Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2009! - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #101

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Quote:
Let's see, we need folks to bring tables for the potlucks, small bundles of wood (you DON'T want to buy it at the park.... four small sticks cost $4 . And, dare I say it... Easy Ups... in case we get the liquid sunshine.

Donna due to the bark beetle and other problems some campgrounds are prohibiting firewood from outside ( I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the cqmpgrounds sell firewood ). Do you know if it is permissable to bring firewood from outside sources. We will be coming from Idaho. The firewood I would bring has no problems but I just want to be sure it is ok. Thanks Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 05:26 AM   #102

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Tell you what Lee, I'll call the park and double-check. Usually we'd hear this news via television... haven't heard a word, but I don't want you dragging along extra weight if you can't use it.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 AM   #103

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
I am Sooooooooo EXCITED, I can barely wait!
This will not only be my first of the year EGGIE camping adventure, with old and new 'eggers', but the START of my retirement and first BIG 3-week TRIP away from IT ALL!
Ya-Ba-Da-Ba!
BB
PS Sharen & Simon...how can yours be so neat and tidy, compared to MINE?!
Maybe someone, at the NOG meet, could teach a short seminar about 'KEEPING our EGGIE NEAT & TIDY' (AKA: SHIPSHAPE). Damn.
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 02:41 AM   #104

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft
Quote:
Hi All....

REALLY looking forward to NOG. If anyone needs to cancel, let me know would ya? I have a friend looking for a spot.

Sharon and Clan
A belated Happy (8th ?) Birthday to Dillon and Riley! One more year from now Gil turns the big 62 Hit the Road one---he's already counting the days!
Gil & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 AM   #105

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Linda & Dale,
Congrats on the new little one! We have so much fun with the 2 of ours.
Sharen & Simon,
6 more inches - wow - what are you going to do with all that space! (Seriously, it makes a big difference - it's a whole elbow ) Your 'cramper's' looking great!

Well, we dewinterized, checked out all the systems, washed the towels and bedding, restocked the food and we're off for a shakedown campout at Cape Disappointment. We go every year for our anniversary and now they have a Blue Grass Fest in Long Beach so, good music, good food and sleeping on the shores of the Pacific. Last year it hailed, snowed and we had thunder and lightning - gotta be better this year - right? Can't wait for April tho' and fun times at Waterloo! See you all soon!

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #106

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
PS Sharen & Simon...how can yours be so neat and tidy, compared to MINE?!
Maybe someone, at the NOG meet, could teach a short seminar about 'KEEPING our EGGIE NEAT & TIDY' (AKA: SHIPSHAPE). Damn.
Congratulations!

If you want someone to teach a seminar on keeping an egg tidy, it makes sense to choose someone like Simon and Sharen since they seem to have it figured out! Not only that, but a bit of character and art enter the picture.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #107

Dennis and I are also excited about seeing all of you. Bring photos, Linda! Sharon & Sharen, I plan to join you for the catch up!

We'll toast your birthday, Gil....

We have also taken Squatchi out for the first trip on the coast. We got lucky with warm weather. Everything is washed, cleaned and repacked. We're ready to go!

Can't wait to see all of you...

Old 03-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #108

Quote:
Donna due to the bark beetle and other problems some campgrounds are prohibiting firewood from outside ( I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that the cqmpgrounds sell firewood ). Do you know if it is permissable to bring firewood from outside sources. We will be coming from Idaho. The firewood I would bring has no problems but I just want to be sure it is ok. Thanks Lee
Donna Thanks I will montior the site for your response. Lee
Old 03-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #109

Quote:
Hi Linda,

I had told several folks that I would be willing to get a tub for them. There is someone in Springfield who does appliance repair who will save the stainless steel tubs and sell them for $20. That is where I got the ones for Adonna and Sharen. I can bring one to the next gathering in April if you want. I am going to be bringing some for others.

Charlene
Charlene If you have room for one more please bring a tub for my wife and I. Lee and Norma Senn. Thanks Lee
Old 03-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #110

Quote:
Charlene If you have room for one more please bring a tub for my wife and I. Lee and Norma Senn. Thanks Lee
I will try to get one for you, Lee.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #111

Quote:
I will try to get one for you, Lee.
Charlene Thanks. We appreciate it and look forward to meeting you at the gathering. Lee
Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #112

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Quote:
Hola Chica!
The short story is....I survived it...barely .
The long story will have to wait until we can sit with martinis in hand.
Miss you .....XO
Mmmmm... pomegranate martinis, can't wait to try another one of those Sharon. Mailie want's to know if you like tequila because she has a recipe for a nice cold weather hand warmer.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #113

Trailer: 2007 17.5 ft Bigfoot (25B17.5G)
Registry
Better late than never... Addy and I will be in 12A.
Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:32 PM   #114

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Look at that park all in RED. Just a big over three weeks to go. All the Spring should be done by then!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 AM   #115

Quote:
Glad to know you'll be there, Ron!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #116

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Unhappy

Bring paint remover:

http://www.kptv.com/news/19028922/detail.html

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #117

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Mailie want's to know if you like tequila..........
Ahhhhhhh.............YES!

Miss ALL you guys.......
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #118

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
I even miss you Ron....
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #119

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Oh mama... if I stay away from this board too long I discover there's all kinds of chattering gone on when I get back. The funniest is that my name "Sharen" and the word "neat" were mentioned in the same sentence. Hahahahaha

OK, wakie wakie... I have a funny to share with y'all. It goes like this:
Senior Citizen Bumper Sticker: "SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY, AND SOMETIMES I LET HIM SLEEP."

If you see such a bumper sticker, please buy it for me (and I'll reimburse, of course)... That one belongs on the back end of our cramper.

Whidbey Island - Linda & Dale sent a nice note, worried that we were in that mud slide, and the GOOD NEWS is that we are high and dry, and a few miles away from those poor folk. Dang beaver built a dam and Simon says they were uncertified engineers. Dam failed. Big mess. No one hurt, but plenty of clean-up.

So our Casita "No Yoke" is getting all gussied up for the launching of the 2009 CRAMPING SEASON... just a coupl'a weeks away now for the NOG. Looking forward to hearing all your stories. I know Charlene & Dennis will have a few traveling yarns, and Sharon Herman's got some "under two feet of snow" yarns, and so all the rest of you better spiff up your yarn polish, OK?

And if anyone wants to read a very fun book, have a read of "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society"... it's just GREAT! How about if we do a book exchange at the NOG? I bet winter has seen some of you blow through a good book or two.

Love to all,
Sharen Heath

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 AM   #120

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Sharen,
Glad to hear that you and Simon weren't affected by the Great Beaver Dam fiasco on the island. We saw the news coverage and it sure looked like it created a lot of destruction to that neighborhood. Sorry for those who suffered through this ordeal, but glad you weren't involved as well.
See you at NOG.
Greg
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote