Portland. Who would'a believed we'd enjoy solid sunshine for four consecutive days at this time of year? ... a long weekend that created for us, the culmination of the PERFECT CRAMPING SEASON! Beginning with the Spring NOG last April, all the way through now, to our astonishment, Simon and I enjoyed SIX SPLENDIDLY SUNSHINY long weekend get-aways in our cramper, a '97 Casita. As we overheard Wayne comment: "We're sticking with Simon & Sharen!"

Thanks Wayne. But MOTHER deserves abundant recognition. Thanks Mom! ...that Nature Girl gave us a season from which legends are made. The "Summer of 09" shall go down in cramping history as SIMPLY THE BEST!

And speaking of "BESTS," I ask you all to consider the serious subject of, ahem, "drug use" at our NOGs. I suspect the addictive agents in question have been injected in one or all of the following dishes:

Linda & Dale's 300-gallon DO Chile
Kathy's Legendary Apple Strudel French Toast & Real Maple Syrup
Janet's Big A** Skillet aka Macy's-Worthy Mac & Cheese
Paul's Self-rising DO HOT BREAD
???'s DO Mexican Lasagna (Help me out with the chefs!)

Whatever the drug - for now let's call it the "Comeback4more" - it seems to activate each April and October. We're hooked... we're ADDICTED... We're soooo stoned on you people that we can't keep ourselves from coming back! Thus, we've concluded that it's not just the nice parks, the splendid scenery, bike & hiking trails, the nearby fun & funky villages, the garage sales (oh mama, bite my fist!!! $15 for 15 pieces of vintage enamelward - I'm so high, I could fly!), the friendships, starry night skies, and wonderfully "not organized" light hand that Donna extends to us... IT'S SOMETHING YOU ARE ALL PUTTING IN YOUR DEEP DISHES!!!

So, God-willing and the creek don't rise, you shall see us again in April 2010 at SilverFalls... and likely in October at Waterloo as well. We're even signing up for Bandon again this summer.

And a special note to NOG Newbies - Yes, you Robert with the shiny Scamp & Jeep ensemble, and Barbara's "Stevie Ray" - and all other Newbies... we do hope you enjoyed yourselves and will come back again and again.

Cheers all, and thanks so much for making the Fall NOG a wonderful event!
Sharen & Simon
P.S. I also meant to say how great it was to see Charlene, foot in cast, on the mend! You go girl! Mend on!
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #158

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Escape ('Turtle')
Registry
Mike and I both enjoyed our first egg gathering, it was wonderful to meet egg folks, put faces to names from the forum, make new friends.

As a few of you know we missed a lot because my computer crashed on the way Fri., as I was looking at the online map and checking our site reservation, and we spent most of Sat. at a computer store in Portland, (to no avail, it looks serious, we are taking my crashed hard drive to Seattle this week in the hopes of a data recovery, a big deal, I do a lot of photography, design & sell cards using a software that is difficult to back up).

Without access to my computer, I feel like a fish out of water. I was hoping to be more present at the gathering, take a lot more photos, and put up a web page on our "Turtle site". Wasn't very present, can't access my web site, but here are my meager, humble offerings in the photo collection category:

Egg Folks - Fall 2009 Oregon gathering (you may see one photo rotated, I'm working on that! Sharing this way is new to me)

Many thanks to all who made shared meals and warm fires happen!
We look forward to future gatherings, if they don't get TOO far south to travel to for a weekend!

Penney

Enjoy our travel photos at: Turtle Travels
Penney H. & Mike E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:42 PM   #159
Administrator

Trailer: Argosy
Registry
We also had a great time! Stub Stewart is in a great part of the state and nearby vernonia was charming. The local grocers was a hoot! They were set up and giving flu shots in the produce section (I had to reach around the sharps container to get to the carrots), the local Realtor was handing out business cards in the cookie section and the checkers husband worked at Stub Stewart! Small world

Thanks to everyone for the trailer tours and for making us feel so welcome at our first rally. The beer exchange was a blast and a great way to meet folks and the Saturday night potluck was wondrous. Today we're cleaning out the trailer, doing the laundry and wishing we were back at the rally....
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 PM   #160

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17 ft
Registry
Norma uploaded her pics to her Scamp Camping ShutterFly site.
The link is in our signature.
Attached Thumbnails
girls_2_.jpg  
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote