Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2007, 08:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
OK, I KNOW that NOG really means the "Non Organized Gathering", but think about this: Chances are that April in Oregon will include some showers, if not downpours. With Donna's permission, Bob and I checked out the Champoeg meeting hall today and found that it would be a great place to have available should the weather turn soggy on us. However, it will require a little bit of organization, which I have volunteered to do.

The meeting hall is between Loop A and Loop B, and includes a wood stove, large counter space with TWO kitchen sinks, lots of long tables and chairs, electricity and bathrooms. Wouldn't it be nice to have a nice warm group shelter in case of rain? I could see us having card games, potlucks, etc. in the meeting hall. There's plenty of room for the whole group. It's an easy walk from the A Loop, or you can drive and park right in front.

Right outside of the meeting hall, there is a HUGE firepit with log benches surrounding, THREE horseshoe pits (I can see Gil jumping for joy already ), and a large grassy area for the dogs to frolick. Oh, and there are 5 electric-only campsites (no water) if anyone so chooses to camp there.

So.... I am going to call the reservations line tomorrow morning to see how many spots we need to reserve to have use of the meeting facility. I think that if we have a "group reservation" of 5 or more sites, we can have use of the meeting hall for free, since it will still be the "discovery season". If you aren't particular about which site you want for the April 2008 NOG, please wait a day or so to make your reservation. I will post another message tomorrow after I know more about whether we can do this or not. I'll need your support to help fill the minimum number of sites.

Stay tuned!

Adonna
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 09:19 AM   #2

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Well, I just got off the phone with the reservations lady. The only way to reserve the meeting hall at Champoeg is to reserve the group site loop, which has electric hookups only. There is water available, but not for trailer hookup. As I mentioned earlier, there are bathrooms available right next to the meeting hall, so if you have a trailer that doesn't use a water hookup anyway, this might be a good option for you.

If we can get 5 trailers to camp at the electric-only (no water) sites right next to the meeting hall, we can still go this route. But I'm not sure if we would have enough interest, so I didn't make the reservation yet.

Please send me a PM if you are interested in this option. I'll update this thread with more info as I get it!

Adonna
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Hi Adonna,

Nice of you to look into this. I know several people have already made reservations in A loop. Here's a question.....What are the odds of it being reserved in April anyway? IF it's not reserved and IF it rains, could we use it then? As I recall last April it was GREAT weather. After all, we are lucky sons of guns aren't we??

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote