Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2009! - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #161

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:
I hate to "stir the pot", but........this is all sounding so routine!! NOG RUT is coming to mind. I'm all for shakin things up a little. How can that be accomplished???
I second Sharon's suggestion to SHAKE THINGS UP!! How about we start with sunny weather and extra pomegranate martinis?
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:53 PM   #162

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Quote:
YES! It's almost time! Just as the Fall NOG tends to mark the end of our camping season, the Spring NOG has been our inaugural camping season trip, so we're always eager to get out and CAMP>

As in years past, my trailer does not look quite as it did when it was parked for the winter. A few things have changed . . . which means I have some Scamp parts up for grabs. If you want any of them please IM me so I know to pack them for the NOG before we head out.

I have everything and the kitchen sink:
Hi Peter-

I tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full.

My dad, Bob would be glad to take the formica off your hands if no one else has asked for it.

Also Bob is very interested in the cabinet/roof supports. Is that a fiberglass support? Can you explain this a little more? If it is the fiberglass roof support, Bob will take that also if it is not already spoken for.

We will be arriving at Waterloo on Thursday April 23rd some time in the afternoon, early evening. We have spaces 42 and 43 reserved.

If you have time could you please either PM me a response back or post a response here. My dad does not have a computer so I am inquiring on his behalf.

Thanks
Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:59 PM   #163

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
I hate to "stir the pot", but........this is all sounding so routine!! NOG RUT is coming to mind. I'm all for shakin things up a little. How can that be accomplished???
You could come as a REDHEAD!

Hey Sharon with an O... Sharen with an E here. Hot diggity... cramper's in the driveway gettin' all spiffed and gussied up. We can't wait to enjoy the extra-wide by 6" that Simon, er, added to our BED!

We'll be arriving likely by dinnertime on WEDNESDAY, and I know a couple others are arriving that day too, so we'll see ya then, site 15-A.

Unfortunately we must depart on Saturday, but our site is reserved until Sunday, so if there's a wait list, let us know if anyone needs a one-nighter for Saturday and the big Dutch Oven feed. Very sorry to miss that, but we have something on Whidbey and need to be home for Sunday. Lucky we can get down now.

Looking forward to the first crampout of the new WARM season. I just heard an MSNBC report that Artic Ices are melting A LOT FASTER than anyone thought, so our motto is DO IT NOW!

OK... back to the spiffin' and gussy-uppin', and yes, we'll bring the rain gear, but only as INSURANCE!
Happy Travels all,
Sharen Heath

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE (http://forecast.weather.gov) for 97355, Lebanon, OR...

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 70. Calm wind becoming northwest between 6 and 9 mph.

Wednesday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Thursday: A 40 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 57.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.

Friday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61.

Friday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40.

Saturday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 58.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 41.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 59.
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #164

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
"A chance of showers" is the safest weather forecast that can be made for Oregon. Here's hoping that chance is slim to none!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #165

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe

Yep, prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

Actually, I just watched the weather forecast for the Willamette Valley, Channel 8 says rain on Thursday and the rest MOSTLY sunny. I'll settle for MOSTLY
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #166

I'd like everyone to come to the Saturday evening festivities prepared to talk about where we're going in the fall. I'll give you a choice of two parks:

L.L. Stub Stewart State Park

or back to Silver Falls State Park

whichever we choose for the Fall NOG, we'll go to the other for the Spring NOG 2010.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:15 PM   #167

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:

Yep, prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

Actually, I just watched the weather forecast for the Willamette Valley, Channel 8 says rain on Thursday and the rest MOSTLY sunny. I'll settle for MOSTLY
"MOSTLY" works fer me!

Looking forward to seeing you Donna.

Simon and I can't be there for the big important vote on Saturday night, but we'd go back to Silverfalls in a heartbeat.

xo
Sharen Heath

HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #168

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
I wanted to bring this to the next page. I stopped by the Linn County Park office. They said every spot was booked by an egg person in the A loop except for some spots that have no hook ups that they call tent sites. They said this was the first time they have every opened B loop this early in the year. I guess a group of ten fly fisher people wanted spots and were so put out that they opened B loop. B loop is only a little ways off but is not able to be reserved and therefore is on a first come first claimed spot.

I still have A4 open for someone who might want to join us. I would not like to have to turn it into the park and have it open for a big sticky to settle in there. Any one want a spot? Its just across the grass from the main pot luck and fire pit. Easy to get since I have the reservation and can hand it to you when you show up and send the check to Kathy. I will be turning it back in Wednesday morning if I don't hear from anyone.
A4
Thursday 23rd arrive and leaving Monday the 27th.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:39 AM   #169

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Quote:
It's become "the usual" flurry of trailer activity the weekend before the Spring NOG, finishing up a few random projects, de-winterizing (is that springifying?), and just . . . smiling a whole lot.

The NOG is here! Camping season is about to begin!
Tell me about it! I was caught off guard de-winterizing our egg when the toilet valve sprang a leak, but it's all good. The Tardis is ready to roll Can't wait to kick the season off.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:45 AM   #170

Quote:
I'd like everyone to come to the Saturday evening festivities prepared to talk about where we're going in the fall. I'll give you a choice of two parks:

whichever we choose for the Fall NOG, we'll go to the other for the Spring NOG 2010.
Sounds good Donna. I don't want to start the debate here, but it might be nice to see Silver Falls in the springtime. L.L. Stub looks good too though... so many parks so little time. Maybe we need to have a winter NOG???
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM   #171

Quote:
I got Mailie working on thinking something up, maybe a disco night or pajama party?
Old 04-21-2009, 12:52 AM   #172

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite / Suburban
Quote:
Hey, how 'bout disco/80's nite, motown/60's nite or country line dancin'? We could promise to keep the noise down to a dull roar & shut off at quiet time. Course, we'd need somebody to bring music & teach line dancing. But it would get us up off our tushes & boogie!
Sharon, help me!
Mailie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #173

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Sunday morning sometimes there is a breakfast pot luck but that is usually not organized by Dave and Kathy.
'
Nancy & Mike used to 'organize' Sunday breakfast but we like to keep things casual. Anyway - I'll make apple streudal french toast if folks aren't tired of it yet. If others would bring grills and breakfast fixin's (eggs, sausage, fruit - DO folks usually come up with some yummy casseroles and sweet treats), Does anyone have a giant coffee pot? - If not Donna's coffee mug holds enough for quite a few people . 2 days and we're out of here - can't wait

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #174

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Quote:
'
Nancy & Mike used to 'organize' Sunday breakfast but we like to keep things casual. Anyway - I'll make apple streudal french toast if folks aren't tired of it yet. If others would bring grills and breakfast fixin's (eggs, sausage, fruit - DO folks usually come up with some yummy casseroles and sweet treats), Does anyone have a giant coffee pot? - If not Donna's coffee mug holds enough for quite a few people . 2 days and we're out of here - can't wait

Kathie
Adonna has a huge coffee pot that she usually brings. I'll check with her to see if she is bringing it. Can't wait to see you all!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:09 AM   #175

Okay, we now have a newbie in space A4. Joyce said she just picked up her Casita late last year and it sounds like this will be her first gathering. She will be coming in on Thursday.

So A4 will have an egg in it and is now full.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:32 AM   #176

Trailer: 2009 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Can't wait for Thrusday our rain or shine outing. Linda when we talked I should have told you that I had a Scamp prior to purchasing my great new Casita. If I could of figure out to insert a picture, I would've included one I took at the Quartzsite pot luck in February. We had in in one heck of a rain storm.
Joyce U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:36 PM   #177

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot

Adonna is bringing the coffee urn!
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 PM   #178

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:

Be careful, Donna, it almost sounds like you are getting us "organized"!

I have a suggestion -- since we've been to Silver Falls in the Fall, I'd like to see us go back in the Spring of 2010, to see what it's like at a different time of year. Except for the cold and rain, Bob and I loved Silver Falls and would jump at the chance to go back again!
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM   #179

Quote:
Be careful, Donna, it almost sounds like you are getting us "organized"!

I have a suggestion -- since we've been to Silver Falls in the Fall, I'd like to see us go back in the Spring of 2010, to see what it's like at a different time of year. Except for the cold and rain, Bob and I loved Silver Falls and would jump at the chance to go back again!
Nope never organized. But wanted people to see the webpages so we could make an objective decision. Truth be told, I'm leaning to your thinking Adonna
Old 04-21-2009, 02:09 PM   #180

I too like the LL in the fall because it is open and fall seems to catch the rain more. But there is an east and west campground. So there is two choices in one if we pick the LL park.