Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2008, 05:49 PM   #181

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I'm sorry to hear we have people signed up that can't make, due to illness', family illness', etc. The weather is actually looking better all the time, high of 67 on Sunday!

I'll make certain the listing on the first page is as up to date as I can make it and will print it off and bring it on Friday.

You newbies working on your name tags!?!?!?

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 06:04 PM   #182

Trailer: 2008 Escape
Greetings all, (hi, Donna)
I guess it's about time I realized that I could be looking on the web site to see what's planned for the NOG. Never occurred to me that I need to find room for my Dutch Oven. Duh...
It's our first NOG but we've done 5 at Bandon.
We'll be there Thursday. I'll see if I can come up with something for my DO.
Don't know where you all are getting your forcasts. Ours says it's looking good.

Cheers,
Louise and John
Louise B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:05 AM   #183

I've just heard Rich and Deb won't be able to join us. So, spot A 5 is open, or will be soon if someone needs a spot.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #184

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Was going back and forth about bringing the kiddo and finally I thought I would just ask my kid if he really wanted to go. I wanted some personal quite time but I know he would have fun, hubby wanted his own private time and the yard would benefit heavily from uninterupted dad alone time(husband has to work on friday and couldn't make this trip) ...so I asked "Hey do you want to miss school on Fiday and we go camping?" (son) No I want to see everybodys report on animals that we have been working on." (hubby sitting in the same room, me smiling at him because I "tried" to entice with the miss school thing) Now I can go alone, ride my bike, miander around, ahhhhhhhhhh. Called husband at work this morning trying to keep the enthusiasm to a minimal about packing and getting ready to head out on Friday all by myself See you there ...Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 AM   #185

You are obviously doing something right if your son finds school as fun and interesting as camping! We'll meet up with him at a future event I'm sure.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #186

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
Quote:
IF you bring the ingredients and some briquetts, we could bring another dutch oven for you to practic in and provide some guidence. We have a few extra. Anyone else? Maybe we could have a mini class and those that know all about do can also help.
You're on Linda & Dale... We'd love a lesson in DO cooking and will bring something to give it a try. Many thanks for your kind offer of a LOANER!

Our Casita cramper is spiffed up and ready to rock n roll down the I-5. Spiders cleared (I think), frig smelling fresh and rosey, clean sheets and towels for a brandie new season (hahahaha), pot of Chile (mild), cornbread (honey) in the oven... Let's see, what'd I forget? E-Z ups and g'loshes will be stowed as insurance, naturally. Now if I could only get this digital camera to regain its brains. The thing's gone kaflooey!

Very happy to be joining all of you for a long, fun weekend. BTW, we have friends here on Whidbey Island seeking a glass egg so that they can join in on the fun. Point me to "for sale" spots please.

Manyana!
Sharen Heath

PS Cramper dogs sniff something up - watching my every move - making sure I remember their kibble.

Attached Thumbnails
TrueandKeeper.jpg  
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:19 PM   #187

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Do you need a receipe? Do you want desert or main dish? We will bring a 12 inch for you to use. Please be sure to bring Kingford original briquetts. They work best. Packing tonight so if anyone else wants to try we need to know to be sure to get a DO in for you.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:52 PM   #188

Quote:
Do you need a receipe? Do you want desert or main dish? We will bring a 12 inch for you to use. Please be sure to bring Kingford original briquetts. They work best. Packing tonight so if anyone else wants to try we need to know to be sure to get a DO in for you.

Hmmmm... well... I just checked out http://www.justdutchovenrecipes.com/index.html for recipes, and with 712 choices, I'm feeling... overwhelmed!

Among their recipe categories - Bean Beef Bread Chicken Chili Dessert Drink Fruit Miscellaneous Pork Sauce
Seafood Soup Stew Vegetables Wild Game they don't seem to have a category marked: BEGINNER!

So, suggestions are welcome. It might be fun to make something from Bisquick that we could pile with fresh strawberries (we're getting some especially nice ones from CA these days) and WHIPPED CREAM!!!

Still, I'm open to anything... easy.

Sharen
Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #189

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Quote:
I have a question for anybody: Where is the best place to find a used, stainless steel washer tub like the one at last Fall's NOG? I have called a local appliance repair place, and they have used porcelain tubs for $10, but no stainless tubs.

If I can't find a stainless tub, I'll probably spring for the porcelain one. It sure makes a difference sitting around the campfire!

Linda -- Bob and I will join your Thursday Dutch Oven potluck. Not sure what we'll bring yet, but we'll be there with the DO!

Adonna
Just wanted to spread the word that my good friends Char & Dennis were able to locate a stainless steel tub for me here in Eugene.
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:56 PM   #190

TA-DAAAAA

Raspberry Cobbler
1 cn Raspberry pie filling (large)
1 Yellow cake mix
4 Eggs
1 cn 7up
Cooking oil
1 Bag Kingsford charcoal

Mix cake following directions using 1/2 of 7up for part of liquid and 4 eggs. Mix pie filling and 1/2 can of 7up and pour in dutch oven. Carefully pour cake mix batter on top of raspberries ( do not mix). Cook 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees place 8 coals on top of dutch oven and 16 coals on bottom. Check cobler with tooth pick after 20 minutes. Serve cobbler with cool whip of vanilla ice cream.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:35 PM   #191

Okay that little white dog looks like something I want to squeeze, how cute is He ?she? (from someone who is partial to cats of course) Can't wait to meet everyone. and your little dog too....
Old 04-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #192

Also as I said befor I am bringing my ice cream maker AND the ingredients, not sure I specified that last part. Will go nicely with the dutch oven yummy thing. Brandy
Old 04-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #193

That sounds like a good desert. Here is a simple one like the one you saw, we saw it made at the international convention in LaPine last year. It's a little too rich for me but Dale loves it.

Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake
2 21oz. cans Wilderness cherry pie filling
1 package chocolate cake mix
1 12oz can sprite, 7up or club soda

Spread the pie filling evenly in the bottom of the oven. Mix the soda and cake mix together and spread evenly over the pie filling. Do not mix with pie filling.

Cook for about 40 minutes. Serve with a dollup of cool whip.

We can show you how to rotate the lid and bottom to let it cook evenly.

Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM   #194

Quote:
Also as I said befor I am bringing my ice cream maker AND the ingredients, not sure I specified that last part. Will go nicely with the dutch oven yummy thing. Brandy
Yup, have the stuff for the apple crisp including the apple peelers and brown sugar. Home made ice cream and hot apple topping. Yummmm.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #195

I also have one that has strawberries and marshmellows, and yellow cake mix.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #196

Quote:
Yup, have the stuff for the apple crisp including the apple peelers and brown sugar. Home made ice cream and hot apple topping. Yummmm.

I have one of those apple pellers that suctions to the counter and you just spin the apple in this post and it peels it..do you need me to bring it? Brandy
Old 04-23-2008, 04:27 PM   #197

Quote:
I have one of those apple pellers that suctions to the counter and you just spin the apple in this post and it peels it..do you need me to bring it? Brandy
We have two that screw on to the table and I think those will work better on picnic tables. Thanks for the offer. These two peel, core and slice which will speed up the process.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:37 PM   #198

Quote:
We have two that screw on to the table and I think those will work better on picnic tables. Thanks for the offer. These two peel, core and slice which will speed up the process.

Great, just checking!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #199

It has been so cold and 60 mph winds and miserible weather today. I sure hope that the wind blows all the horrible weather away and leaves sunny skies.

How are the storms on the ocean Gil and Kathy?

Weather reports still say, this storm will blow the clouds away and dryer days start tomorrow. I think they are teasing us.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #200

I am a member of a book discussion group here on Whidbey Island. I'll be bringing a bag of books I want to unload, so if you're interested, let me know. How about getting together for an hour of sharing "good reads" and a book exchange? Bring some books along that you'd like to unload too. I know it's last minute, but let's see if we can make this happen.

- Sharen