CA Oct 25-29 2012: Lake Casitas 11th Rally - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-25-2012, 03:07 PM   #101

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Yay Frederick!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #102

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
Arrived home last nite, and am very tired. The rally was wonderful. The people friendly and the weather terrific. The organizers deserve a big round of ya hoo's. There was plenty to do at the campground. It was nice meeting everyone. I had a very enjoyable time. The drive was well worth it.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #103

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Yep! It was wonderful. We met some really nice folks and had a great time. Thank you for making a first time rally attendee so welcome.
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #104

Name: Jodi
Trailer: 1989 Casita
California
Enjoyed meeting many of you. Thanks to all of the folks that made this rally possible.
jodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #105

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Again another wonderful rally. Welcome to all the new folks, may not have had the chance to meet everyone but hope you all had a good time and will join us again. We couldnt have had better weather. Hubby and I stayed until Thursday and that morning we had pea soup thick fog, but burned off by the time we pulled out. Thanks again to all the planners for making a great rally.
Dont forget there is Quartzsite AZ coming up at the first of the year.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #106

Name: K
Trailer: 2009 Escape 19
California
We have a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone!

Did anyone by chance find a small ruby stud earring? I realized it was missing our first night at the rally but was really hoping that I had just been so busy getting ready at home that I hadn't actually put the second one in. Once I got home it wasn't here which means I lost it. It doesn't have any real value, just sentimental, as it was from my grandmother's jewelry box when she passed away. Anyway, I'll tear the trailer apart but I though I might as well as here.

We're looking forward to the next rally we can attend!
Teen Boy #1 and Teen Boy #2
Monster and Brat (the dogs, not the boys)
HappyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #107

Name: Karen
Trailer: Bigfoot 25
California
Registry
Pictures from Lake Casitas Rally Flickr: lovelyinlatoo's Photostream
Thanks to everyone at the Lake Casitas Rally who made our first successful venture out a great one! We had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing our new friends at the next rally or out on the road.
Karen, Matt, Michaela, Hannah and Bella
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #108

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks for sharing Karen! Must be nice to be able to camp the end of October and wear tee-shirts and shorts!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:39 PM   #109

Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
Thank you Karen for posting photos and joining us at the rally.
RRIZZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #110

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Smile Great Turnout for the Rally

Hello Lake Casitas Rally Attendees

Just wanting to thank everyone who attended the 2012 Rally (11th Annual at Lake Casitas).

As usual, and we are very happy about it, the weather cooperated.. in fact, it was the best 5 days of weather that we've ever had .. Warm not too hot, not windy, just perfect weather - even nights were nice.

We hope everyone enjoyed their time at the rally and we want to thank everyone who helped. I'm hoping I don't overlook some folks - I know there were some that helped behind the scenes and I really thank all of you.

Jim Johnson was again right there thru the year, helping me to keep track of all the signups: Our Roster had 53 trailers listed, and he had more to add at the rally (56 trailers total). Name tags were changed this year to now be FOREVER. New attendees will be given name tags, but those that attended this year, please remember them next year - or replacements will be $2 to help keep our costs down.

Joni and Joe paid for the tables to be moved to the lawn area and topped them with tablecloths and kept watch over them... They did collect donations later that paid for the tables and misc for others. We're trying not to add a rally fee for everyone - instead we thank you for donating to keep our costs down.

There were several folks who helped at the Pot Lucks and Ice Cream Social - cleaning up etc. Thanks to all of you. We need all the help we can get in order for things to run smooth - and we appreciate everything you do.

Rosemary and Liz decided to start a welcome committee for the rally and they did a super job for all those that had never been to our rally. We had several new this year and we were spread over 3 campgrounds.. Bass, Egret and Fox. A big reason to make your reservations early.

Bonnie and Tao - thanks for always giving us the way to hold our rally in a great open space.. Sharing your space is really appreciated.

Fred again, thank you for bringing your equipment to the rally to weigh trailers. Much appreciated by those you helped.

Thanks to Barbara and Frank for helping by leading a round table discussion on Friday. They have agreed to do 2 next year - Friday and Saturday .. Part of the time each day will be talks by them, the other time please feel free to ask questions, or add comments.

Rosemary, on Saturday, led a discussion and she had a very good turnout. Appreciate how you always step in to help.

Thanks to all who scooped ice cream, and for those bringing the ice cream and toppings . It's always enjoyed by all.

Thanks to those who took time to dress your pets or not, just to come to walk in the parade. It's so nice to see all the pets come together even for just a short walk. They are part of the rally.

On Thursday, I usually do not plan anything. However, after sitting around our campsite with several folks, it was 4:30 and someone said how about a Happy Hour.. Jeannie jumped right in and walked the campground to let everyone know that 5:00 was Happy Hour in our space. It was fun and this will be on the schedule for next year. 5:00 Happy Hour wherever Jim and my space is next year.. TBD. Thanks Jeannie.

Not sure if we will have Happy Hour on Saturday... We noticed not to many folks came to it and it was just before the Pot Luck. We'll have to think about this a little more. Might be better to start the Pot Luck a little earlier to have more light, and usually it gets pretty cool at night.

We had someone in charge of the campfire this year and I am so sorry, I can't remember who it was. I really appreciate you offering to help, and when I asked if you would start the campfire - you jumped right in to help. Thanks to you, everyone enjoyed your campfire to cook hot dogs etc.

We had the For Sale items on Friday. It was a good turnout and we will have it again next year on Friday. .. Please plan on bringing your items to sell, trade or giveaway next year. If you aren't there on Friday, feel free to set up a table sometime on Saturday.

Lake Casitas is changing their reservation system. Instead of being able to make reservation 6 months in advance. Sorry to say, it will be one year in advance. This means that in order for you to have a good space, or any space in Bass, you should make those reservations many months in advance. I will post as soon as I know the dates of the rally and also when they set up the new reservation schedule. This change is probably not a benefit for our rally.

We hope to see you Next Year 2013
Carol and Jim
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally