NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #61

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
I will have my constant companion with me as well, my bed warmer and best bud, Sebastian.
Cat futrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #62

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Dog rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat futrell View Post
I will have my constant companion with me as well, my bed warmer and best bud, Sebastian.

Did we meet you and Sebastian at Millers Ferry in March 2012?
Thinkin of a pup about German Sheperd size. Seems it was grayish in color.

Jean will likely have her 2, our 2, Linda's big 1, George's 1, and maybe some more we don't know about.

Might be enough furry critters for their own rally!

This is just getting better and better!

Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #63

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Welcome to the most recent folks to make reservations! 3 U-hauls, must be a mini rally!? I count 11 RVs, 1 cabin and 18 folks so far. I just spoke with Diane at Happy Holiday and she confirmed the number of reservations and our 20% discount so be sure to mention it when you check in.

We have the club house reserved from 6 pm on Friday and Sat. evenings. I was told there is seating for 25 so if our numbers go up a lot some folks will need to bring seats. But that isn't a pressing matter right now.

I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #64

Name: Linda
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 25B21FB & 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Hmm...!

Jean,

Could you check this out!

Shouldn't Don (djtriceflt) actually count as TWO reservations.

One camper site and one cabin.

If so, haven't we reached the 20% discount?

Kip
I was going to ask the same thing.
LindaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #65

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaLee View Post
I was going to ask the same thing.

Now I feel guilty.

To make it up to ya. On Saturday morning I'm putting everything else aside and fixin the 3 of us some biscuits and some of that great sausage gravy you introduced us to. You did real good on that!

Might even have that for supper tonight. Along with a dozen Bantam eggs we just got from our son. It's a hoot watching him collect them. Those Bantam hens aren't as benevolent as the big red hens..

Kip
Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #66

Florida
Registry
Kip,

Wasn't me at that rally. This will be my first. and... once you meet Sebastian you will never forget him. He is about 100 lbs of lovin'. Golden/Lab mix. Great guy, can't wait for him to make some new friends too.

Cathy
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #67

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Cathy,

Next to Sebastian our 15 lb Shih Tsu might feel like a fly next to a horse, but don't worry one of Bentley's best play mates is a 80 lb Labradoodle.

George
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #68

Florida
Registry
George,

No worries, one of Sebastian's best friends is a 7 lb poodle. He gets on his belly so she wont be afraid.

Cathy
Old 08-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #69

Two more couples, John & Elizabeth from VA and John & Marilyn from GA, have made reservations. Yippee!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #70

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Hello Jean,
We signed up for site 83 for the 12th and 13th. See Y'all then!
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:23 AM   #71

North Carolina
Just took a glance at the 2012 Rally Calendar looking for other Rallys close enough to attend and did not see our Rally listed or posted on the map???
Old 08-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #72

Georgia
This and that!

FWIW: The gray area between 88 and 89 is simply a grassy area. Nothing on it. So whomever is on 88, Congratulations, you will have a nice size front yard.

There is no fire pit there. If we want to have a community fire pit for any reason, there is a new one near the Rec Bldg.

Also, according to the HH manager, Janie, the back creek, most everyone is reserverd on, has a lot larger flow than last year. Seems water was being diverted to the front creek near the road, as we experienced last year.

She said heavy spring rains have re arranged the diversion and the back creek is now larger than it was, and folks are beginning to catch fish from it.

She also said that someone in our group is reserved on the front creek, to the right when entering the park.

Kip
Old 08-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #73

Well, I think I just added it to the calendar and I sent an email asking that the rally be added to the rally map. We'll see.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #74

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Well, I think I just added it to the calendar and I sent an email asking that the rally be added to the rally map. We'll see.
Its on the map now. Sorry I missed the confirmation announcement of the meet as it was buried in an old thread which up until a couple of weeks ago was only discussing the possibility of a rally.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #75

Here are the names and numbers so far:
Kip & Ann (GA) #922
Don & Joyce (FL) D72 & cabin
George & Rhonda (NC) D81
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) D83
Steve (SC) D84
Cathy (FL) D85
Chuck & Kyle (OH) D87
Dick & Muriel (FL) D88
Jane & Greg (SC) D89
Jean (FL) D90
Lynne & David (TN) D91
LindaLee (GA) D92

I count 13 trailers (a baker's dozen) & 1 cabin, with 22 people. We're going to have a great line up on the back creek, the Egg Parade should be a lot of fun and easy to get from one trailer to another. I have no idea who is in site D86 but I have a feeling if they don't have an egg they will feel really weird so we'll have to be sure they are comfortable with all the eggs rolling in around them.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #76

Name: Linda
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 25B21FB & 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
Here are the names and numbers so far:
Kip & Ann (GA) #922
Don & Joyce (FL) D72 & cabin
George & Rhonda (NC) D81
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) D83
Steve (SC) D84
Cathy (FL) D85
Chuck & Kyle (OH) D87
Dick & Muriel (FL) D88
Jane & Greg (SC) D89
Jean (FL) D90
Lynne & David (TN) D91
LindaLee (GA) D92

I count 13 trailers (a baker's dozen) & 1 cabin, with 22 people. We're going to have a great line up on the back creek, the Egg Parade should be a lot of fun and easy to get from one trailer to another. I have no idea who is in site D86 but I have a feeling if they don't have an egg they will feel really weird so we'll have to be sure they are comfortable with all the eggs rolling in around them.
I've been wondering about D86 for a while now. they may decide they want an egg, too!
LindaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #77

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
Jacquie and I have reserved site #915 on October 12-14 for Friday and Saturday night. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Maynard and Jacquie
Dawsonville, GA
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #78

North Carolina
Maynard and Jacquie,

Welcome aboard; glad to have you join us! With a little help from "Mother Nature" this is going to be a great weekend.

George
Old 08-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #79

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Maynard and Jacquie,

Welcome aboard; glad to have you join us! With a little help from "Mother Nature" this is going to be a great weekend.

George
Last year started out kind of rough for us.

We drove 5+ hours in some pretty severe rain to get there. When we arrived it was still raining pretty hard. Of course the dogs needed to be walked. By the time we got inside the camper, We were wet, the dogs were wet and the Casita (Casy) was wet. To add insult to injury we were parked under trees next to the creek and it was hard to distinguished between the creek noises and the heavy rain on top of Casy.

I went out to finish setting up, when the rain slacked off. Casy had attracted a bunch of wet leaves. As had the Honda Ridgeline. They both looked to be wearing "Camouflage" for all practical purposes.

This was our first rally in 20+ years and we were wondering if it was going to be a dismal one. By late afternoon the rain stopped completely.
Time for the dogs to go out again. When we got outside, folks were walking around and finishing their setting up.

From that point on, things just got better and better. No more rain, and the sun appeared. We had a wonderful time and met some great folks. The leaves were magnificant in color.

Looking real forward to this one.

Kip
Old 08-13-2012, 11:09 AM   #80

Cherokee Rally

Welcome Maynard & Jacquie! It will be great to meet you, too! I think we'll have a great time.

I'm going to throw this out now, if anyone plays an instrument like a guitar, dulcimer, harmonica, etc. feel free to bring it. I play the autoharp a little and would enjoy playing with other folks, but I'm not prepared to be the leader of that endeavor. I think it would be another way have some fun.

Tags
fall, rally