Northern Oregon Gathering - Spring Event, Part 2 - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM   #121

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #122

Trailer: 1987 20 ft Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Hi, Donna.

We just got site 29A reserved, arriving on April 27 and leaving the morning of April 29. My husband, Chris, and our 9 year-old daughter, Meg, will be joining me.

We will be bringing our 1989 17' Bigfoot because our brand new-to-us 1984 Bigfoot 5th-wheel needs lots of work (and we won't have the new pickup we ordered yet either). :-) This will be our first time at one of these gatherings so we are looking forward to it. Thanks!

Maureen
Maureen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #123

Another newbie to the NOG, coool Maureen!! I'll update the map and listing on the first post tonight.

Now, get started on your nametags

We'll start discussions about Saturday potluck, etc sometime the end of next week.

Old 04-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #124

Trailer: Perris Pacer 1979
Hello Donna and anyone else who reads this...

Have you found Gina D.'s newest "Repair your Rig" gathering in Southern CA? I think that would be nice to add to our Northern Oregon Gathering. I have outdoor lighting problems and have never been able to get them fixed. Paid 197.00 to dealership, and they still never worked. So, I'd appreciate any help I could get along that line. I could bring all kind of parts, if someone could just show me how to reconnect or replace wire if need be. Once again, I'm driving down to Waterloo with some lights working and some not. I think Spring would be a great time to present something like this in preperation for July. Lighting is my one and only problem, butI also like the front little dining table I saw today.

Also, am calling about a washing maching tub, too. Talk to you later. Chari
Chari Benckendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 03:47 PM   #125

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
I'll be in slot 31. Just me or my son and I; Lynne has other plans that weekend.

--Peter
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 06:00 PM   #126

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Hi Chari:

I'll be across the road from you, and if I can remember to bring some tools I can take a stab at it. Bring spare bulbs and some fuses, if you can.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #127

Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Registry
For anyone who wants Scamp parts and will be at the NOG, please see Scamp Gaucho Parts + 5th Wheel Loft Bed
peterh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM   #128

Hello Per, Yes, we've met, and I've seen the inside of your trailer. Oh, thank you so much for trying to help me. I just hated to try another dealership. I'll bring tools, light bulbs etc, and electrical wire and those screw tips. I'll start getting my stuff ready to go now. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Chari
Old 04-04-2007, 02:11 PM   #129

Quote:
1. Haven't done anything about the fire pit...guess I'd better get on that!

2. Name tag can be placed anywhere on your body. I'm bringing a staple gun, forehead might work?

3. E-Z-Up (which ain't) are available just about anyplace. G.I. Joes, Bi-Mart, Freddy's, etc. Check the sales ads tho...prices vary (and colors!). Actually Quik-Shade (brand name) is the same thing...and comes in a wider variety of colors...if you're interested.

4. I'm READY TOO

Hello Donna, I don't have it in my hot little hands yet, but a second hand appliance store here in Salem, is saving me a washing machine tub to pick up tomorrow at noon(4/5/07), free. He said they have them all the time for folks just like us - to use as fire pits. So, if you don't hear anything else from me, you'll know I got it and am bringing it to Waterloo.
I'm so anxious for this gathering, love and miss all my friends. Chari
Old 04-04-2007, 04:32 PM   #130

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Kristen Beck Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen Beck
Hi Donna,
My husband and I are purchasing our very first scamp this weekend in Salem. I saw your website while on the prowl for a scamp and really like it. You have loads of information, I especially like the Solar hook up article. Anyway I am thinking we might sign up for the scamp out you are having in april. We have never attended one of these, well since we have never owned a fiberglass "rest egg", Silly, I know. Anyway, what sort of things do you do at the gatherings? Very interested, please let me know. Thanks so much

Kristen Beck
Medford, Oregon
Kristen Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #131

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Welcome Kristen. I remember ( was it just a few short months ago) when I asked the same questions. And the answer I got was, we eat and visit and eat and show off our rigs. Actually they told me at the time that you can do as much or as little as you want. I hear that there is good fishing in the river right now. Last time we had a beading class. There were several pot lucks around the fire pit and I even learned how to make sushi. Some people sit around and visit and some go exploring. We got to see Joy's great photos of her trip to Alaska last time and met lots of nice people.

Because of this group we don't have a wet bed. The AC had loosened the screws and we were getting rain in but the local repair place wanted almost $200.00 to replace the gaskets. Thanks to the kind people here, we were told how to get to the screws and tighten them, (and they were loose), so we now have a dry bed and won't loose our AC next time we head down the road.

I see that you are from Medford. Several of us coming to this event are from southern Oregon. We are actually in Riddle. Please come and have some fun and meet others that are as crazy about their eggs as you are and also see all the different kinds of eggs that there are. Hope to see you in just a few short weeks.

Is it time yet Donna?
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #132

Welcome Kristen and husband...

Congratulations on your new Scamp....they are a real popular fiberglass RV, and you can't beat the resale value on fiberglass. Actually, once you have one, you don't want to get rid of it.

Please get signed up for NOG, the last of this month...and also for the Oregon Gathering at Bullard's Beach in July...you'll meet Nancy and Mike at NOG. (They head up the Oregon Gathering in July.) You will meet some of most wonderful, friendly people ever. I've been to all of the NOG events, and it's grown each time.

Also, I'm located in Salem, and own a 1979 Perris Pacer. I hope to see an email here to Donna with your arrival date and space number. Again, WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Already your Fiberglass RV Friend.

Chari
Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #133

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Kristen Beck Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen Beck
Quote:
Welcome Kristen and husband...

Congratulations on your new Scamp....they are a real popular fiberglass RV, and you can't beat the resale value on fiberglass. Actually, once you have one, you don't want to get rid of it.

Please get signed up for NOG, the last of this month...and also for the Oregon Gathering at Bullard's Beach in July...you'll meet Nancy and Mike at NOG. (They head up the Oregon Gathering in July.) You will meet some of most wonderful, friendly people ever. I've been to all of the NOG events, and it's grown each time.

Also, I'm located in Salem, and own a 1979 Perris Pacer. I hope to see an email here to Donna with your arrival date and space number. Again, WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!

Already your Fiberglass RV Friend.
Thank you everyone for your kind invitation. Your gatherings sound like a blast! Due to husbands job we may not be able to make this one but I have already told him to get the july 19-22nd off for the Bandon gathering, can't wait. I did read something about a wiener roast, smores and martinis, sounds like my kind of crowd! Nothing like smores and martinis around a camp fire. Will do my best to get up for april's camp out, even if for one night. Thanks again and I can't wait to meet everyone.

Kris Beck
Kristen Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:59 AM   #134

Gosh, I haven't read all the recent posts and at everything that's happening

Welcome to FiberglassRV Kristen! And Yes, please try to make the NOG...we DO have a lot of fun...you'll have to get in touch with Nancy about the Oregon Gathering in July...the park is sold out and has been for several months...you'll need to get on the "wait list."

Chari, too cool about getting us a firepit. I've been dragging my feet on that one...don't need anymore junk around the house that only gets used once a year....thanks for taking care of this

Okay, got to get to work...
Old 04-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #135

Trailer: 17 ft 2001 Casita Freedom Deluxe (one eyed CatSita)
in the unlikely event that anyone is interested: on the way to the NOG
we will be going to long beach, washington for the 3 day razor clam season...april 20-22 and staying at the pacific holiday rv park. the non resident license is $6.93. more info if anyone one is interested.
Lou & Lora E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #136

Quote:
Chari, too cool about getting us a firepit. I've been dragging my feet on that one...don't need anymore junk around the house that only gets used once a year....thanks for taking care of this

Okay, got to get to work...
Hi Donna, Yes, I'm leaving right now to go and pick it up...but was planning to send it home with you...as the leader of the NOG.

I'll email you as soon as I have it in my hot little hands.

Chari
Old 04-08-2007, 07:40 PM   #137

Trailer: Bigfoot 17 ft Gaucho
Is there any schedule or agenda for the time at this gathering? I haven't noticed.

thanks

Eric
Ericpa3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:24 PM   #138

The NOG is about as unscheduled as it can get in a crowd. So far the only thing we have as a known is the Friday Night Weiner Feed and S'mores Roasting. The Weiner feed is bring-your-own and the S'more's is kinda potluck. I suppose there's going to be a Saturday Night Potluck and Sunday Breakfast potluck...those are kind of a given. No planned anything else...plenty of lawnchair time around the campfire, Saturday afternoon naps, etc. It's a great area for bicycle riding/walking and I guess...fishing. Trailer tours are if you find someone standing near their trailer...ask to see it

How's your name tags coming along
Old 04-09-2007, 11:02 AM   #139

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Working on my name tag . . . . so many things to put on it . . how to miniaturize so I'm not wearing a billboard . . . knowing that all these years as a computer programmer have scrubbed every last grain of creativity out of my mind . . . camping experiences coming into play (must waterproof it) . . . . pressure . . . . pressure . . . . . I may just bring a box of stick-on name tags and a big Sharpie

As usual, I will be learning from all of you (Dollars-to-donuts we have some over-achieving scrapbookers out there - yes, you know who you are - perhaps we can have a workshop on name and campsite signage??)

Looking forward to NOG - especially the weiny roast and s'mores - rare treats
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:57 PM   #140

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
I may just bring a box of stick-on name tags and a big Sharpie. We have some over-achieving scrapbookers out there.

Looking forward to NOG - especially the weiny roast and s'mores - rare treats
Are we not going to just use a 3 X 5 card with our names on it? Oh, that's right we are supposed to come up with special ones. Really, Donna, I have been putting a lot of thought into our name tags. Now I just have to deside on a design and get it made.

I wouldn't mind learning how to make a campsite sign too.

We will be there for the Friday weinie roast and smores. And we would be glad to bring a gaint salad and dressing for the potluck on Saturday night. And a dozen or two eggs for the Sunday breakfast.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote