Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2009! - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2009, 09:58 PM   #121

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Eric & Lorn, Roger & Homer are in 10A. Can't believe I didn't post this last year, but we're not on the master list, so now you know! We look forward to seeing all of you soon!
We spent last weekend in Sunriver. It was 15 degrees there on Saturday morning! here are some photos on the nearby cascade lakes highway trails.

Friday morning, Fall River Campground, Cascade Lakes Highway -- and no, we didn't stay in the trailer!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0379.1.jpg   IMG_0378.1.jpg  

Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:39 PM   #122

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
I reserved site 33-A back when I thought my 15' Escape would be ready in Feb. Now I
don't have a trailer so I'm tenting it on Dave's site. I'm going to cancel on Friday and let people know a site is available.
Cathy Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #123

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
I Googled my way over the the TravelOregon website to get a map for the Fall River Campground. Here is what I found. You may need to back the "zoom" out 3/4 of the way to see where Travel Oregon says the Fall River Campground in Bend, Oregon is!
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #124

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Quote:
I Googled my way over the the TravelOregon website to get a map for the Fall River Campground. Here is what I found. You may need to back the "zoom" out 3/4 of the way to see where Travel Oregon says the Fall River Campground in Bend, Oregon is!
You'd have great ocean views. Too bad it's the Atlantic!
cheers
Ian

Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #125

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:

Try this one.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #126

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Some time back, I believe in this thread, a question was raised about bringing your own firewood to the park. As I remember, someone was going to check that issue out and report back.

As a woodworker and wood turner, I have lots of scrap hardwood and would be happy to bring a few boxes to the NOG. However, I don't want to get crosswise with the campground officials, so I would apreciate it if someone could get an answer to this issue. If I have missed an earlier post that has already settled the issue, please forgive.

Also, we have just received our new Southern Mattress Co. mattresses, and have the old ones (just store-bought foam and a layer of memory foam - no mattress cover, no nothing), to give to anyone who needs them. If so, please post back, and we will bring them with us.

We are Mike and Sandy and will be in Site 03A.

Mike & Sandy

Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:44 PM   #127

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Some time back, I believe in this thread, a question was raised about bringing your own firewood to the park. As I remember, someone was going to check that issue out and report back.
That was me! Just got off the phone with Kristi and the county park, and [b]YES WE CAN BRING OUR OWN WOOD TO BURN.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:10 PM   #128

Registry
YES! It's almost time! Just as the Fall NOG tends to mark the end of our camping season, the Spring NOG has been our inaugural camping season trip, so we're always eager to get out and CAMP>

As in years past, my trailer does not look quite as it did when it was parked for the winter. A few things have changed . . . which means I have some Scamp parts up for grabs. If you want any of them please IM me so I know to pack them for the NOG before we head out.

I have everything and the kitchen sink:
Old 04-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #129

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
I am so green with envy! I really wanted to be able to attend this outing but we are still saving vacation time.

I am still enjoying reading about it and want to tell everyone to take plenty of pictures and post them!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #130

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I am so green with envy! I really wanted to be able to attend this outing but we are still saving vacation time.

I am still enjoying reading about it and want to tell everyone to take plenty of pictures and post them!
We're sorry too Liz, would love to meet up with you. Just as a bit of info, the Fall NOG will be October 8-11... we just don't know exactly where yet. Will decide that Saturday night at the Spring NOG. Maybe you can put the Fall NOG on your calendar?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #131

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
After reading some of your adventures with heaters this winter and finding ourselves in cold situations without electric we would like to see your solutions, Peter. Was it your Buddy that you worked on in Yellowstone?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:25 PM   #132

Trailer: 2010 Escape 15 ft
Quote:
I reserved site 33-A back when I thought my 15' Escape would be ready in Feb. Now I
don't have a trailer so I'm tenting it on Dave's site. I'm going to cancel on Friday and let people know a site is available.
Actually canceled site 35-A (since that was mine and 33-A was Dave's)
I had high hopes of having my own trailer and graduating from a 'wanna-be' to a real
"egg owner"
I will be at Bandon as a 'wanna-be' but will have a surprise for you all (compliments
of Tammy and Reace)
Cathy Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #133

Registry
Quote:
After reading some of your adventures with heaters this winter and finding ourselves in cold situations without electric we would like to see your solutions, Peter. Was it your Buddy that you worked on in Yellowstone?
Our Portable Buddy is our "backup" heater, the one we pull out when we run out of propane in the main tanks, don't have hookups or the season, shady location, or weather prevent our solar panels from producing enough electricity to run the furnace and lights every day. Even when set on "low" the Portable Buddy puts out plenty of heat to keep our 19' fifth wheel warm when the outdoor temps drop to -10c/14F temperatures, but there are some things to be aware of when using the Portable Buddy.

The first thing to know is, even when set on "low," a 1lb propane cylinder will last just 4-5 hours in the Portable Buddy. The second Portable Buddy limitation is it does not work well at altitude. The problem we ran into, where the Portable Buddy would heat up then go out after an hour or so, was due to the way its oxygen sensor works. It turns out that the oxygen sensor is designed to work at altitudes below 6500-7000 feet; we were at 7500 feet when we had problems.

All propane heaters with an oxygen depletion sensor (ODS) have the same design limitation, so if you want heat at altitude you'll need to depend on a forced air furnace (which intakes and exhausts outside air for the combustion chamber, so does not need an ODS system) or a catalytic heater like the Wave 3 heater that doesn't have an ODS.

Not having an ODS on a catalytic or ceramic heater worries some people, and I can see their point. In a well sealed trailer a catalytic heater can suck enough oxygen out of the air to suffocate a trailer's occupants in a little over six hours at sea level, but cracking a window and vent addresses that concern. Just don't forget to crack the vent or . . .

Actually most people's trailers, particularly those with slat-like jalousie windows likely have more than enough air exchange leaks to keep the oxygen levels in the "safe" range.

Our main source of heat when we dry-camp is our forced-air furnace, but it depends on having battery power, something we ran short of at Yellowstone because our solar panel didn't pump out enough power to run the furnace all night. I've bought a second 55w solar panel to fix this problem, but even then we wouldn't get enough sun to run the furnace during the late fall and winter months. If we camp at those times we'll need some alternate way to keep the batteries topped off so the furnace will run.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #134

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Last year when we made the trip to the United states from north of the border, some of you asked us to bring some gifts. We would be willing to do that again
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:08 PM   #135

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Just bring yourselves as far as we are concerned but thanks for asking. We still have a full can of baking powder left.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #136

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Could you bring me a Bigfoot 5th wheel?
Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #137

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp (our 'Lil Critter')
Donna,
Bev and I are in space 35. Will arrive on 22nd and have to leave on 26th.
Bev and Bob Deaton
2005 13' Scamp (Lil Critter)
from Susanville, CA traveling with Jake (106 lb Choc Lab), Molly (13 lb S....Zu) and
Baby (8 oz. Cockateel)
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:25 PM   #138

Trailer: 80 HawaiiLo 16 ft
Hi All, Well, Dee and I find that we are going to have to pass on this one. Our Space was 46A. It has been cancelled! Hopefully we'll see all of you in July in Bandon. Keith
Jayfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #139

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
10 more days people, (9 for us as we will be in the early bird group). I'll be bringing a healthy supply of roasting peeps as usual.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #140

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
God willing and the creek don't rise, we'll be heading to NOG and the warmth of all of you a week from today!
Woo hoo!
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote