Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2008, 06:03 PM   #161

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Quote:
Brandy, does this mean you're not coming?

--Peter

I've been upgraded to the fancy side. A31 I think. See you there....anyone bringing semi small children? debating on this one still. Brandy
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:12 PM   #162

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
This week we were in Harley (our Burro) planning for our NOG journey. Alas, bad medical news for Vicki's mother means our trip is cancelled. The good news for hopefuls is that site A27 will be up for grabs as I am about to cancel the reservation. Hope someone from the group and snap it up.
cheers, and hoping we'll see you in the fall.
Ian
Ian & Vicki

So sorry you won't be there - we sure enjoyed visiting with you last fall. Best wishes to you and Vicki's mom. Hope to see you next fall!

Dave & Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #163

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
PeterH, I just happen to be from B.C. and I do not know if there are any others. Do you not have bulk smarties in the USA? Please be a bit more specific or the reasons why you can not. In spite of Democratic candidates there is free trade between our fair lands. I would not want to just happen to have a kg of smarties and some one else or several others to just happen to have a kg. of smarties.
It's a trademark thing. In the US "Smarties" are aspirin-sized, tart, chalky candies. In Canada and England they are something like "M & M" chocolates, except the sugar shell is flavored and the chocolate is (IMHO) smoother and better tasting. In England the orange colored Smarties have an orange-chocolate flavor, too.

I am their faithful fan, but because of the trademark thing you can't get chocolate Smarties in the US except in tiny, expensive little boxes at found only at "import" shops.

My other favorite sweets are British Kit Kat bars, Flake bars, and Iced Gems. My brother in Germany sends me Flake bars for Christmas. You are what you eat and all of that.

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 AM   #164

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
A32 will be available for the NOG this next weekend. Chris has come down with the flu and won't be able to come to the gathering. She asked me to let you know that you can contact her directly to take her site if you want to avoid transfer fees. She has reservations from Thursday through Sunday. Her phone number is 726-8416. If she hasn't heard from anyone by tomorrow she will cancel her reservation and it will be open through the park reservations.
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #165

Trailer: 1988 19 ft Scamp
Brandy,

Our boys (4 and 6) are bringing their smallish parents. They'd love to have other kids to play with. We are in site A35. I think that Sharon is bringing her twin boys as well.

-Isaac
Isaac M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:19 PM   #166

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Quote:
Sharon [b]with or without gang will be in A-24

Isaac,

Hmmm, it's looking like "without" for this trip. Although that could change! Are you going to Bandon? They will DEFINATELY be there!

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #167

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
For anyone coming from Canada, the baking powder is called Magic baking powder. We can not get it in the US and Dale's family all use it. I like my waffles but without the right powder he won't make any.

Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:56 PM   #168

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
We live in B.C. we are willing to bring those special items from Canada like smarties and magic baking powder but since there is a general request and I do not want to see peterh with several kg. of Smarties or linda with several jars of Magic Baking powder because all possible people from Canada have been generous. Please PM us directly and make the request and we will do what we can to satisfy your longings.
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:02 PM   #169

Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 ft (My Burrito!)
Quote:
Me. I am ready. Hurry up spring. Dale got the new grey water tank all installed and hooked up to everything so our little egg is ready to roll. We are doing a dutch oven cooking event tomorrow so maybe we will have some new recipes for the early bird dinner. This time we will bring our pop up 10 by 10 so everyone can get out of the rain. But that will make it not rain, if we come prepared, right?

Hi Linda & Dale! I bought a 10x10 last noc..not a pop up, but a "put up" I always feel if you're prepared, then the event (rain!) doesn't happen!! I think it'll work for snow 2, as we keep getting hail & snow....Nothing lasting, thank goodness! Sure looking forward to the EggNOG! 1st, but 2nd time in Bandon...Great bunch of people!! Karen L.
Karen L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:09 PM   #170

Quote:
We live in B.C. we are willing to bring those special items from Canada like smarties and magic baking powder but since there is a general request and I do not want to see peterh with several kg. of Smarties or linda with several jars of Magic Baking powder because all possible people from Canada have been generous. Please PM us directly and make the request and we will do what we can to satisfy your longings.
Hi Kent! My camping partner Cory has a compact Jr, & will be in A45....My Burrito has a new outlook on life thanks to her brother!! I love those Sesame Crisps, but can no longer find them here! TG I can buy Northern Gold made in Coquittlim (sp?) If you think to throw in a few Sesame
crisps (or snaps?) I'll pay you for them!! I partially grew up in BC!! Karen L.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #171

Trailer: 77 Scamp
Quote:
Brandy,

Our boys (4 and 6) are bringing their smallish parents. They'd love to have other kids to play with. We are in site A35. I think that Sharon is bringing her twin boys as well.

