Northern Oregon Gathering, On the Move! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #101

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
We are so excited, only six more days to go. By the way, anyone interested in Geocaching, we can give a short field trip to show about it say on Saturday morning or something, if anyone is interested.
FYI..
I think there's going to be a few geocachers there.

We've been geocaching since near the beginning, April 1, 2001. And I think there will 2 others and you'll make 4.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #102

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Okay- I know I am going to sound stupid.....I am sooooooo out of the loop and know most of the time. I don't know what you guys are talking about most of the time but I sure am addicted to reading about it all. I do a lot of this while reading posts on this forum. What is Geocatching????????? I might be one or I might want to be one or I might have been one in the past and converted to something else.....not for sure. Can someone explain just in case I want to be one. I could not stand it if I am intrested in Geocatching and showed up not prepared.
Ok-I am going back under my desk now.
Can't wait to see all of you next week.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #103

Registry
--><div class='quotemain'>
Okay- I know I am going to sound stupid.....I am sooooooo out of the loop and know most of the time. I don't know what you guys are talking about most of the time but I sure am addicted to reading about it all. I do a lot of this while reading posts on this forum. What is Geocatching????????? I might be one or I might want to be one or I might have been one in the past and converted to something else.....not for sure. Can someone explain just in case I want to be one. I could not stand it if I am intrested in Geocatching and showed up not prepared.
Ok-I am going back under my desk now.
Can't wait to see all of you next week.
[/quote]

Ellen,

The best source of information is the geocaching web sit at http://www.geocaching.com.

Oh, you would know if you were a geocacher. Usually a GPS (Global Positioning System) is involved.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #104

Trailer: Casita 2005 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
All,

There really is a silver lining in every cloud.

A few weeks ago, Bonnie fell on her head and had to retiree from her position as a Seasonal Supervisor in Custome Service at Harry and David's. Unfortunate and it hurt for awhile, but now things are better - and she is really retired!!!

...and now we can go where we want to go...when we want to go - even to the Northern Oregon Gathering!!!

And when I called to make our reservation, I told the lady that I was "old and feeble" so she was very nice and said we could use site 49A. She also mentioned that sites with hook-ups, 29A - 55A are taken. Site 38A, no hook-ups, is also taken.

We will arrive on Wednesday (10/11) so if we need to bring anything for the get togethers, or can help in any capacity, please let us know...Jerry
Jerry Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:04 PM   #105

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Alright Jerry...and glad to hear Bonnie is okay too.

Check out the potluck stuff starting on page 4.....as usual, folks can participate in any or all activities..or not...

See ya in a week!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #106

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
All,

A few weeks ago, Bonnie fell on her head and had to retiree from her position as a Seasonal Supervisor in Custome Service at Harry and David's. Unfortunate and it hurt for awhile, but now things are better - and she is [b]really retired!!!

We will arrive on Wednesday (10/11) so if we need to bring anything for the get togethers, or can help in any capacity, please let us know...Jerry

So glad that things worked out. That is kind of how I retired but we are both glad to have more freedom. And we will be there Thursday so we will see you in just 6 days.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 AM   #107

Trailer: 1994 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel / Toyota Tacoma SR5
I do not beleive Pat and I can make the Fri pot luck...Too far to travel after work. But we will attend Saturday's event...Should I bring my usual donation???

Paul
jrnutpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #108

Quote:
Should I bring my usual donation???
Paul
Old 10-08-2006, 12:35 AM   #109

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Byron- Thanks for the link, you are right I would know if I was one and I am not. I tried to search out "geocatching" but did not find anything, then I read your post carefully with both 's wide open and found my mistake, should have been looking under "geocaching." I get it now.

Jerry-glad to hear things are better for Bonnie and you both will be able to attend. Look forward to meeting you both.

I am usually so excited about taking our Burro out on another adventure that I am packed and ready to go at least a week before we are due to leave but.....I am slacking about this trip. Need to get off my fanny tomorrow and get the trailer cleaned up so we can leave Thursday morning. As of now, weather is looking good for us.

Take care and everyone PLEASE drive carefully.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #110

Quote:
We are so excited, only six more days to go. By the way, anyone interested in Geocaching, we can give a short field trip to show about it say on Saturday morning or something, if anyone is interested.
Anyone else interested in what we are talking about just click on the word Geocaching in the above.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #111

Just three more days. Then I can see for myself what flying monkeys look like, what faces go with names, and what a dutch oven breakfast could be. Many wonders will be answered soon.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:05 AM   #112

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
Just three more days. Then I can see for myself what flying monkeys look like, what faces go with names, and what a dutch oven breakfast could be. Many wonders will be answered soon.
No Dutch oven breakfasts from me this time. We usually cook over a gas stove at this event. (sorry) Flying monkeys... is Gina coming? (hope so)

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 06:03 PM   #113

Okay, no flying monkeys but flying horseshoes, names to faces and good food. We leave in two days. Hope the weather holds for the whole weekend. Did someone say, burnt peeps?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #114

Registry
Quote:
Did someone say, burnt peeps?
That would be me. Some geocaching friends brought peeps the a geocaching campout this past spring. I didn't try them, but they're said to be good roasted over an open fire.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:21 PM   #115

We'll bring some firewood too.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 AM   #116

Quote:
We'll bring some firewood too.
It would really help if everyone brought a bundle of wood, that way no one has to bring a bunch of wood. It's really nice to have a fire going, even during the day. I'll call the park today and find out if they will have any for sale and post my findings.

<span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%">WHINE</span>

Looks like rain on Sunday, sniffle, sniffle, sniffle. I'll bring my EZ-Up (which it's NOT), figure there's enough folks to help get it in place. Also have a huge roll of clear plastic. AND, if everyone blows toward the west maybe we can keep the rain at bay until most folks have packed up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	5129
Old 10-11-2006, 07:23 AM   #117

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
I will bring a bunch of wood. and some Cream of Chantrelle soup for Fri night . We must remember it is Oct in Oregon
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:43 AM   #118

Trailer: 1994 Lil Bigfoot and 1967 Traveleze Royal Traveler
[quote]Looks like rain on Sunday, sniffle, sniffle, sniffle. I'll bring my EZ-Up (which it's NOT), figure there's enough folks to help get it in place. Also have a huge roll of clear plastic. AND, if everyone blows toward the west maybe we can keep the rain at bay until most folks have packed up.

Attachment 5129

This is Oregon. If you don't like the forecast, just wait, 'cause it'll change.

Have a great time, everyone! I hope I can make it next year.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:49 AM   #119

Registry
My E-Z up will be there too.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:01 AM   #120

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
We'll bring our E-Z Up, too. Maybe we can put them all together on one site. We'll bring some firewood also.

Nan
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote