Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #81

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Not yet Paul, there's only two trailers out in the hinterlands right now. If it becomes a popular spot, I'll certainly start one up.

TWO MONTHS TO GO! Got your nametag started???
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #82

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
So is it time to not start organizing? Like for the dutch oven/everyone welcome potluck on Thursday night at our campsite? This time we will bring a pop up and make sure everyone can stay dry. Won't that insure that it will be a dry day?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:39 PM   #83

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
This time we will bring a pop up and make sure everyone can stay dry. Won't that insure that it will be a dry day?
Of course it will, whenever I've had my E-Z-Up I've never needed, but forget it and

I'm taking it to NOG and I'll definitely take it to the Oregon Gathering (last year was the first year I didn't have it and of course it RAINED).
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:01 PM   #84

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Of course it will, whenever I've had my E-Z-Up I've never needed, but forget it and

I'm taking it to NOG and I'll definitely take it to the Oregon Gathering (last year was the first year I didn't have it and of course it RAINED).
I'll throw my E-Z-Up in the truck too. If we have enough of them maybe we can scare away the rain gods.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #85

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Chari Benckendorf will be in site A17!! Checking in April 25 and heading out April 28. Can't wait! Woo Hoo! Champoeg or Bust!

And thanks Donna for your email, yes I did forget everything, it's been a while since I have been on here. See ya in April.

Chari.
Chari Benckendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:09 AM   #86

Every time I see the ads for Easter candy with the many colored peeps I think about Byron telling us that they make the best roasted marshmellows. We will have to bring some to the NOG and test that.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #87

Okay, I am so impatient for it to get to be spring. I am just thinking about the campout. Totally unplanned but thinking about the early bird potluck in our space Thursday night with dutch oven features. Then don't we do the hot dog marshmellow roaste in Donna's space with our special smoke directer fire pit? Are we having a beer exchange Friday night Donna? Then of course the big pot luck on Saturday night at Donna's space. Then we do a Sunday breakfast? How did it go last fall? We didn't get to stay for that.

And the name tag contest. I can't find mine Donna, can I just make some more? How about a marshmellow one? Then when we are done I can just eat it? Maybe not. Maybe I will have to think a little harder.

We will bring some firewood, and our pop up and two dutch ovens. If you have never used your oven feel free to bring it Thursday and we will be glad to help you get started. You are welcome to stack with ours or make a stack beside.

Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #88

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
I'm reading in some of the posts an understanding of certain activities that may be known or assumed by those previous attendees and I am wondering where one might find a list of possible events for those who have never been to a rally before. Beer exchange/ pot luck, early bird? Name tags: are these to be worn on the person, placed on the site, are these to be utilitarian or outrageous? Please share the secrets or tell me where to find the secret decoder ring? Imagine that you are coming for the first time ever to a rally, what should I bring to be able to fully participate
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:09 AM   #89

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
I'm reading in some of the posts an understanding of certain activities that may be known or assumed by those previous attendees and I am wondering where one might find a list of possible events for those who have never been to a rally before. Beer exchange/ pot luck, early bird? Name tags: are these to be worn on the person, placed on the site, are these to be utilitarian or outrageous? Please share the secrets or tell me where to find the secret decoder ring? Imagine that you are coming for the first time ever to a rally, what should I bring to be able to fully participate
For me, it's martinis!!!!
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #90

Since this is not only the Northern Oregon gathering, it is also the not organized gathering. Donna just wants to enjoy so doesn't do a lot of planning and lets things take place on their own. She does do the name tag contest. They are to be worn on the person and can just be simple to let us know what to call you or they can be as weird as you dare to wear.

Tradition has Saturday being a community potluck and campfire and Sunday has been a community breakfast but that is usually planned by Nancy and Mike. We have a washtub that goes on the community fire pit to keep the smoke going up so that it makes for better sitting around the fire.

Optional things have evolved over time and change gathering to gathering. Nothing has been planned for daytime so far. At other gatherings beading classes or photo classes have happened but that is up to the person who would want to teach it. If there is something you want to add, Donna leaves that up to you to plan and see if anyone is interested. We will probibly go into Canby and do some geocaching Friday.

We like to do the early bird dutch oven gathering to get everyone in the spirit. It is open to everyone even if you don't have dutch ovens but provides a time to compare and learn more about dutch oven cooking. It usually happens around 6 with people gathering around the table and meeting each other, and playing catch up since the last gathering.

Since people don't like to have too many potlucks, Friday is usually just a gathering to visit and some cook hot dogs and marshmellow. But we do our part of the planning with Thursday. Then we just play it by ear for the rest. Stay tuned to see if Nancy and Mike have a list for Sunday or if enough want to do a beer exchange or any other activities. Remember this is the northern Oregon none organized gathering.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #91

Quote:
We usually also create a horseshoe place and everyone is welcome to come throw a few.
HEY GIL!!!!!

Dillon & Riley got a horseshoe set for Christmas.....boy are they excited to see you!!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 11:40 AM   #92

Registry
OK OK OK, Since we've started talking about stuff going on at NOG I'll add this to mix. Vivian asked me about a "Bake Packer". I promised her I'd bring mine and do a demonstration. I might as well invite all to attend said demo. At around 10:30 am on Saturday I'll be making my famous "Biscuits and Gravy, finger food" using one or two Bake Packers.

For those that don't about Bake Packer, it's an item and method of cooking that came out close 20 years. The primary users are backpackers, hence the Bake Packer. It's a very simple way of cooking with no mess to clean up. You can read more about it at the manufacturer's web site.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #93

Registry
Ooops. Where is my Bake Packer demo going to be? At campsite A12..

See ya'all there.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #94

And don't forget, for things to do during the day, the park has a museum and garden to explore as well as nicely maintained bike trails. We will be bringing our folding bikes but we can never keep up with some of the serious bike riders who ride 5 miles each way to get a newspaper.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #95

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft
Quote:
HEY GIL!!!!!

Dillon & Riley got a horseshoe set for Christmas.....boy are they excited to see you!!!!!
Hey, Dillon and Riley!
You bet get to practicing because it's sunny here in Wapato and I'm getting my arm warmed up! Hope your 'shoes don't rust over there on the westside!
Gil & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:24 PM   #96

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Widebody Burro
Hi Gil - I've been wondering how Blackjack is doing. Will he be joining the reunion at Champoeg, or will he be staying home?

Adonna =^..^=
Adonna & Bob Roelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #97

Quote:
Hope your 'shoes don't rust over there on the westside!

Boy, you got that right! Looking forward to seeing you guys, hope you are bringing some of that
D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S salsa!

Sharon
Old 03-19-2008, 12:34 AM   #98

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Quote:
For me, it's martinis!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cory H & I will be Newbies to the EggNOG, too!! I'll look for ideas, too! How many come on Thursday? We have reservations starting on 25th....We're really excited about it! Cory got to show Jr. off @ Bandon, & I'm looking forward to seeing Burrito, as her brother Steve Hilby has done a lot to it!! So glad we found out about FRV!!!! Karen L.
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:23 AM   #99

Last fall there must have been thirty people at our early bird potluck in the pouring rain and this time from the reservations there may be 15 eggs or more coming in early. I didn't know about the yurts or b loop. With about 35 units signed up that should give you an idea.

And I promise to bring our easy up so no one should have to eat in the pouring rain. Space A23.

And if you are a newbie, firewood at the campground costs about $4.00 a bundle for about four or five pieces. If you have room throw some firewood in.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #100

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Registry
Dear Newbies
As you can guess by the previous posts, the food is great at these gatherings. Don't forget you bicycles. The park has a great series of paved trails and a dog run. The museum is also worth a visit as well as the tavern in the nearby town.

Also, Donna would like the NOG to stand for the non-organized gathering in addition to the norther Oregon gathering.

See you on Thursday with our dutch oven.

Dennis, Charlene and Luna
Dennis Urso is offline   Reply With Quote