Ontario Bolerama 2007 "Retro Rally" - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #41

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Poutine must be one of those endemic northern dishes... no one in these climes puts gravy on fries. I have no clue why not, however, as gravy on baked potatoes is kinda required, right?
I know this is going to sound odd, but no....gravy is generally not put on baked potatoes in the Big White North, eh... . In some provinces, like Quebec, it is good ol' butter that is generously melted over the "pommes des terre", and then the middle and western provinces lean more towards sour cream, with maybe some bacon bits and/or choped little green onions..

Gravy is good on mashed potatoes or fries..

Quote:
Nicole if you bring a bag o' spuds, I'll provide enough hot oil to satisfy even the most poutine-deprived camper.
The curds, though, are on you. Cheese that's noisy just seems a bit incongruous to me.
You are on!!!!! Seeing as we will be in PEI the week before, we can bring some PEI spuds with us..,,

And as for the curds,....well, don't knock it till you try it!

I won't expect you to try fries with mayonaise or spegetti sauce this year, though....We will ease you in gently..
Nicole M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:43 AM   #42

Trailer: 1980 Boler 1750 (FG)
so what's up ?

how many fiberglass RVs will make it to Emily ?
Luc P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM   #43

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
so what's up ?

how many fiberglass RVs will make it to Emily ?

I booked our site last night. We'll be there from Friday to Monday.
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:51 PM   #44

Trailer: Boler
Hi,

I have just bought myself a Boler and I will be attending my first Bolerama with a Boler instead of only a camera. I am very excited.

I am now looking to rent a small piece of land in the Peterborough area to park it. I would like to be able to leave it in the area, pick it up to go camping at various parks and drop it off
after without pulling it in and out of the city.

If anyone has a lead, please let me know - lisebo@sympatico.ca.

Thanks & see you in July.

Lise Beaudry
Lise Beaudry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:34 PM   #45

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
Hi,

I have just bought myself a Boler and I will be attending my first Bolerama with a Boler instead of only a camera. I am very excited.

I am now looking to rent a small piece of land in the Peterborough area to park it. I would like to be able to leave it in the area, pick it up to go camping at various parks and drop it off
after without pulling it in and out of the city.

If anyone has a lead, please let me know - lisebo@sympatico.ca.

Thanks & see you in July.

Lise Beaudry

Welcome to the family Lise. The provincial parks have storeage rentals for varying rates. You get to park your trailer in their truck compound and then get it when you want it. Monthly and seasonal are both available. Each park has their own rules and fees so you have to contact them individually.
We've actually been considering doing that at Emily as we tend to head for the Kawarthas most times anyway.

See you at Bolerama.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #46

Trailer: Boler 1300 1977 (#2033 L EGGO)
Trot out the Turkey, bring on the Beavertails and pass the Poutine!

Our summer travel plans have finally all fallen into place. On our way to visit a daughter and family in Edmonton we will once more join in the fun and food at Emily. And on the way back we will sample everything western at the Prairie Egg Gathering in Macklin.

We look forward to gathering ever more friends and happy memories.

Des & Diane
Des Nolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #47

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: We are looking forward to our first "Egg Gathering"... I don't know about all that exotic food but I sure can rustle up a mean mess o' beans!!! I don't know how popular they might be...what with all the thin walls n' small spaces!!! We will be on the Electrickery side...Hope to you there. Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:53 PM   #48

Trailer: Boler 17 ft 1977 / 04 Explorer Sport Trac
I'm very excited to meet again people I have known three years ago and last year. And this year, I will be among turkey men with Doug and Kathy!
Raymond Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:33 AM   #49

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Raymond, looking forward to seeing you again. Just got word from Doug & Kathy that they won't be able to make it this year . We were looking forward to a visit with them in Belleville prior to the rally. Still, Inge and I will be there...with my new "backpacker " guitar for les chansons.
I'll have to write a song about your Strawberry Wine!
a bientot...Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 03:06 PM   #50

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 4500
We are Rally "virgins" , so this is all new to us.

We will be making our way back from PEI, with two 15 year old boys and 2 big dogs....Don and I may not be on speaking terms by then, depending on how the trip went... You will surely recognize us by the hairy, panting canines we will have in tow.

I am still hoping to bring a bag of PEI spuds, and some "squeaky cheese curds" for poutine. Wasn't there some discussion of a convoy from New Brunswick coming down?

If there are no other teenagers in the group we might have to run the boys back to Toronto, because they surely will NOT want to hang out with us all week-end..Don't understand why not?
Nicole M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #51

Registry
Quote:
If there are no other teenagers in the group we might have to run the boys back to Toronto, because they surely will NOT want to hang out with us all week-end..Don't understand why not?
Emily park is going to be packed that weekend. I can't imagine that they wouldn't find some fun in the park. (It's not as if Bolerama is the only thing happening)
Old 06-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #52

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Carol Ann; bring the fishing rods along, the river runs right along the edge of the park and you can rent canoes and paddle boats at the park. There is also a beach that's not too bad

Of course after the trip to New Brunswick, you may deserve a rest for yourself and Don
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:37 AM   #53

Quote:
Raymond, looking forward to seeing you again. Just got word from Doug & Kathy that they won't be able to make it this year . We were looking forward to a visit with them in Belleville prior to the rally. Still, Inge and I will be there...with my new "backpacker " guitar for les chansons.
I'll have to write a song about your Strawberry Wine!
a bientot...Alistair
It's a pleasure to meet you again. Have told somewhere earlier that you will cut the turkey(s?) ?.

Dough, Kathy : we will miss you. Have a nice time.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:05 AM   #54

Registry
Quote:
Carol Ann; bring the fishing rods along, the river runs right along the edge of the park and you can rent canoes and paddle boats at the park. There is also a beach that's not too bad

Of course after the trip to New Brunswick, you may deserve a rest for yourself and Don

Charlie -- although I enjoy fishing too, that would be Nicole and Don that have the boys.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #55

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
Sorry Carol Ann, sleepping at the wheel with that reply. It was intended for Nicole.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at Emily!
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #56

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft 1973
Hi Raymond, yes, without Doug's turkey, I am an unemployed carver. Is that a job offer? I'll bring my knives
Alistair
Alistair Camelford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #57

Quote:
Hi Raymond, yes, without Doug's turkey, I am an unemployed carver. Is that a job offer? I'll bring my knives
Alistair
Sure ! But I hope I am not the only show man with a turkey !
Old 06-22-2007, 10:19 AM   #58

Name: Tina
Trailer: Bigfoot
Quebec
We are bringing our fryer too and can easily pick up a bird if needed...

Looking forward to this GT... I will bring the old curtains I have for anyone needing some for a 17ft Boler...
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #59

Quote:
We are bringing our fryer too and can easily pick up a bird if needed...

Looking forward to this GT... I will bring the old curtains I have for anyone needing some for a 17ft Boler...
Ouff ! I will not be alone with my turkey.....
Your curtains ? Will see, I have a 17ft Boler too.
See you soon.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:01 AM   #60

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Raymond, Al is unfortunately correct that herself & I have had our travel plans somewhat abruptly waylaid this year. Issues involving the real estate market in Miami have conspired to preclude the trip, but you may rest assured that we'll begin planning our 2008 visit tomorrow.
We were so looking forward to Nicole's poutine, Des's beaver tails and even Joe's pipes. As it is, we'll be anxiously awaiting the post-weekend-posts here delighting us with tales of crackerjack cuisine and fine friends. I will expect a report that your own culinary creation a la friteuse will remain true to the tradition of your vintage vinos and enlist even more converts to the gospel of grease.

And if Al writes an ode to Strawberry Wine, I think someone ought to roll tape. Such gems no doubt deserve to be preserved for posterity but mostly because Deanna Carter would want to know about it.

Doug in Miami (but not for much longer).
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote