Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event 2010 - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2010, 06:48 AM   #121

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
It's time! Three weeks to camping!!!!

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

I have about 18 raffle items to give away... BUT YA GOTTA WEAR A NAME TAG to get one.

Hot dog roasting fire going at my site on Friday night. This is not a potluck, bring what you need. And the biggy:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us anyway. Beer is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG campfire.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #122

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Donna,

A few days ago, Sandy heard part of an announcement about full closure of I5 at Olympia over the April 24-25 weekend. Supposedly 4-5 days during which all traffic will be forced off of I5 at the Martin Way exit, and take some sort of a complex alternate route thru or around Olympia to re-enter I5 somewhere south of Tumwater. Part of the announcement was that travelers could expect delays of up to 5 hours!

I have spent over an hour on the WADOT website without any success, so I will try the telephone tomorrow morning to get more details. Anyone coming from north of Olympia to the Spring NOG could be in for a shock.

I'll get back to you as soon as I have more info.

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #123

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Donna,

I finally got hold of the DOT project engineer who told me that that TV announcement was not correct, but there will be a closure during that weekend.

However, it will only be Northbound I-5, only 12 hours long (10:00 PM Saturday thru 10:00AM Sunday), only running from the Hawks Prairie exit to the Nisqually valley onramp.

Since we all will already be at Silver Falls SP during that period, we will not be affected.

So much for the Channel 4 newscast research!

Mike
Mike Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #124

Thanks for the followup Mike. I too went to the WDOT website, after your posting and couldn't find much except some ramp closures. Glad to know this won't slow folks down.

Only a couple more weeks to go!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #125

Trailer: 2000 Northern Lite (The TARDIS)
Hello all! So glad that the gloom of winter has finally risen. Mailie and I are sooo looking forward to seeing you all again. It has been a rough winter for the two of us and it'll be great to get away for a while. We'll be there on Thursday so see you then.
Wayne D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:55 PM   #126

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Well, we just got back from four weeks on the road. We clocked in 5700 miles and long hours of driving. We are so ready for a slow, relaxing campout in just a short time. As usual we will be there Thursday and if anyone wants to come for an early bird get together, we will have a desert ready and anyone is welcome and if you feel up to bringing something and joining us around the campfire or just joining us and don't worry about bringing anything.

Forgot to say where we are. In campsite B8
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #127

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I'll be there on thursday Linda. I will stop by with Dallas' new sweater.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #128

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Hi all, Thursday sometime for us too. I can hardly wait. We had a couple of practice sleeps in Harley because we had a houseful at Easter. It was great but it didn't make the wait any easier.
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #129

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
We'll be there Thursday too! Our first camp out of the year! I am recovering from foot surgery so we didn't make our annual 'freeze your buns off at the beach' trip in March (Rich & Deb swear that's why the weather was nice this year ). Can't wait - see you all soon!

Kathie (&Dave)

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:37 AM   #130

Trailer: 1973 13 ft Compact II
I won't be able to make it to the Silver Falls NOG meet, later this month. If anybody wants to secure my site before I turn it back to the Parks system, please let me know. I'll have to ask others who have done it, how I make this transaction. If anyone has any info, please let me know.
My direct email is: gardencoach[at]live.com

Thanks,
Barbara
bbuehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #131

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
We will be arriving there on Wednesday, the 21st and we're looking forward to seeing everyone.

Anyone else coming Wednesday?

Carol, Jim, and our cat Jerry
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #132

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 16 ft ('The Pod')
Quote:
We will be arriving there on Wednesday, the 21st and we're looking forward to seeing everyone.

Anyone else coming Wednesday?

Carol, Jim, and our cat Jerry
We will be arriving on Wednesday in space B16. Jerry and Miss Bailey can finally meet!
Vivian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:31 AM   #133

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
the wx is looking good
we will be there thursday.Linda, glad to see ya'll made it back ok.
Dale, we found a good U.S. made baking powder. Rumford aluminum free...same as Magic.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #134

Quote:
I won't be able to make it to the Silver Falls NOG meet, later this month. If anybody wants to secure my site before I turn it back to the Parks system, please let me know. I'll have to ask others who have done it, how I make this transaction. If anyone has any info, please let me know.
My direct email is: gardencoach[at]live.com

Thanks,
Barbara
Barbara's site is right across from me. Her site is B6. Doesn't someone in A Loop (without electric and water?) care to move? We'd really rather have fiberglass!
Old 04-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #135

Registry
the best way to give it to someone is to ADD them to your reservation. Do not cancel it or try to swap it online. Call Oregon State parks with your ressie # and simply put the new owners name on the reservation with you.

They can then arrive without your supervision. You contact the new addition and make private payment arrangements.

Don't tell Oregon you are not coming, just tell them you have an addition.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #136

Less than two weeks to go, time to discuss any not-organized plans Linda & Dale already mentioned Thursday night at their campsite for dessert... or whatever. See their post on the previous page. Friday night is the beer exchange 7pm and we'll have a roaring fire going at my campsite for those that want to bring hotdogs (or whatever) to roast. Bring everything you need, this is not a potluck on Friday night. Saturday night is the potluck. Once again at my campsite. I know there is always yummy food, bring something to share and your plates/silverware (plastic?), beverages, etc. And don't forget your lawn chairs! Sunday morning before everyone leaves there's usually a breakfast potluck. Y'all are welcome in my spot again to eat... if you wish.

What we need are tables! Potlucks take tables to spread out the serving area. The picnic table in my spot is wood and is good for the dutch ovens, any tables folks can bring would be greatly appreciated.

Did I miss anything?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #137
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Donna,
I think you covered it all, just counting down anxiously for our first camp out of the season.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #138

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Talking

WOW! I count 43 rigs.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #139

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Donna, don't forget the firewood. Those that have room and can bring firewood can drop it off at the group campfires to help. Some campgrounds charge an arm and a leg for just a few pieces.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #140

Registry
Donna, if I bring the motorhome I will bring a table too. (Haven't decided if I am going to MH or tent it yet)