-Isaac
Good to know, I am still up in the air about sneaking off by myself or bringing the kiddo with me, he wouldn't be happy to know I went of for an adventure without him..but quite grown up time tough choice. Thanks B...hey need some toys? I have boy stuff I am trying to get out of here, cars, a light brigh and a few other GI Joe type guys let me know.
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #172

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Quote:
Wow, this doesn't look good!

Friday, Apr 25
High: 60 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
RainyFriday Night, Apr 25
Low: 48 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F

Saturday, Apr 26
High: 52 °F RealFeel®: 51 °F
Colder with rainSaturday Night, Apr 26
Low: 44 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F

Sunday, Apr 27
High: 53 °F RealFeel®: 48 °F
RainSunday Night, Apr 27
Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 39 °F
Rain

Rain, rain, go away, come again some other day!
SHARON!!!!

Now we know who's responsible for the SNOW and HAIL in the area!!
AND the below-freezing nights!

The above forecast doesn't look so bad now, does it?
Cory
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:19 AM   #173

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
[quote]We need tables for the potlucks too.

And, don't forget your name tags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay on the beer exchange on Friday night.

No potluck Friday night, but we'll have a big fire going in the NOG tub if you want to roast a hotdog or two before you crisp your Peeps.

I don't eat breakfast, unless you count gallons of coffee. If someone wants to organize the Sunday breakfast... have at it.

Sun, everyone is tasked with bringing Sun
Attachment 12636

So, so far we bring???:

1) Beer for Friday beer exchange --- is that in the evening?
2) Food and tables for early bird potluck---but when is that?
3) Bicycles--to get where?
4) You put an "s" on potluck---is there another one, too? When is that? So bring what for that?
5) Firewood
6) Peeps & hot dogs if you wish to use the fire Friday night
7) Name tags---for our jackets or for our camping spots? Are there certain ones we're supposed to already have, or what?
8) Do I need to bring any of the following? Apple crisp, ice cream, breakfast item to share...
9) Is there a trailer tour? (Should I bring a clean trailer?)
10) What's an E-Z up?
11) Anything else we should bring for community events or that we might not otherwise bring?

Cory
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #174

I will try to address some of the questions you have Cory.

1. The beer exchange should happen during the campfire which should be about 6pm in space A19 Donna's space.
2. Early bird potluck is Thursday night in space A23 at 6pm (Linda and Dale's space) Should not need extra tables but do bring your chairs. We will have an easy up for that event and a few extra tables for food.
3. Champoeg park has a large, set of bike trails, that lead through the woods, as well as by the river, to a historical museum, and maybe even a small town about five miles away. I know they have miles and miles of trails but this will be our first time with bikes. Gil is the expert on the bike trails.
4. Saturday night is the main pot luck and that is where the extra tables for food comes in. If the weather should dare to be threatening we will need extra easy ups there. And of course your chairs. I would guess the pot luck is at 6pm. It will be in Donna's space. A19 where we will have our offical NOG firepit.
In general, you will need a chair at all things, just drag your folding chair with you to everything. Also at all potlucks you will need your own drinks, plates, napkins and silverware. Don't forget to bring something to serve your pot luck dish with.)
5. Firewood is good. It costs $4.00 or so a bundle which is about four or five small pieces so bringing wood from home saves money and helps to have a big community fire going most of the weekend. Many also want a fire going in their own campsite so bring accordingly. Some of our campers are traveling a long distance and won't be able to bring firewood so we try to bring enough to keep the fire going for two or three evenings in the community fire pit.
6. Peeps are just a fun thing. Most will just bring marshmellows and hot dogs for Friday night. And of course the six pack of your favorite beer to trade with others. ( don't forget the openers if you like the fancy not twiste type of beer)
7. We have never yet had camp spot name tages. Not that it is a bad thing but this is the not organized camp out so that entails a lot more work than we want to go through. Name tags are mostly so that we don't just keep calling each other hey, trillium guy. Or Casita lady. It's so we aren't strangers.
7a. Now some will bring things to make their campsite unque. We like to bring a set of Christmas type lights shaped like trailers and a pair of pink flamegos to decorate our site. Everyone is different. I think one person brings a bear in their trailer and one brings a bear to set outside of their trailer. Go hog wild and decorate or just come and simply enjoy the campsite the park provides. All is right with this group.
8. Breakfast has been Nancy and Mikes planned event but so far no one has said anything about it, so we may just all sleep in on Sunday morning. Unless someone (Byron?) wants to step up and see what others want to bring.
8a. I think all the ingrediants for the ice cream and topping are already being brought. Just bring a bowl and spoon Saturaday afternoon? and enjoy. Help is welcome to run the peelers, and turn the icecreamer.
9. We don't do trailer touring as our cat is very antisocial. Many come to visit Dalls but only on his terms. Trailer tours in such a small group are usually casual. If someone is sitting outside, you just say, can I see what the inside looks like and they usually let you. But there is no offical time for looking in everyone's trailer like at Bullard beach.
10. An easy up is a 10 by 10 foot metal with cloth cover that comes out of a bag and can be set up in about 1 to 2 minutes to provide shade or rain protection. It's just a general term to cover most pop ups that don't require putting part e into slot g.

