OREGON 2006: Few Stats - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2006, 10:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Here are a few stats for the 2006 Oregon Gathering:

232 people attended (Plus, there were some other "Saturday Attendees," too, who came to look.)
115 groups (113 sites in the park, 1 couple in a motel and 1 in another park)
111 fiberglass trailers in attendance
14 states, 3 Canadian Providences & 1 Canadian Territory
15 different types of trailers:
  • Amerigo
  • Bigfoot
  • Boler
  • Burro
  • Casita
  • Compact II
  • Escape
  • Fiberstream
  • Northern Light
  • Perris Pacer
  • Scamp
  • Surf Side
  • Tote 'n Tarry
  • Trailmite
  • Trillium
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:55 PM   #2

<div align="center">Plan now!

<span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%">2007 Oregon Gathering</span>
July 19-22, 2007 (Thursday through Sunday)</div>
<div align="center">
Come early, stay late.</div>
Old 07-17-2006, 11:18 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Nancy,
thank you for all your hard work, we had a great time and hope to see you next year if not before. Julien
Jay Herb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:53 AM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1985
Thank you to Nancy, Mike,Donna,Gene, and all the others to numerous to list!! We all had a great time, I'm sure. What a great bunch of folks to spend a weekend with! Many thanks to Jamie and all the others who gave so much for the give-aways.
We look forward to next year with you all.......and maybe a few more??
Our prayers and thoughts go out to Abby, Nancy, and Mike, for all to be well.
Thank you to all who came and made this year even better than last year!!!
Randy and Renee
RJordanX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #5

So many did so much - without even being asked. The Gathering could not have happened without you all. Thank YOU!

Nancy
Old 07-19-2006, 08:14 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via AIM to Ken&Chris
We had a great time, thanks for setting the rally up so so many people can get together. Looking forward to next year. We stayed 4 days last year and a week this year. We are thinking about 2 weeks next year. Glad to hear you are all home and safe. out thoughts are with you. Ken and Chris Hildner 1979 Fiber Stream.
Ken&Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 09:29 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via Yahoo to Renee K.
From us Shasta people (who made the switch in trailers after making reservations), it was great to be with the greatest bunch of good eggs. Thanks for the acceptance and we had a marvelous time. As the FG trailers get old enough to be vintage, we will already fit in! LOL

We did get a lot of interest from people who remembered and/or owned the original Shastas and we shared some meloncholy moments with some.

Hope all had a good and safe trip home and stay safe, well and happy till "we meet again." Renee and Elsie
Renee K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:08 PM   #8

Trailer: 76 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Wink

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!! (but are working on it!)
From the Newbies (our first Gathering in our first ever RV) in the green egg (76 Trill) w/ the arch awning, Susan Davis/Jim Schlotter WHAT A GREAT TIME!!!!
Thank you NANCY for all your hard work and dedication. Hope things work out for the better at BullBch next year. We checked out Harris Beach just down the coast on our way home (after a side trip up to Charleston for 4 doz. oysters!) & it would probably be too small. But let's keep the OR Gathering on the coast because it is COOL , in more ways than one!
See everyone next year, if not sooner somewhere!
susan b. davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:54 PM   #9

Susan, I'm so glad you and Jim had a great time. (Love your humor!) Yeah, we will keep it at Bullard's Beach. I will just have to do some more "pre-leg work" with the management before next year's Gathering. (But thanks for checking on Harris Beach Campground.)

Thanks for writing, everybody. The Gathering is truly a labor of love for me. (Where else would I get to meet so many nice people?)

Nancy
Old 07-22-2006, 08:31 PM   #10

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Good job, Nancy! We got home yesterday, despite the hot weather. Thank you very much.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #11

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Hi Everyone-

We had a blast a Bullards this year, just like last year, we can't wait for next year. Thanks to everyone for making it such a great 2006 rally. We were so glad we came early and stayed late this year. We were able to have the time to get out and about and visit more people this year and put more names with faces.
Jamie-we really enjoyed your fish.
Gina-So glad you braved the tent and came. Bring your trailer next year. We need more Burro's.
Gene-I found those lettuce holders in Grants Pass, OR. Used one the rest of our trip and it worked like a dream. Thanks so much.
Donna-Thanks for taking on the lie and going to get Gina, that was so neat.
Barbara-Thanks a million and more!!!
Nancy-I am so sorry I did not get to say good-bye to you and Mike. I totally understand you had to go. Please know our prayers were and are with you. I finally got to a computer and was able to read a few posts to know that things were at least OK.
To everyone else-I must say this is the best site I have found on the net. We have meet the nicest people from here. We so enjoyed everyone's company and feel like we have made some great friends (even if we only get to see you once or twice a year). See all of you and hopefully many more next year.
We just got home on Wed afternoon. When we left Bullards Tuesday morning and traveled here and there through Oregon and California shopping and site seeing. We passed a lot of other fiberglass eggs on the road during our travels and even meet a couple in Oregon that was telling us all about this big "White Egg Rally" on the Oregon coast (as they called it). I asked if they had attended and they told us no they missed it but will be there next year, so we told them all about it. They did not know anything about the forum so we gave them all the info for it also. Can't remember their names but really nice people from Southern California.
We hit Redding, CA Monday the 24th and found it very hot. 112 when we pulled into the campground/RV park from HELL. When we opened the trailer it was 117 inside. I guess you know I got the fans going immediately. Finally got it cooled down a bit and began to unpack. The more we unpacked the more we looked around and knew this was not the spot for us. Lots of shady type creatures, I mean people around. They appeared to be living there in their RV's and trailers and were not impressed with our little egg. Because of the extreme heat we went ahead and stayed that night but I slept with one eye open all night. The next moring we got up at the crack of dawn and packed up and went a found a wonderful place to leave our trailer while we played at the Redding water slides all day.
Word of warning, if anyone ever finds themself in the Redding, CA area and needs a place to camp DO NOT GET FOOLED and stay at the Sacramento River RV Park off I-5 going south. It is a beautiful spot, very shaded with a pool and next to the river but its sure is not the nice camp spot it looks like. We ended up at the Mountain Gate RV park off I-5 about 6 miles out of Redding going north on I-5. Very nice, clean and friendly place with a pool, some shade and the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen. We found it hard to find a place around Redding. Many very nice RV Parks but they don't allow "small trailers" or tents and we had to have at least one tent for our girls.
Well I have lots of unpacking and restocking the trailer to do so it's time I am off to get our Burro ready for it's next adventure.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote