NC Oct. 11-13, 2012 Fall Rally in Cherokee NC - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #121

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Thanks for the welcome messages. I spoke with Chandler yesterday and confirmed everything is on schedule for our trailer pickup. I mentioned the invitation to the gathering, and he stated that they would be visiting with family that weekend, so I don't think they will be coming.

We will have a full egg on our site, as my wife, Alison, and I will have our two kids and two dogs along with us. We look forward to meeting everyone and expect to pick up many tips and tricks from all of you seasoned egg owners.

Scott & Alison (GA)
mrscottyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #122

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Gift Exchange

Hi Everybody,
Looking for feed back on this.
Was wondering if anyone would like to participate in a gift exchange Saturday night, after the Pot Luck. And before the musicians start.
We did this at Green Eggs-n-Ham and it was fun.

It would be strictly voluntary.

My thoughts would be to have a $5 limit on the gifts and they should be something useful for camping. Even if it is silly.

All gifts put in a pile. All participants draw a number and pick a gift according to when their number comes up. ie, Number 1 picks first, Number 2 picks 2nd and so forth.

Once a gift is picked, the "Picker" opens it and hold it up for the rest to see, and is stuck...uh...keeps the gift to enjoy! Or you can exchange with a willing person after all gifts are open.

Of course, the "Giver" is not required to identify them self.

Any interest, thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #123

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga.
Hi Everybody,
Looking for feed back on this.
Was wondering if anyone would like to participate in a gift exchange Saturday night, after the Pot Luck. And before the musicians start.
We did this at Green Eggs-n-Ham and it was fun.

It would be strictly voluntary.

My thoughts would be to have a $5 limit on the gifts and they should be something useful for camping. Even if it is silly.

All gifts put in a pile. All participants draw a number and pick a gift according to when their number comes up. ie, Number 1 picks first, Number 2 picks 2nd and so forth.

Once a gift is picked, the "Picker" opens it and hold it up for the rest to see, and is stuck...uh...keeps the gift to enjoy! Or you can exchange with a willing person after all gifts are open.

Of course, the "Giver" is not required to identify them self.

Any interest, thoughts or ideas?

Thanks,
Kip
Sounds fun, we will participate in gift grab. Greg and Jane
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #124

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga.
Hello,

Keep in mind this is strictly voluntary for all folks. No pressure as we intend to have fun at our own leisure and pace.

Thursday 9/20 : Arrive, set up, settle in and meet some folks. If you need help with anything, most anyone with a FGRV type camper can be counted on.

Jean will have name tags for ya. . She is on site 090. Ann and I are on site 922 and will be glad to help any way we can.

Friday AM some of us will likely head to Grandma's kitchen for breakfast Buffet. Anyone wishing to join us would add to the enjoyment. Last year we got a room all to ourselves. Seems there were about 15 people in our group!

Friday evening, very casual get together at the club house, starting 6 pm, bring your own supper, musical instruments, or whatever. Name tags will be available if you haven't gotten yours. ALSO, balloons will be available for you to blow up to hang on your campsite or trailer, to designate your trailer will be "open" for the egg parade. I think Jean has a "Balloon Pump" for that chore. And the balloons can be marked with a Majic marker to be HALOWEENEY,

Saturday, 10 am to 2 pm is the Egg Parade. Probably checking out other folk's trailer mods and ideas on one side of the road from 10:00-11:30 and the other side from 12:30-2:00.
(Gotta stop for lunch and walking the pups.) .

This thing is really fun and even the slightest mod you have done might be exactly what some one is looking for. Of course this is voluntary. You may want to show, or look, or both, or neither. Folks ain't gonna bug ya if a balloon isn't showing.

Saturday, 6 pm, pot luck supper at club house. An abundance of food last year. And delicious. Some of it, I didn't know exactly what it was, but went back for seconds.

Thanks!
We would like to invite everyone attending the Cherokee Fall Rally to a GET AQUAINTED DROP-IN Thursday, Oct. 11, at our site, #89, 7pm-end. We look forward to meeting you all.
Old 09-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #125

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark
Another update, with another addition, so I decided to redo the entire list.

Don & Joyce (FL) 072
Ron & Sharon (GA) 079
Scott (?) 080
George & Rhonda (NC) 081
John & Elizabeth (VA) D82
John & Marilyn (GA) 083
Steve (SC) 084
Cathy (FL) 085
Steve (TN) 087
Dick & Muriel (FL) 088
Jane & Greg (SC) 089
Jean (FL) 090
Lynne & David (TN) 091
LindaLee (GA) 092
Lee & Teri (NC) #099
Peter (MI) 911
George & Maxine (VT) 912
Chuck & Kyle (OH) 913
Maynard & Joyce (GA), 915
Richard & Janet (GA)916
Joe & Leslee (GA) 920
Kip & Ann (GA) 922
Mike (GA) 923

I count 23 trailers, 39 people.

I've only heard from a few about the pot luck (Sat. evening) so I hope more than those few are planning to come, share some food and enjoy the company. Bringing a recipe card of your dish is a great idea, not only in case someone would like the recipe but so folks can check in case they have an allergy to a certain food.

I was told there is seating for 25 in the club house so some folks will need to bring seats.

Will repeat my earlier mention about music, if anyone plays an instrument (guitar, harmonica, fiddle, whatever) please feel free to bring it. I enjoy my autoharp (novice level) and love to play with others. I won't be the only one with an instrument but as we all know the more the merrier.
Count us in on the potluck...Greg and Jane
Old 09-27-2012, 03:16 PM   #126

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane SC View Post
Thanks for the agenda. We are so looking forward to your well organized RALLY. This our second one ever and can't wait to meet everyone and especially see two other UHauls. We are new, but can I make a request?? Here it is: please bring copies of recipes of your potluck dish....I have a feeling you are all awesome cooks and I know we'll want the great recipes.....unless, of course, the ingeedients are a family secret, IE....! anyone related to Colonel Sanders or the Smucker brothers? rPad2 UHaul owners, Jane and Greg

Jane,
Been thinking about your "recipe" suggestion.

How about if I furnish some 3x5 cards and each person write their name, site # and the ingredients in their dish, and sit it under the edge of their pot.

With that info someone that needed the exact recipe would know who to ask.

This is Jean's idea. Also folks with allergies would know what is OK for them to eat.

Would that work? Looking for ideas.

Everyone participating in the Pot Luck please let Jean know.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 09-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #127

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Count us in on the pot luck and gift exchange Saturday.

John and Marilyn
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #128

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
cherokee rally

Jane & Greg, thanks for hosting a meet & greet Thursday evening.

Kip, excellent idea about the index cards! Thanks

Time is flying! 2 weeks from now some of us will be in Cherokee. I'm looking forward to this event.

We are up to 24 trailers and 40 adults. Shorty(AL) is now going to have site #82 and John & Elizabeth (VA) have changed to a 900 number site for full hookups.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:36 PM   #129

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
We would like to come and participate in the rally on Oct. 12-14th. We will be in bunkhouse 1 as we do not have our FGRV yet. I was greatly disappointed that we will not be receiving the rally discount or AARP discount as the person I spoke with said that was only for RVs. ($50 a night for a bunkhouse? You gotta be kidding!) The rally is the only reason we are staying there, for goodness sakes! Our dog, Shopcoat, a golden retriever wanna be is coming with us. Count us in on the potluck and gift exchange. We are so eager to meet and greet and pick your brains on all that is involved with this lovely hobby of traveling in a FGRV. We just retired as in yesterday, and are eager for some new adventures.
- Barry and Susie Westmoreland, Oak Ridge, NC
SusieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #130

Cherokee rally

You may find the cabin to be just fine and it is probably less expensive than staying at a motel somewhere down the road.

There will be plenty of trailers to see and owners to talk with that is for sure. You can look at your rental fees as an investment/learning expense and maybe they will be the last time you have to rent a cabin for a long time.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #131

Arizona
Registry
This is a bunkhouse, not a cabin, but yes, it is our fault in waiting so long to commit. All the cabins are taken.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:20 AM   #132

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Ive been watching you blogs it looks like you guys are going to have a great turn out and no there is no oven in club house hope to get by
CindyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #133

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Clark View Post
You may find the cabin to be just fine and it is probably less expensive than staying at a motel somewhere down the road.

There will be plenty of trailers to see and owners to talk with that is for sure. You can look at your rental fees as an investment/learning expense and maybe they will be the last time you have to rent a cabin for a long time.
Jean is "Spot on"!

It will surely be a lot cheaper than purchasing a trailer that might not work out for ya. Then taking a loss on resale.

So many things to consider when purchasing a camper. Such as type and size of tow vehicle (AKA-TV or TUG). How much room you need or want, fuel mileage when towing, etc..

Wonderful to be able to stay a couple of days and at least one night, to get to know the trailer types as well as the people types that own them.

One thing is pretty much for certain. And you can gather this from the, different Posts on this forum. Although we come from all walks of life with various life styles at home, when we gather as a group of "Egg" owners the friendliness is addictive.

Kip
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #134

Cherokee rally

Well said Kip.

This rally 3 years ago was my first rally and certainly not the last. I've met great friends from distant parts of the country and some more local. We have varied interests and those seem to enhance our get togethers.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #135

Arizona
Registry
Jean and Kip, I agree completely. The friendliness of practically everyone on the forum is amazing! And if the campground is even half as pretty as the pictures make it look, we are in for a great time on several different levels. I was ready to sign up 2 months ago, but DH had some things to get behind him before he could think to things ahead.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:44 PM   #136

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Hello All,

I hope it's not too late to sign up. I just bought a 13' Scamp back from Backus to NC and need to break it in! I'm looking forward to my first Rally.

Best,
Chesley
Chesley Sugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:00 AM   #137

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesley Sugg View Post
Hello All,

I hope it's not too late to sign up. I just bought a 13' Scamp back from Backus to NC and need to break it in! I'm looking forward to my first Rally.

Best,
Chesley

Hi Chelsey,

Absolutely not too late.

Please make your reservation and let Jean know your site number and your intentions concerning the pot luck and gift exchange.
You can do that with a PM to her, an e-mail to her, or posting it here.

Remember to tell the Folks at Happy Holiday you are part of the "EGG" rally so to get the 20% discount.

Congratulation on the new baby. New hatchling FGRVs are so cute before we break out the chain saws and make mods. Looking forward to seeing it and meeting you.

When will you be arriving? Will you be bring any furry companions?

Kip
Old 10-03-2012, 12:35 PM   #138

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
Can't make rally

Dear friends,

I am sad to say that I have had to change my plans and will not be attending the rally. I canceled my reservation for site # 85 today. Disappointed that we can not come. Just can't have the camper travel worthy in time. I look forward the next opportunity to meet you all some time in the future.

Cathy
Cat futrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #139

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Hi Chesley,

Absolutely not too late.

Please make your reservation and let Jean know your site number and your intentions concerning the pot luck and gift exchange.
You can do that with a PM to her, an e-mail to her, or posting it here.

Remember to tell the Folks at Happy Holiday you are part of the "EGG" rally so to get the 20% discount.

Congratulation on the new baby. New hatchling FGRVs are so cute before we break out the chain saws and make mods. Looking forward to seeing it and meeting you.

When will you be arriving? Will you be bring any furry companions?

Kip
Thanks Kip,

Jane, I have site #75, but have been given a choice to change it if I don't like it and another site presents itself.

I'll do the pot luck. I'm a really bad cook so you all will have to take your chances! I'll also participate in the gift exchange.

Kip, I'll be coming in on Thursday afternoon. The furry companion I might bring depends on whether the scamp picks up a mouse between now and then.

Ches
Chesley Sugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #140

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat futrell View Post
Dear friends,

I am sad to say that I have had to change my plans and will not be attending the rally. I canceled my reservation for site # 85 today. Disappointed that we can not come. Just can't have the camper travel worthy in time. I look forward the next opportunity to meet you all some time in the future.

Cathy
Cathy,

Sure sorry to learn you and Sebastian won't be able to attend.
Always kind of scary to take a camper on it's first outing, especially
if ya know everything isn't as good as it can be.

Hope to see you next year or maybe at another rally or campground, sooner.

The Green Eggs & Ham rally is in March in Middle Alabama. That might be one for you to strive for. It was a lot of fun last year and our first time there. And the Scamp folks have rallies in Florida. scampers : Scampers

Don't forget that there is lots of help on these forums for fixin up a camper.

Kip

Tags
fall, rally