OR 2006: Dutch Oven Workshop - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2006, 01:53 AM   #41

Trailer: 2002 13 ft Casita
Please add me to your dutch oven class. Thanks.
Kathy Davisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 07:52 AM   #42

Trailer: 1996 16 ft Scamp
I was just telling someone I don't know how to "Dutch Oven" -- what better opportunity than the Oregon Gathering.

Is there room for one more, please.
Raunie Aasland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #43

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Mike and Lori, someday you will have to do a workshop at one of the So Cal gatherings. I was gifted a Lodge 12" camp model and am rather intimidated by the idea of trying it. I think I will get a smaller one too.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #44

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
[b]Dutch Oven Workshop

Lori & I have volunteered to put on another Dutch Oven Workshop this year.

Last summer we went to the National Chuck Wagon Cook Off in Ruidoso, New Mexico sponsored by the Hubbard Museum & the Smithsonian Institute.

We had so much fun and the food was great. We have many new ideas. Would you like to help us put it on?

MikeLori

Please add us to your list of DO participants. Yes, we're back.

We were the ones from two years ago with the wrong charcoal, the wrong DO and an improperly cured/maintained DO. We served as the before example. You were very patient and helpful.

Thanks.

Jim and Barbara Boyd
Jim Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #45

Trailer: 73 Surfside 14 / '05 Magnum RT AWD
Do we need to sign up??? Well - you better write me and my sis down. I'll bring the not good quality one so you can shake your finger at me and explain why not to me. .

I also have a big whopper one and a itty bitty one and a - - Just call me cast iron crazy!

what can I fix/mess up?

what do I bring??
Jana J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:42 AM   #46

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
We just had 12 family members come and stay with us for several days. My brother and his wife are still here as we work on his Casita building a generator box.

It is time for us to pull together all the details for the Dutch Oven Workshop. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again and doing some new dishes.

This thread should be starting to have lots of info so please keep checking back. Are there any special menu requests on your wish list that you would like to learn? Post them here and we’ll see what we can do. This is going to be fun & interesting.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 11:51 AM   #47

One of the things that Lori is amazing at is taking all skill levels of cooks and giving everyone a different recipe, different start time and then having every Dutch Oven finish cooking at the same time.

In keeping with the idea that many hands make light work, we have everyone cut, chop, assemble every recipe. The has a side benefit of everyone getting to see how all the differnet recipes are created. Oh, and by the way, it is fun socially to get to know everyone that way also.

This year we want to make sure everyone gets to taste their recipe, and so we will be having a “sampling” as part of the class.

We see this as a hands on class and not a spectators sport, so plan on jumping in and playing.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:54 AM   #48

Quote:
Do we need to sign up??? Well - you better write me and my sis down. I'll bring the not good quality one so you can shake your finger at me and explain why not to me. .

I also have a big whopper one and a itty bitty one and a - - Just call me cast iron crazy!

what can I fix/mess up?

what do I bring??
Got you and sis on the list. Is that a team or two dutch ovens?
Old 06-08-2006, 08:43 PM   #49

Trailer: Casita 2005 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Bonnie and I would like to see what this Dutch Oven cooking is all about - before buying necessary hardware. May we come and simply observe...Jerry
Jerry Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #50

Quote:
Bonnie and I would like to see what this Dutch Oven cooking is all about - before buying necessary hardware. May we come and simply observe...Jerry
Sure. We do not and would not run anybody off. We enjoy talking about cooking and the techniques.

Like I said though, this is not a spectators sport. All the people with equipment and putting in the effort to learn and get their food will be our main focus.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #51

Trailer: 1978 13 ft Boler
Quote:

Hi Jerry! I'll be bringing an extra dutch oven so if you want to give it a try without buying the equipment, let me know and you can use one of mine.
Jamie
Jamie Hubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:59 AM   #52

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I have two extra Dutch ovens, too. So, if anyone wants to try the class but doesn't have a DO, drop me an email or a PM and one will be yours to borrow for the class.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #53

Trailer: Casita 2005 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Jamie, thank you for the offer. Yes, we would appreciate an opportunity to use one of your "DO's" for the workshop....Jerry
Jerry Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 06:31 AM   #54

Trailer: 73 Compact II
Hi:

Looking forward to Dutch Oven cooking, will this be a main dinner for Sat evening, do we get a list of food to bring?

And would you add Don and Barbara to your list.

Thanks for all your work.

Barb
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 10:39 AM   #55

Quote:
Hi:

Looking forward to Dutch Oven cooking, will this be a main dinner for Sat evening, do we get a list of food to bring?

Barb
Usually we bring all the food and have everyone pay a share. We will not be able to do that this time because of the distance. So yes, we will have to workout who is going to make what via email or something.

Lori is working on that.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #56

Quote:
Hi:

Barb
Oh, I see, thanks for the info.

I have a a forty five year old cast iron pot, it's silver with a glass lid, I cook with it in my oven, stews etc, there is no name on it but could it be a dutch oven, I was going to have my husband, the handy man that he is, make a stand for it and then if I like cooking this way I'll buy a good one. What do you think?

Thanks Barb
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 AM   #57

Quote:
I have two extra Dutch ovens, too. So, if anyone wants to try the class but doesn't have a DO, drop me an email or a PM and one will be yours to borrow for the class.

Nancy
Nancy:

We would like to borrow one of your Dutch ovens before we buy one, like to try the class first and see what this is all about, looking forward adventure of cooking Dutch Oven and the quilting class and camping with a group of RV'ers.

Thanks, Barbara L
Old 06-13-2006, 11:03 PM   #58

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
We would like to borrow one of your Dutch ovens before we buy one
You're name's on one, Barbara! (It will be a deep 12".) Please remind me at the Gathering though; there's too much to remember.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:09 PM   #59

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Registry
I don't have a Dutch Oven. Can I sign up as a taste tester? I mean...there's got to be SOME quality control, right?

- Miriam
Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:26 PM   #60

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
We are working on the details of the upcoming Dutch Oven class. So far, the following people have signed up, or at least have expressed an interest in trying it. We've had a tremendous response, which is great. We may even split the class and do it twice.

Sharon Harman
Jackie
Jim & Linda Clary
Dave K & Linda
Dave & Kathie
Joe & Vivian
Bill & Karen MacDermod
Jim & Mary C
Renee K
Louise B
Kathy Davisson
Raunie Aasland