In general, the simple things are dishes for eating at the potlucks, firewood if you want a fire, and don't forget your chairs. Pick a chair that is easy to drag to different locations. Oh and be sure to bring lots of sunshine. I hope this helps.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:32 PM   #175

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
Corey,

Here are some pics from last year Fall Champoeg Nog There's some good shots of the bike trails and the pot lucks. There are great bike trails around the park and a fun ride into the General Store at Butteville which is now part of the park, although I am not sure if they are open yet but it's a pretty ride, about 2 miles each way, Saturday looks like a good day for that ride and we'd also be happy to organize a ride if folks would like to go.

There is a great disc golf course just across the creek from the campground- anyone is welcome to join us (we are beginners) We will bring extra discs.

No breakfast potluck Sunday morning???? I'll make my Apple Streudel french toast if others would like to pitch in....Dave is making Chicken Cordon Bleu for Thursday early birds, Saturday I'll make Asian Chicken noodle salad and Dave will make his famous (infamous?) bread pudding with bourbon cream sauce.

Karen L. - an easy up will not survive the snow - we were at Cape Disappointment on the Washington coast a couple of weekends ago - woke up to snow Sunday and a collapsed easy up - bought a new one for this weekend so we expect lots of sunshine !

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:07 AM   #176

Quote:
Corey,

Here are some pics from last year Fall Champoeg Nog There's some good shots of the bike trails and the pot lucks. There are great bike trails around the park and a fun ride into the General Store at Butteville which is now part of the park, although I am not sure if they are open yet but it's a pretty ride, about 2 miles each way, Saturday looks like a good day for that ride and we'd also be happy to organize a ride if folks would like to go.

There is a great disc golf course just across the creek from the campground- anyone is welcome to join us (we are beginners) We will bring extra discs.

No breakfast potluck Sunday morning???? I'll make my Apple Streudel french toast if others would like to pitch in....Dave is making Chicken Cordon Bleu for Thursday early birds, Saturday I'll make Asian Chicken noodle salad and Dave will make his famous (infamous?) bread pudding with bourbon cream sauce.

Karen L. - an easy up will not survive the snow - we were at Cape Disappointment on the Washington coast a couple of weekends ago - woke up to snow Sunday and a collapsed easy up - bought a new one for this weekend so we expect lots of sunshine !

Kathie
Thanks for all the info! Cory asked me to go to the site & pass it on to her...We'll be coming down Caravan Friday in our trailers with our 4 legged boys! Sure looking forward to the trip!! Karen
Old 04-22-2008, 01:19 AM   #177

Quote:
Corey,

Kathie
Hi Katie & Dave! Great pictures of the last NOG....It's probably been 30 yrs. since I've been to Champogue! I lived in Portland 10 years, but camping was done in tents! See ya @ the EggNOG! Karen
Old 04-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #178

Kathie, are you able to volunteer to orginize the Sunday breakfast? We can bring a toaster and a couple of loaves of bread, margerine and maybe some jam as well as a dozen eggs.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #179

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
Kathie, are you able to volunteer to orginize the Sunday breakfast? We can bring a toaster and a couple of loaves of bread, margerine and maybe some jam as well as a dozen eggs.
Carrie and I are bringing enuff to make the beer pancakes again..... leaving in the morning... Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:49 PM   #180

Trailer: 1997 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe (aka 'The Cramper')
AS WE READY OUR CASITA FOR THIS FIRST FUN MEET-UP OF 2008...

"Where the #@%* did I put the padlock key?"

"It needs more Fabreeze."

"I thought YOU cleaned out the frig last fall..."

"Eeee-uuuuu... Where'd all these spiders come from?"

"Oh, that is so gross."

"Well, it better be sunny and warm."

NOAA weather service for Portland, OR...
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick....eld2=-122.73139

Thursday: A 30 percent chance of showers . Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54 . Southwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Thursday Night: A 20 percent chance of showers . Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38 .

Friday: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny , with a high near 56.

Friday Night: Patchy fog after 11pm . Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 42 .

Saturday: Patchy fog before 11am . Otherwise, sunny with a high near 64

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 44.

Sunday: Partly sunny with a high near 62

Sunday Night: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a low around 44.

Monday: A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 60.
HeathGal is offline   Reply With Quote